No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first team in OT will try to run the clock down if they can move the ball. Then we will see two minute drives to tie the game. There will be more ties in general

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
      New overtime rule could let receiving team win with just a field goal

I think this is b.s. The games are too long, but not because there's too much football. It's because of all the commercials and other crap.
      ~
      Spitballing here, but they could give each team a time limit. Make it 7:30 each. Then if the teams are still tied after a possession each you play out the rest of the 2nd team's time. The first drive will probably take less than 7:30 so OT will be shortened whether they score or not, but it also takes out the possibility of a really long drive taking up the whole time. Then again, who doesn't want there to be more football? Why not start the 1pm games at 12:50 instead?
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• I feel like if an offense runs out 10 minutes on a single drive, they can score if they really want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
          I feel like if an offense runs out 10 minutes on a single drive, they can score if they really want.
          Agree, but maybe the other team's offense could do the same. Especially with all the changes they've made to benefit the offense over the years. It just means the coin flip has more influence. I'd rather see the game end in a tie after 4 quarters. *rabble rabble*
          ~

Comment

• Honestly, I really don't care if a game ends in a tie. They rarely happen anyway, and it's nothing more than a definitive tie-breaker in most cases. Their rarity actually makes them even more interesting to me; I was rooting for a tie during last year's Seahawks @ Cardinals game, and I thought it was hilarious how it ended.

This is in contrast to Walt's "grade" on the rule change, which was awkward to read. He needs to leave comedy to those with a sense of humor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
              I'd rather see them just go back to a tie is a tie, and overtime is for the playoffs than make this change.
              ~
              How far back in time do we have to go for that? It was sudden death for as long as I can remember.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

How far back in time do we have to go for that? It was sudden death for as long as I can remember.
                ~

Comment

• Should be a 2 Pt conversion penalty shootout like soccer

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• College overtime is so much better.

Comment

• Well, I knew it was too good to be true. Browns FO finally made a dumb and hired Grigson as an underling to Aaron Berry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                        College overtime is so much better.
                        This. It just makes more sense. But the NFL would never adopt it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I predict ratings to be down again. I predict the dumb nfl management team to not understand why.

I predict not too many to care. Saturation. Stars aging n not being replaced. Iron fist of no fun. Beating and raping women.......in camera as no one cares otherwise. N generally too many stop start. Commercial, kickoff, commercial, One play, commercial, two play, penalty, commercial, conmercial, bather ing idiot talking about game with zero useful info even though played the game just to show you don't need to be smart to play nfl football. Espn. Goodell. Useless match ups on primetime due to not understanding their viewers. Pretty much who cares level right now.

n saying it's Kaepernicks fault. No one cares about some third string qb silently not honoring the anthem. Not like it's Tom Brady.

there. I solved that riddle
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                            I predict ratings to be down again. I predict the dumb nfl management team to not understand why.

I predict not too many to care. Saturation. Stars aging n not being replaced. Iron fist of no fun. Beating and raping women.......in camera as no one cares otherwise. N generally too many stop start. Commercial, kickoff, commercial, One play, commercial, two play, penalty, commercial, conmercial, bather ing idiot talking about game with zero useful info even though played the game just to show you don't need to be smart to play nfl football. Espn. Goodell. Useless match ups on primetime due to not understanding their viewers. Pretty much who cares level right now.

n saying it's Kaepernicks fault. No one cares about some third string qb silently not honoring the anthem. Not like it's Tom Brady.

there. I solved that riddle
                            Gong for Commissioner of the National Football League!
                            ~

Comment

• I'm eager to see how football's ratings will do this year. Last year, people blamed the election and the Kaepernick nonsense, but Kaep was a non issue after the first quarter of the season. Honestly, the product on the field just wasn't very good until the second half of the year. I watched more college than pro last year as it was simply more entertaining. The commercials were obnoxious as well, and that issue was way worse with most kickoffs not mattering anymore. So you get commercials, a touchback, and more commercials. And it's the same. Damn. Commercials. Every time. That process is grating. Hopefully they take the steps to fix that. Oversaturation is an issue, too; Thursday night games aside from Thanksgiving need to be cut entirely. We could lose the fourth week of preseason as well.

As far as any disciplinary stuff goes, let's be honest. No one cares if the guys can play. Some of the rookies coming in this year with character issues, do you think anyone will care if these guys ball out?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Kirksey extended, 4 years, $38M, $20M guaranteed. Good extension. Kid lead the league in defensive stops last year for linebackers, and has only improved each year he's played.

Comment

Working...
                                X