This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
    BLECH. At least I kept my pick on the Eagles. Looks like it's mock draft season already for the Skins.
    ~
    Where do they look in the draft? QB? OG? WR?
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• **** Urban Meyer!

I hope he gets the Packers job.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Wow. I saw that earlier and thought it was an interim thing. Knowing OSU people, they'd expect a better resume, I assume. They're a pretty unrealistic fanbase though. I've seen so much FB *****ing about them being No. 6. I mean, did they not watch the game against Purdue....or Nebraska...or Maryland?
        I get the argument about Georgia being ranked over them with two losses, but Georgia also nearly beat ****ing Bama, who the eyeball test says is leagues above everyone but Clemson, and hasn't had anyone else even challenge them outside of the loss in Death Valley.
        OSU deserves 7th IMO.
        Yeah. They're weird. I don't think they can even understand how bad that loss to Purdue was. It wasn't just losing to a mediocre team; they lost to that team by 29 points. A team that only had a .500 record because of the fact that they beat tOSU. It wasn't even a rivalry game or the beginning of the year. I would have taken UCF over tOSU if they didn't lose their QB. At least UCF beat every mediocre team they played.
        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Yeah. They're weird. I don't think they can even understand how bad that loss to Purdue was. It wasn't just losing to a mediocre team; they lost to that team by 29 points. A team that only had a .500 record because of the fact that they beat tOSU. It wasn't even a rivalry game or the beginning of the year. I would have taken UCF over tOSU if they didn't lose their QB. At least UCF beat every mediocre team they played.
          I would have put UCF at No. 4 if I was in charge. They haven't lost a game in two years, beat a decent Memphis team handily with a backup QB, and are one of only four no loss teams in the country.

I know they didn't have a hard schedule, but it's almost impossible to have a tough enough schedule to compete as a non-power 5. If you're not going to let non-power 5 teams compete in the system, then quit pretending that they can. I don't care about the eyeball test. The eyeball test is about as accurate as a coin flip.

If they beat LSU, let em claim another National Championship.

Comment

• Getting nailed by Purdue this year was worse than getting nuked by Iowa last year.

I'm just curious if Urban will be back. He's good at what he does, but the dude must be the most high strung stress ball in existence.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
              Getting nailed by Purdue this year was worse than getting nuked by Iowa last year.

I'm just curious if Urban will be back. He's good at what he does, but the dude must be the most high strung stress ball in existence.
              He'll wait for some other big job to come open probably.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

He'll wait for some other big job to come open probably.
                USC if they get rid of Helton?
                sigpic

Comment

• I heard at some point that they can't operate on the cyst in his brain, so I think this is really it for him.

Leaving a hell of a legacy though. Who's going to recruit all the criminals now?

Comment

I heard at some point that they can't operate on the cyst in his brain, so I think this is really it for him.

Leaving a hell of a legacy though. Who's going to recruit all the criminals now?
                    Isn't Fulmer back at Tennessee in some capacity?
                    sigpic

Comment

Isn't Fulmer back at Tennessee in some capacity?
                      Haha, yes as athletic director. He can't recruit in that capacity.

And all of his former criminal recruits were reformed, upstanding members of society. And the ones that were convicted while playing were all framed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Where do they look in the draft? QB? OG? WR?
                        IMO, there's no point in using a really high pick on a QB, because we won't be picking high enough to get a top candidate. I'm fine with getting the best guard we can, and maybe we need to trade down so as not to overdraft Cody Ford or whomever. Aside from that, we ought to try to get one of these young shutdown CBs some teams have been getting. Norman isn't one anymore, but he's being paid like it. And next year his cap hit is substantially bigger than the penalty for letting him go.

QB: we need to do what we should have done last year: use a couple of later picks on carp-shoots. You never know if you get one, just keep doing it until you do or you get a really high pick.

P.S. Hell, with our luck on the O.L., maybe we should draft two guards with high picks.
                        ~
                        Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 12-05-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Haha, yes as athletic director. He can't recruit in that capacity.

And all of his former criminal recruits were reformed, upstanding members of society. And the ones that were convicted while playing were all framed.
                          Framed by those damned Gators no doubt. They cheatin!
                          ​​​​​​
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mel Tucker to Colorado.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

IMO, there's no point in using a really high pick on a QB, because we won't be picking high enough to get a top candidate. I'm fine with getting the best guard we can, and maybe we need to trade down so as not to overdraft Cody Ford or whomever. Aside from that, we ought to try to get one of these young shutdown CBs some teams have been getting. Norman isn't one anymore, but he's being paid like it. And next year his cap hit is substantially bigger than the penalty for letting him go.

QB: we need to do what we should have done last year: use a couple of later picks on carp-shoots. You never know if you get one, just keep doing it until you do or you get a really high pick.

P.S. Hell, with our luck on the O.L., maybe we should draft two guards with high picks.
                              ~
                              LG Michael Dieter imo. At CB, Greedy Williams from LSU is coming out. 6'2" and blazing fast. Man cover guy, though.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

USC if they get rid of Helton?
                                My first thought.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X