Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile our Kirksey remains on the tag. Not feeling optimistic about a deal.
    ~

Comment

• Browns just traded Demario Davis back to the Jets for Calvin Pryor.

He's not good in coverage, but he's still an upgrade to what we had at FS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
        Browns just traded Demario Davis back to the Jets for Calvin Pryor.

He's not good in coverage, but he's still an upgrade to what we had at FS.
        This is a very blah trade for both teams.

Calvin Pryor blows in coverage and is somehow overrated as a tackler.

Demario Davis was an ok LB from what I remember.

Adam Schefter was saying that the Jets planned on releasing Pryor if no team would trade for him.
        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Yeah. I think it's basically a wash as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
            I'm eager to see how football's ratings will do this year. Last year, people blamed the election and the Kaepernick nonsense, but Kaep was a non issue after the first quarter of the season. Honestly, the product on the field just wasn't very good until the second half of the year. I watched more college than pro last year as it was simply more entertaining. The commercials were obnoxious as well, and that issue was way worse with most kickoffs not mattering anymore. So you get commercials, a touchback, and more commercials. And it's the same. Damn. Commercials. Every time. That process is grating. Hopefully they take the steps to fix that. Oversaturation is an issue, too; Thursday night games aside from Thanksgiving need to be cut entirely. We could lose the fourth week of preseason as well.

As far as any disciplinary stuff goes, let's be honest. No one cares if the guys can play. Some of the rookies coming in this year with character issues, do you think anyone will care if these guys ball out?
            Just cutting Thursday Night Football would pretty much solve the oversaturation problem, IMO. No need to ditch Thanksgiving, but those games feel a lot less special now when there's a Thursday game every week. I think the loosening of the celebration rules will help some too.

The election and Kaepernick were just talking points for conservative ****heads looking for an excuse to bash ESPN. I don't think they had any noticeable effect on viewership whatsoever. And I don't think the domestic violence stuff really mattered either, unfortunately. I think it's just simply that fewer people can afford or are willing to pay for cable. I know I only watch NFL when I go to a bar or Skype with my dad.
            Originally posted by jepg
            I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
            Blue is right

Comment

• Pitta likely to retire after dislocating his hip. I hate to see him go out like this, but I did want to move on from him before the season began (ideally under better circumstances). He wasn't playing up to his numbers, and with the many young TEs on the roster, I was hoping someone like Crockett Gillmore, Maxx Williams, Nick Boyle, or Darren Waller would get those snaps. I think Flacco relied on him too much as a check-down target. At least when Flacco used to always check-down to Ray Rice he would get YAC; the same could not be said of Pitta.

Tavon Young tearing his ACL was a much larger issue. I guess Marlon Humphrey will probably start out in the slot, which isn't a terrible fit despite his inexperience there. Although he won't get to press and use the sideline as a defender, he won't have his problem with deep balls exposed as much playing in the slot, he's a good tackler, and he looked good playing in space.

Comment

• Jeremy Maclin cut by the Chiefs.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Maclin is an interesting cut. Obviously because Smith wasn't going to throw deep to him, but where does he go now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                    Maclin is an interesting cut. Obviously because Smith wasn't going to throw deep to him, but where does he go now?
                    Alex Smith not throwing to him deep A) was apparently not an issue when they signed Maclin, and B) not the reason Maclin went from nearly 1100 yards and 8 TDs to 500 yards and 2 TDs in his two-year Kansas City jaunt. Weird timing and frankly kind of ****ty to do to Maclin if it was a cap move.
                    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                    Blue is right

Comment

• Smith is understandably upset with the move, but I'm surprised they released Maclin with Mahomes on the bench. Sure, they might say Smith is still their #1, but that won't last forever.

Comment

• The Chiefs needed to do it for cap reasons, per the K.C. Star.

But given they knew all about that going into the draft, they might have done more than a 4th round pick on WR Jehu Chesson.
                        ~

Comment

• Maclin blows. Super overrated WR
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• So the Jets cut David Harris and told Eric Decker if he isn't traded by the end of the week he will be cut.

I was a big fan of both guys and I wish them both the best.

Now get me my 2-14 and #1 pick in the 2018 draft.
                            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Who is the Jets' biggest competition for the #1 pick? Rams? 49ers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terps View Post
                                Who is the Jets' biggest competition for the #1 pick? Rams? 49ers?
                                Them and the Bears, Browns, Jags, or a wild card. QB injury could derail just about anyone.

I have to think the 49ers are the favorite.

Comment

Working...
                                X