No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get dunked on by Purdue, nearly lose to Maryland, blast Michigan. OSU makes no sense.

So with Washington St and Michigan going down, who becomes that 4th team? Georgia still gets Bama, and Oklahoma gets a Texas rematch. I guess if both of those teams lose UCF might get a shot.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

I actually do think Garrett would be fired in that scenario. At minimum Linehan would be
      I think replacing Linehan wold be a good move.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
        Get dunked on by Purdue, nearly lose to Maryland, blast Michigan. OSU makes no sense.

So with Washington St and Michigan going down, who becomes that 4th team? Georgia still gets Bama, and Oklahoma gets a Texas rematch. I guess if both of those teams lose UCF might get a shot.
        Michigan is such an embarrassment.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• This LUS-TAMU overtime is nuts.

Comment

• Muh 10 win season got stolen from me! *tears*
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I hate listening to Romo sooo much.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I picked the Browns to upset the Bengals, looks like I should have gone with the Giants, too.
                ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                  I picked the Browns to upset the Bengals, looks like I should have gone with the Giants, too.
                  Or not.
                  ~

Comment

• Philip Rivers: 25 for 25, 3 TDs.
                    ~

Comment

• Despite the loss, I think the Steelers could be going to the Super Bowl this year.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I like the Vikings OTs.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                          Despite the loss, I think the Steelers could be going to the Super Bowl this year.
                          They need to get past KC and NE. NE isn't the juggernaut that they usually are but are still the monkey on their back, and KC is really strong this year. It could happen, but I'm not holding my breath. Not too upset with the L: they were due for one. They got a big head after crushing Carolina. They have a tough stretch coming up and can't afford to have Ben forcing passes like a dope all game instead of spreading the ball around like he was previously. Also, please remember to establish Conner! He's not a guy that's going to succeed with 12 carries. Gotta feed the man. Though he's getting touches in the passing game.

Also, did anyone think that Juju would have better numbers​​​​​ than AB at this point? And that AB would be cool with it?

Reuben Foster has been cut. The man is a ****head.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Well, that "weekend" of football sucked for the entire state of Michigan. Stafford blew a game and I can't believe how little pressure the Michigan defense got on tOSU.

Talking heads are blaming Michigan's OC and saying they were running the ball too much and needed to pass more. I feel like they were watching a different game than I was if they believe that. What I saw was Patterson being abnormally inaccurate, under throwing a lot of his targets. Michigan's OT's weren't doing well enough in the blocking game to give Patterson as much time as tOSU was getting as well. I expected that to be a problem the entire year, but this felt like the first game where it was actually a concern so I'm actually quite happy with how well the coaches, which included a change in OL coach this offseason, did to improve that position.

As for the running, I think the issue was how Michigan was running the ball rather than how often. Higdon going up the middle or off tackle by himself wasn't working. Michigan needed either more Ben Mason lead power running to take out the LBs, who were playing their best game of the year by far according to every tOSU fan I heard from, or they needed to use more stretch and option runs. If people want to complain about the OC it should be about that instead of the run/pass ratio.

Though I LOVED the creativity they showed in their power running game. You don't see the inverted wishbone at the NCAA level very often and the people I was watching the game with were really confused about why I was cheering before the play even started. Ben Mason scored a TD on it as well so there should be a clip in the highlights somewhere.
                            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• LOVE the wishbone!
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Since Peter King mentioned the idea and other have talked about it I thought I should address the concept of trading Matthew Stafford here. Every single person I've seen bring up this idea is completely ignoring the cap implications of that move. Unless there is some cap magic that happens along with the trade the Lions would take on $49M in dead money by trading Stafford this offseason.

If the Lions don't like him as the QB of the future then I guess the trade would make sense from every other aspect, but I don't think it is actually possible for the Lions to make the trade.

Edit: I took a closer look on Spotrac. If the Lions trade Stafford it seems that it may only be $30M in dead money instead of $49M, but it would be the full $49M if they cut him. Not sure exactly why there is a difference unless some roster bonus money would transfer to the new team.
                                Last edited by kirmie; 11-26-2018, 11:09 AM.
                                http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Working...
                                X