X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

And...3rd and 5th. Dude tanked his value and the Steelers let it happen. Because family values and ****. Still waiting for the great reset button. Though I like their FA signings.

Also, holy ****, this place is alive! I thought it was officially dead.

​​​​​​
    I thought it was done, too. Made my day finding out its not.

Who have the Steelers signed?

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Same here. Get a 1st for him would make me ecstatic.
    And...3rd and 5th. Dude tanked his value and the Steelers let it happen. Because family values and ****. Still waiting for the great reset button. Though I like their FA signings.

Also, holy ****, this place is alive! I thought it was officially dead.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Wherever he goes, I don't expect it to last long. I'm just hoping someone gives up something stupid for him.
    Same here. Get a 1st for him would make me ecstatic.

Leave a comment:

• whatdoyouwant711
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    I mean there was a report saying it's the Redskins, Raiders, and Titans that are coming after him hard.
    Yeah thats rough. Your team is the only interesting one there

Pairing AB with Hilton or Adams or god forbid Hopkins is just so much more interesting than him going to the ****ing Redskins or Raiders. To me it would be disappointing to not get to see something like that

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    Also, holy **** Rashan Gary and Montez Sweat.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
    Is it bad that AB's new hairstyle and bleached mustache makes me think he's lost his mind more than when he threw the sofa off the balcony?
    Not at all. It's a terrible look.

Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

Theres like 5 other teams with legit cap room that would also immediately have the best WR duo in the league upon trading for AB- DAL, GB, IND, HOU, for sure, probably SEA as well. Kinda hope he ends up in one of those spots (Green Bay in a sadistic sort of way)
    I mean there was a report saying it's the Redskins, Raiders, and Titans that are coming after him hard.

Leave a comment:

• whatdoyouwant711
    replied
    Wherever he goes, I don't expect it to last long. I'm just hoping someone gives up something stupid for him.
    It has everything to do with his contract demands, IMO. Tons of teams would be interested in him at 3/39/0 guaranteed- if you can get him to commit to 2 years at that money before signing another extension, he's worth at least a second, probably a late first. But if he's gonna hold out for another new deal in the 50/90/50 range now that his guarantees are up, oof. No thanks

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
    DK has monstrous tangibles, of course, but despite that, he struggles to make separation some of the time. He does run some crisp route, though, and is a hand fighter.

Physically, he's an inch taller, 15lbs heavier, and 0.03 seconds faster than Braylon Edwards was, but across his entire 19 game collegian career, he was less productive than Braylon in either his 12 game junior or senior years.

Part of this is because while Michigan fed the ball to Braylon as their #1 option, and Metcalf was the second option X while the ball got fed to AJ Brown. Metcalf was their option for big plays, but AJ was more consistent with catching.

I use the Edwards comparison a bit, because Metcalf can occasionally drop rhythm/concentration catches that are well placed, but also make some incredible catches with his huge catch radius. Not quite as extreme as Edwards was by the end of his career, though.

Overall, he has insane physical gifts, and looks to be a true X, but his inconsistency could rear it's ugly head.
    Kind of a bummer that a dude that strong and fast doesn't always get separation.

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• whatdoyouwant711
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    Oh God, the Titans are seriously after AB.

Really don't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole. Though I get the temptation, imagining him and Corey Davis in the same backfield.
    Theres like 5 other teams with legit cap room that would also immediately have the best WR duo in the league upon trading for AB- DAL, GB, IND, HOU, for sure, probably SEA as well. Kinda hope he ends up in one of those spots (Green Bay in a sadistic sort of way)

Leave a comment:

• whatdoyouwant711
    replied
    Rumor is Arizona is 50-50 on taking Murray 1st. What do they do with Rosen?
    Presumably trade, but its hard to come up with a destination other than Washington (assuming JAX gets Foles, NYG keeps Eli, CIN keeps Dalton, MIA tanks for Tua). Is Snyder gonna give up a first rounder negotiating against himself? Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    Is it bad that AB's new hairstyle and bleached mustache makes me think he's lost his mind more than when he threw the sofa off the balcony?

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    Oh God, the Titans are seriously after AB.

Really don't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole. Though I get the temptation, imagining him and Corey Davis in the same backfield.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    DK has monstrous tangibles, of course, but despite that, he struggles to make separation some of the time. He does run some crisp route, though, and is a hand fighter.

Physically, he's an inch taller, 15lbs heavier, and 0.03 seconds faster than Braylon Edwards was, but across his entire 19 game collegian career, he was less productive than Braylon in either his 12 game junior or senior years.

Part of this is because while Michigan fed the ball to Braylon as their #1 option, and Metcalf was the second option X while the ball got fed to AJ Brown. Metcalf was their option for big plays, but AJ was more consistent with catching.

I use the Edwards comparison a bit, because Metcalf can occasionally drop rhythm/concentration catches that are well placed, but also make some incredible catches with his huge catch radius. Not quite as extreme as Edwards was by the end of his career, though.

Overall, he has insane physical gifts, and looks to be a true X, but his inconsistency could rear it's ugly head.

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied
    Rumor is Arizona is 50-50 on taking Murray 1st. What do they do with Rosen?
    Trade is likely. Probably to a team that doesn't feel it can move up past Jacksonville and the Giants. So, Washington?

You're an SEC guy, what's the scoop on D.K. Metcalf? Those measurables are monstrous.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

Working...
X