This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I'd fire Tomlin's ass and promote Munch tbh. He deserves it.
    I'm curious to see how he would do. He knows OL but those Titans teams weren't that impressive. But there may have been other issues there.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I'm curious to see how he would do. He knows OL but those Titans teams weren't that impressive. But there may have been other issues there.
      Yeah, having a terrible GM who probably gave you the worst draft in the NFL each year he picked has made his time at Tennessee look a lot better.

Plus, he may have learned a bit more by now, and with a lot of openings, he doesn't have to find a QB in the draft.

I love Munch, but to be successful, he'd probably need a modern, quality OC. Not a 'run it up the middle every play' kind of guy.

Comment

He'd bring back Steelers football.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• We probably won't hear anything from Pittsburgh until after the postseason. At least Butler will be gone. Tomlin should be. Despite his record, he's lost control of the team; a very talented team that just routinely plays undiscplined ball. He has the Mike McCarthy time management and situational play calling problem too. But he will probably get another year.
          sigpic

Comment

• There are fans that want Rex Ryan for DC, or even HC. Ignoring that disaster in Buffalo I suppose. And his need to tote around his hobo brother.
            sigpic

Comment

• sad faces all around. Especially from Danny Snydertown.

But it looks like I'm getting my 2nd WalterFootball DFS 1st place this year ($150). Woop!

And no confirmation on this yet...

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

I was 8 games behind that jmcneil20 a few weeks ago. I made it all the way back to just one behind. Oh well, he's gonna get $10,000. And I'll find out what 2nd place is worth.
              But I'm still all alone in 2nd place and that's worth $5,000. Not bad for free contests, ehh?
              ~

Comment

There are fans that want Rex Ryan for DC, or even HC. Ignoring that disaster in Buffalo I suppose. And his need to tote around his hobo brother.
                Rex is too loud to be a Steeler. The opposite of what the team needs.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Rex is too loud to be a Steeler. The opposite of what the team needs.
                  Yeah, that too.

The head coach needs to be someone who can actually control the players (not necessarily a huge ******* though, that loses a team too) and keeps these guys disciplined and playing smart football. Sensible gameplanning and time management helps a bunch too.

Defensive coordinator...just...anything else. Someone who can actually line players up properly and do more than blitz. Coverage is simply too important in today's NFL to ignore.

Offensively, someone innovative, yet still physical to take advantage of Conner and Samuels behind a hopefully still strong OL. And not afraid to tell Ben to stick it when it's time to run the ball. Not Haley: he would screen over and over again instead of run, and was horrible in the redzone.

Special teams, see above.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Geaux Tigers!
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Geaux Tigers!
                      So much for UCF's streak. At least they hung in there and didn't get blown out like chumps.
                      sigpic

Comment

So much for UCF's streak. At least they hung in there and didn't get blown out like chumps.
                        Because we were playing at noon and had 7 defensive starters out.

geaux tigers
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

What happened to PSU?
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

What happened to PSU?
                            They were a team reliant on one guy's heroics. And that only gets you so far. As does getting ran over by the other team's RB.
                            sigpic

Comment

They were a team reliant on one guy's heroics. And that only gets you so far. As does getting ran over by the other team's RB.
                              What did you think of Benny Snell?
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

What did you think of Benny Snell?
                                Powerful, breaks lots of tackles. Seemed to hit the hole quick, but not much in the way of long speed. It will be interesting to see what his combine looks like.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X