No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flacco could miss 3-6 weeks of training camp/preseason. Baltimore is getting as bad as the Chargers at this point.
    sigpic

Comment

• Speaking of the Chargers, they traded for Cardale Jones. Guess they weren't happy with their backup situation.

Comment

• Jordan Reed starts the preseason on the PUP list: sprained toe.
        ~

Comment

• Titans sign Erik Walden. Now the pass rush consists of Orakpo (10.5 sacks last year), Morgan (9), Walden (11), and Kevin Dodd in his sophomore season.

I am excite.

Comment

• Steelers resign Villanueva to a 4 year contract for $24 million. Bell no-showed, as expected.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
              Titans sign Erik Walden. Now the pass rush consists of Orakpo (10.5 sacks last year), Morgan (9), Walden (11), and Kevin Dodd in his sophomore season.

I am excite.
              How did Spain look last year?
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

How did Spain look last year?
                Spain was great last year. Well, above average at least. By far his best season, so I'm cautious about expectations for him this season. I'm expecting Oline play to be a little worse.

Comment

Spain was great last year. Well, above average at least. By far his best season, so I'm cautious about expectations for him this season. I'm expecting Oline play to be a little worse.
                  Why worse? I'd think it would get better with the group having more time together (believe it was Jones first year on the team), and the young guys getting more experience.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• https://twitter.com/SteveKandell/sta...48424654954496

Comment

Why worse? I'd think it would get better with the group having more time together (believe it was Jones first year on the team), and the young guys getting more experience.
                      Worse because three of the five starters had career years that I don't expect them to be able to replicate. Lewan was a little up and down his first two years, but I expect him to stay level-headed. Conklin I think will regress a tad. No one should be that good as a rookie, so I'm presuming that he's a great player, but starting that hot is more of a fluke. Spain was the weak link on the line until last season.
                      Guys that have career seasons rarely follow those up with even better seasons. They usually regress a bit, especially if their history as a player is way worse than the season they just had.

Not saying the line will be bad. I expect Oline play to still be very good, just not top-of-the-league-minus-the-Cowboys good.

Comment

• Part of why Lewan was up and down while Conklin was remarkable as a rook is because they often slid the blocking over to Conklin's side. I know **** all about Spain though. Pride vitamins and horse meat maybe?
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Part of why Lewan was up and down while Conklin was remarkable as a rook is because they often slid the blocking over to Conklin's side. I know **** all about Spain though. Pride vitamins and horse meat maybe?
                          Certainly possible. Playing RT is easier than LT too. I'm just saying that when a player plays way better than they ever have before, I'm hesitant to assume that they'll stay at that level, which is why I'm expecting Oline play to decline a bit.

Incidentally, Tretola was released today. Really glad they snagged Levin as a backup guard. I'm curious if this says anything about Tajae Sharpe's future.

Comment

Certainly possible. Playing RT is easier than LT too. I'm just saying that when a player plays way better than they ever have before, I'm hesitant to assume that they'll stay at that level, which is why I'm expecting Oline play to decline a bit.

Incidentally, Tretola was released today. Really glad they snagged Levin as a backup guard. I'm curious if this says anything about Tajae Sharpe's future.
                            I don't understand.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I don't understand.
                              He and Tretola were sued after they allegedly beat a guy's ass at a bar.

Comment

He and Tretola were sued after they allegedly beat a guy's ass at a bar.
                                That's right. I forgot about Sharpe being apart of that.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X