Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Daniel View Post

    Meanwhile the Titans give up on A+ $12 million a year free agent cornerback Malcolm Butler to practically not address the biggest defensive needs, which coincidentally are also the strongest position groups in the draft.
    You guys can probably get out of that Butler contract next year though, right? I bet thats already the plan. I mean I only watched a couple Titans games but he was absolutely atrocious in the ones I did.

    Whereas, no team is gonna draft replacements for second rounders that quickly when you absolutely need those cheap starting years, unless they just cant play at an NFL level, embarrassing themselves in practice and whatnot. C-Will and Chido arent great or anything yet but they can both play.
    CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

    Comment


    • Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

      You guys can probably get out of that Butler contract next year though, right? I bet thats already the plan. I mean I only watched a couple Titans games but he was absolutely atrocious in the ones I did.

      Whereas, no team is gonna draft replacements for second rounders that quickly when you absolutely need those cheap starting years, unless they just cant play at an NFL level, embarrassing themselves in practice and whatnot. C-Will and Chido arent great or anything yet but they can both play.
      I thoiught Chido was pretty solid this year. No?
      Flinchy McTapQwik

      Lol

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

        I thoiught Chido was pretty solid this year. No?
        I mean, if you go off metrics, no, he was bad. Teams picked on him downfield and had success. He probably gave up one of the highest passer ratings in football.

        By the eye test, though, he was in good position on all of those plays, and only got beat on some *ridiculous* throws and catches. He has all the makings of a very good CB (size, ball skills, swagger, gives a **** about tackling)
        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

        Comment


        • When the Browns sign Kareem Hunt

          tenor.gif?itemid=4540931.gif

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
            When the Browns sign Kareem Hunt

            tenor.gif?itemid=4540931.gif
            Good to hear from ya! Your team is actually trending upward.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • AB officially requests trade. I'm ready to move on from the "killer Bs" era. So much talent, so little success, so much locker room drama. This season will be telling to see how much Tomlin has lost the locker room. They have already kept the same terrible assistants. Just waiting for the rebuild at this point. Gotta wait for Ben to finish Favre-ing it up first.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                AB officially requests trade. I'm ready to move on from the "killer Bs" era. So much talent, so little success, so much locker room drama. This season will be telling to see how much Tomlin has lost the locker room. They have already kept the same terrible assistants. Just waiting for the rebuild at this point. Gotta wait for Ben to finish Favre-ing it up first.
                That's about how I see it, and have for a while. The locker room is a mess. Too much drama, too many me first guys, not enough team. The problem starts with Tomlin and goes down to Ben, Bell, and Brown.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

                Lol

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                  When the Browns sign Kareem Hunt

                  tenor.gif?itemid=4540931.gif
                  What's up JAS?
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

                  Lol

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                    That's about how I see it, and have for a while. The locker room is a mess. Too much drama, too many me first guys, not enough team. The problem starts with Tomlin and goes down to Ben, Bell, and Brown.
                    Yeah. It's weird comparing the Tomlin of 2007/08 to today. He ran some of the toughest camps, to the point the veterans had to tell him to ease off. He policed stuff a lot more. Now though, it's a country club. He simply let players get away with far too much. It's like he got so comfortable with a room full of vets that when it came to shepherding young players, he forgot how. Or maybe just didn't know. His actual coaching got worse too. He used to be more sensible with aggressive playcalling but now seems to do it at random. Time management wasn't a huge issue with him, and now it's one of his greatest weaknesses. He used to have extremely good coordinators, but now it's his old boys club. I guess overall, he just got too comfortable.

                    The roster doesn't really have enough vocal leaders, either. No one took the reigns after guys like Farrior and Kiesel left, so that leaves Ben and his "leadership". Cam tries and seems like a genuinely good guy, but is a generic statement machine. Sadly the OL doesn't speak out and control things more, probably don't want to step on toes. Which is too bad because DeCastro and big Al could absolutely do it. Someone has to tell Ben to shut up and play.

                    Want some laughs? Look up "Days of our Steelers" on YouTube. Sums up my thoughts perfectly.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • So...Flacco is a Bronco.
                      ~

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                        So...Flacco is a Bronco.
                        ~
                        Crazy, right? Likely a stopgap.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • I kind of thought Tannehill would be the first QB domino. Are the Broncos in a position to compete with Flacco though?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                            So...Flacco is a Bronco.
                            ~
                            I honestly thought he'd be a Jag.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

                            Lol

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                              I kind of thought Tannehill would be the first QB domino. Are the Broncos in a position to compete with Flacco though?
                              Isn't Tannehill pretty bad, though? Were do you think he lands?
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

                              Lol

                              Comment


                              • Honestly neither Flacco nor Tannehill are anything more than stopgaps. Denver will probably need a rookie and some more protection.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X