No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kraft was adding a prostitution ring to his collection of Super Bowl rings.

Brady kisses Kraft on the mouth, confirming that he's the most expensive prostitute Kraft has hired so far.

Kraft was making sure those sex trafficking victims had NO DAYS OFF.

There's a million jokes here, but honestly the fact that a multi-billionaire went to some sleazy illegal prostithot place makes me think he was looking for something illegal, like an underaged foreign kid. Dude could hire the hottest, most expensive professional slut a thousand times over, and while frugality is a virtue, skimping out to rent a frequently used and abused sex worker who has probably had a dozen or so STIs makes me wonder.

Comment

• Not NFL related, but hooray for the NHL trade deadline! I was hoping the Wings would manage a 1st for Nyquist though. Maybe somebody will take Jimmy Howard for a rental as well. I think Howard is better than his numbers suggest due to bad defense in front of him.

Oh, and if I start hating on the Browns in the future it is almost assuredly because I'm jealous. Though I totally down with a Browns vs Lions Super Bowl. It'd be great to have these teams have a long drought ended by playing each other.

Apparently Glover Quin asked to be released by the Lions last year because he was confident they'd be replacing him after this season and were going to have him around mostly for helping to train Tracy Walker and as a stop gap. Kudos to him for sticking it out and not complaining when they said no.

Edit: Quin was released around Valentine's Day BTW. I also spelled his name wrong.
      Last edited by kirmie; 02-25-2019, 01:13 PM.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Browns apparently signed Robinson to another 1 year deal, and I really like that. Dude is flawed, but he was part of a unit that kept Baker exceptionally clean the second half of the season.

Originally posted by kirmie View Post
        Oh, and if I start hating on the Browns in the future it is almost assuredly because I'm jealous. Though I totally down with a Browns vs Lions Super Bowl. It'd be great to have these teams have a long drought ended by playing each other.
        It's okay man. I'm still hoping for Browns v Lions Super Bowl soon, despite how unlikely it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
          Kraft was adding a prostitution ring to his collection of Super Bowl rings.

Brady kisses Kraft on the mouth, confirming that he's the most expensive prostitute Kraft has hired so far.

Kraft was making sure those sex trafficking victims had NO DAYS OFF.

There's a million jokes here, but honestly the fact that a multi-billionaire went to some sleazy illegal prostithot place makes me think he was looking for something illegal, like an underaged foreign kid. Dude could hire the hottest, most expensive professional slut a thousand times over, and while frugality is a virtue, skimping out to rent a frequently used and abused sex worker who has probably had a dozen or so STIs makes me wonder.
          Many sex workers are treated very well. Or, so I hear.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Browns apparently signed Robinson to another 1 year deal, and I really like that. Dude is flawed, but he was part of a unit that kept Baker exceptionally clean the second half of the season.

It's okay man. I'm still hoping for Browns v Lions Super Bowl soon, despite how unlikely it is.
            The Lions have had a supposed franchise qb for ages and still suck. It's kind of amazing really.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• It's almost that time, yall.

Anyone got predictions on athletic freaks, or high end prospects that will fall?

Personally, I'm thinking the Clemson DEs are gonna be slow, and Bama will disappoint in measurables, as is often the case. Glad to see Deebo Samuel getting the hype he deserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                It's almost that time, yall.

Anyone got predictions on athletic freaks, or high end prospects that will fall?

Personally, I'm thinking the Clemson DEs are gonna be slow, and Bama will disappoint in measurables, as is often the case. Glad to see Deebo Samuel getting the hype he deserves.
                I got nothing. Having a hard time getting invested this year with Dallas not having their first.

I wish Blue were still here to watch my team sign Tyler Eifert and draft Jerry Tillery to go with Martin and Jaylon though.
                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

I got nothing. Having a hard time getting invested this year with Dallas not having their first.

I wish Blue were still here to watch my team sign Tyler Eifert and draft Jerry Tillery to go with Martin and Jaylon though.
                  I had a few years of that, after RGIII. Oyy.
                  ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

I had a few years of that, after RGIII. Oyy.
                    ~
                    Yeah if we had a higher 2nd I might at least try to care but anything past 50 and it's just a futile effort

I'll probably get caught up with mocks and stuff and have some last second takes a few days before
                    CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• The Browns signed Greg Robinson to a 1 year contract. I wouldn't even post this as news but they gave him a base salary of 7 ****ing million with up to $2M in incentives. It's even more interesting that some fans consider this a good thing. The only good thing is that I think there aren't guarantees so the Browns can cut his lazy butt once they get a real LT. I'm pretty darn confident that he is the worst OL starter in Cleveland.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                        The Browns signed Greg Robinson to a 1 year contract. I wouldn't even post this as news but they gave him a base salary of 7 ****ing million with up to $2M in incentives. It's even more interesting that some fans consider this a good thing. The only good thing is that I think there aren't guarantees so the Browns can cut his lazy butt once they get a real LT. I'm pretty darn confident that he is the worst OL starter in Cleveland.

We don't hate it because we're basing it on how he performed last season, and not by his performance with the Rams and Lions. He's getting paid like the 18th highest LT for one year if he makes all the incentives, or just under league average for a starting LT.

After he came in last year he allowed zero sacks and was called for 6 holds across 9 games. The holds aren't ideal, but I'd rather take a hold than let Baker take additional hits.

Comment

We don't hate it because we're basing it on how he performed last season, and not by his performance with the Rams and Lions. He's getting paid like the 18th highest LT for one year if he makes all the incentives, or just under league average for a starting LT.

After he came in last year he allowed zero sacks and was called for 6 holds across 9 games. The holds aren't ideal, but I'd rather take a hold than let Baker take additional hits.
                          How's the Browns' cap situation?

Comment

It's still massive, but under $100M now I think. Probably around $80M. I just don't like over paying a guy like Robinson because he is still below average at best. He had his best year by far last year and still ranked 63 of all qualifying OTs with a score of 59.6. His score was career a worst in the 30s for the Lions so I have a bit of a bias to him being toward the terrible side. He also seems to be streaky. Like he'll go a few games looking like he may be good, but then falls apart. Not sure if that has more to do with the type of defense/particular defender or something else. I think it's all mental for him though so if he did actually get his stuff together he could be OK. I'll never trust him because of things like when the Vikings called him lazy and literally nobody on the Lions defended him.

Comment

With this signing we have $79M this year left, so a ton of space.

Plus, this is only a 1 year signing. Giving him the chance to prove that last year's zero sacks allowed wasn't a fluke, and that he's figured it out.

Comment

• If there's that much space, I don't see an issue, especially with a one year. He won't be preventing them from taking a better option in the draft, and he has every motivation to keep playing well since he'll be renegotiating next year anyway.
                                Plus, I'm always of the opinion that you bandaid as much as you can in free agency so you can stick closer to BPA in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X