2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
    Since Peter King mentioned the idea and other have talked about it I thought I should address the concept of trading Matthew Stafford here. Every single person I've seen bring up this idea is completely ignoring the cap implications of that move. Unless there is some cap magic that happens along with the trade the Lions would take on $49M in dead money by trading Stafford this offseason.

If the Lions don't like him as the QB of the future then I guess the trade would make sense from every other aspect, but I don't think it is actually possible for the Lions to make the trade.

Edit: I took a closer look on Spotrac. If the Lions trade Stafford it seems that it may only be $30M in dead money instead of $49M, but it would be the full $49M if they cut him. Not sure exactly why there is a difference unless some roster bonus money would transfer to the new team.
    There would have to be some cap wizardry involved. Are they trying to blow it up?
    sigpic

Comment

• Marvin Jones to IR. Yay... Though I think he can still return in early December. S

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

There would have to be some cap wizardry involved. Are they trying to blow it up?
      I don't think the Lions are trying to, but this feels like a thing where talking heads are going to keep talking about it anyways.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• The Lions aren't really that far away though.

Speaking of teams far away, Cincinnati put Dalton on IR. Here comes Tom Savage.
        sigpic

Comment

• If you're not far away, you don't trade your untradeable franchise QB's safety valve, do you? Seems like the Golden Tate trade has worked out badly for both Detroit and Philadelphia. Meanwhile, Dallas is riding high with Amari Cooper.

P.S. Eff Dallas!
          ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
            If you're not far away, you don't trade your untradeable franchise QB's safety valve, do you? Seems like the Golden Tate trade has worked out badly for both Detroit and Philadelphia. Meanwhile, Dallas is riding high with Amari Cooper.

P.S. Eff Dallas!
            ~
            That may have been the FO outsmarting itself a bit. Sure, Tate's contract was expiring and he is turning 30, but they didn't really have any other targets. These former NE guys often think that they can still pull and plug pieces like they did with the Pats, but when you don't have the best QB/coach combo in the modern era to cover weaker areas of the roster, that philosophy begins to fall apart.

They finally have an RB though. Get a couple of receivers and build that defense. How's the OL?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

That may have been the FO outsmarting itself a bit. Sure, Tate's contract was expiring and he is turning 30, but they didn't really have any other targets. These former NE guys often think that they can still pull and plug pieces like they did with the Pats, but when you don't have the best QB/coach combo in the modern era to cover weaker areas of the roster, that philosophy begins to fall apart.

They finally have an RB though. Get a couple of receivers and build that defense. How's the OL?
              OL has been OK, bad, and great all in the same season. Some of the bad can be put on Stafford holding the ball too long, which has something to do with the WRs and TEs. Some can be attributed to injuries. TJ Lang in particular and Decker seems a little gimped, but is playing through it. Lang needs to be replaced though.

Comment

• Its great to hear the announcers talk about how much more growth Mariota needs to do as he nears the end of the third quarter without an incomplete pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                  Its great to hear the announcers talk about how much more growth Mariota needs to do as he nears the end of the third quarter without an incomplete pass.
                  b$pn announcers are awful. AWFUL.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Its great to hear the announcers talk about how much more growth Mariota needs to do as he nears the end of the third quarter without an incomplete pass.
                    I wish Chris Spielman would get more air time. He makes some minor mistakes, but when he talk about something needing to be developed or changed he'll go into the specifics of it. Like really, really specific. For example, Taylor Decker would look straight forward before a play, but would then turn his head immediately on the snap depending on the type of play and Chris was commenting on how the defense could watch that to tell what kind of play was coming sooner. It's probably way overkill for the average viewer, but I prefer overkill to "Player A is having a bad game" with no explanation.

Comment

• Seattle seems to be coming together a bit. Could be something next year.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I wish Chris Spielman would get more air time. He makes some minor mistakes, but when he talk about something needing to be developed or changed he'll go into the specifics of it. Like really, really specific. For example, Taylor Decker would look straight forward before a play, but would then turn his head immediately on the snap depending on the type of play and Chris was commenting on how the defense could watch that to tell what kind of play was coming sooner. It's probably way overkill for the average viewer, but I prefer overkill to "Player A is having a bad game" with no explanation.
                        I like Spielman a lot myself. One of my faves and wayyy better than Charles ****ing Davis.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I like Spielman a lot myself. One of my faves and wayyy better than Charles ****ing Davis.
                          Charles Davis is a national treasure. And there's no bias here at all.

Comment

Charles Davis is a national treasure. And there's no bias here at all.
                            Lol.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Reuben Foster to the Skins. So many jokes being made all over the place.

Comment

Reuben Foster to the Skins. So many jokes being made all over the place.
                                fuk this planet.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X