No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rashaad Penny has a 38 yard run and then a big TD run. I liked him in the draft. Then he tried the Eddie Lacy approach to fitness.
    ​​​​​​
    sigpic

Comment

• Let's go Seahawks!
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Weird day. My real team did fine, unexpectedly so.
        Getting my ass handed to me in fantasia land. Hey, one out of two is better than some alternatives...
        ~

Comment

• Romo's been gushing about the Rams playcalling all game, but you know what? I kinda agree with him. Just a well oiled machine that can pound it and toss it. Toss in a crazy good defense and you have a tough team. Still have the Saints to contend with though.

Seattle needs to beef up the D a bit, and stack up on lineman. They have the right idea to pound the rock, but they aren't quite there yet.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

I have Jets in 8 of 11 lineups. And Kareem Hunt (7.5 points, $8,500 salary) in ALL of 'em. Night of the Living Dead at DK for me.
            ~
            I also made the brilliant decision to bench Kerryon and Allen Robinson in one league. I am managing my awesome team into the ground this season.

Still, with the Titans beating the Pats, it's pretty tough for me to be too down about it. I really wish they'd decide to stay good, but I fully expect them to find a way to lose to the Jets in two weeks and keep the head scratching going.

Comment

• Go Cowboys!
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                Romo's been gushing about the Rams playcalling all game, but you know what? I kinda agree with him. Just a well oiled machine that can pound it and toss it. Toss in a crazy good defense and you have a tough team. Still have the Saints to contend with though.

Seattle needs to beef up the D a bit, and stack up on lineman. They have the right idea to pound the rock, but they aren't quite there yet.
                Seattle seems to be coming together again. And I agree they need to stock that D again and keep improving on offense, but I think they're getting there. Not this year, but eventually.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Zach Martin goes down. A guy Dallas really can't afford to lose during an already down year.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Good stop by Dallas.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Dallas with that much needed TD at the end of the half.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• The Bengals fire DC Terryl Austin after 9 total games and apparently Lions punter Sam Martin took an ambulance to the hospital after the game yesterday. No word on why he was in the ambulance though.
                        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Cooper Kupp tears ACL.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                            Cooper Kupp tears ACL.
                            As does Darby. It would have been interesting to see what the Eagles could do without the "underdog" status, but they have been kneecapped by injuries. Guess we'll see what they have next year. Though they will have to contend with a Washington squad that should be 100% healthy next year, which will be scary. They're like the anti-Dan Snyder team: not a lot of big names or flash, but just a solid team playing solid ball. The older big names that are there have something to prove instead of being there to secure their retirement.

Meanwhile, this year: I'm still wondering which team will emerge from the pack to be the 6th team in the AFC, as 1-5 has basically been decided already. I'm leaning towards Tennessee, thanks to their random bursts of competence. Cincinnati is in the mix but have more or less collapsed thanks to injuries. Baltimore is in the same boat, as Joe may be hurt, Harbaugh may be a lame duck, and if Joe misses time, Jackson goes in. And Jackson doesn't looks anything like an NFL QB at this point. Their D is still really good, but a good defense hamstrung by a limited offense is kinda the same ol' story in Baltimore. I guess Miami is an option, too, in spite of themselves.

The NFC has an interesting Vikes/Bears rivalry this year. Outside of that, the Saints are insane, the Rams are very good, and a beat up Washington should still win what's become a mediocre division this year. Carolina should have that last wilcard sewn up with the Vikes/Bears loser getting the other spot. Beyond those top 6, there are lots of flawed teams. I'm just waiting for the ESPN playoff generator to be up and running again.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I guess there's Indy to think about in the AFC, too, but I generally forget about them.
                              sigpic

Comment

• OBGay not handling the balls well tonight.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X