No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I unhappily find myself starting to like Jameis Winston.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Kendall Fuller has locked up the nickel cornerback role. It also looks like the four down linemen in nickel will start with Jon Allen, Matt Ioannidis, Preston Smith and Ryan Kerrigan. There will be plenty of changes and rotations among that group though.
      Ioannidis looked like he was on the bubble of even making the team at the end of last year, but he's had a good camp.
      ~

Comment

• Am an Ionnidis fan. Power player with a high motor.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Man, the Jets had a good to really good draft, and they still need a ton more talent. Even if things go right for most of their picks, they still have to draft:

- QB. There are a lot of guys that will be talked about this season, so they shouldn't have a problem finding a guy with more promise than Petty or Hackenberg.

- The two best O-linemen they can find. If Beachum is back, he's every bit as good a LT as Bakhtiari and they just gave Winters a big contract. Price and Ragnow (G and C respectively) are my guys and who I'll push on at least half the teams in the league throughout the season. But Nelson has potential, I haven't scouted that monster in Washington, the UCLA C supposedly has some position flex ability, and there is always a T or three that can either be kicked inside (with the right coaching/scheme) or be flipped from L and be solid at RT.

- Can they land a power back to pair with McGuire in the 4th or later? Would help out the rookie 1st rd QB a lot.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• And we finally scored a TD. Against GB's 2nd string. (Unless it's their 3rd string.)
            ~

Comment

• So...anyone gonna do anything about the spam filled forums??? No? Okay...

(crickets chirping)

We may need a Viking funeral for this thing. Light the fire with Gong's booze stash. It may catch Lake Erie on fire (again).
              sigpic

Comment

• Apparently the Lions picked up Worrilow for $3M per year to play 2nd string. I'm pretty sure he is behind Jarrad Davis, Tahir Whitehead, and Antwione Williams. Though if Davis moves from MLB or gets hurt I think Worrilow would be put at MLB before either of the others.

If you read the writeups on the preseason games and saw the stuff about the announcers for the Lions, that guest that Walt mentions as saying "you can actually hear the ref announce penalties now" was none other than Lions President Rod Wood. You know you had a bad setup if your president is poking fun at his own stuff. I've got no complaints about Wood though. He's only been there as long as Bob Quinn and the Lions have been upgrading a lot of things and he seems to stay out of the football side of things.

Also, it looks like Anquan Boldin retired to do humanitarian work.
                Last edited by kirmie; 08-21-2017, 12:00 PM.
                http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                  Apparently the Lions picked up Worrilow for $3M per year to play 2nd string. I'm pretty sure he is behind Jarrad Davis, Tahir Whitehead, and Antwione Williams. Though if Davis moves from MLB or gets hurt I think Worrilow would be put at MLB before either of the others.

If you read the writeups on the preseason games and saw the stuff about the announcers for the Lions, that guest that Walt mentions as saying "you can actually hear the ref announce penalties now" was none other than Lions President Rod Wood. You know you had a bad setup if your president is poking fun at his own stuff. I've got no complaints about Wood though. He's only been there as long as Bob Quinn and the Lions have been upgrading a lot of things and he seems to stay out of the football side of things.

Also, it looks like Anquan Boldin retired to do humanitarian work.
                  But when is Taylor Decker expected back, and how has Glasgow looked?
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                    So...anyone gonna do anything about the spam filled forums??? No? Okay...

(crickets chirping)

We may need a Viking funeral for this thing. Light the fire with Gong's booze stash. It may catch Lake Erie on fire (again).
                    It's sad to come back once in awhile and see it just slowly fading into nothingness. Walt really let the forums die. Adding the comments section was the beginning of the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post

It's sad to come back once in awhile and see it just slowly fading into nothingness. Walt really let the forums die. Adding the comments section was the beginning of the end.
                      Those comment sections are just as bad as Walt's emails, facebook, etc. Which I get Walt loves to mine that stuff for material, but it's nothing I particularly want to get involved with.

Boldin was still somewhat productive. Guess he didn't want to contribute to the Bills' tank job.
                      Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 08-21-2017, 10:17 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• It'd be nice if WF could just ditch the spammers. Maybe making it a bit more challenging to become a common-tater would help?

In Redskins news, center Spencer Long just had a knee scoped (recovery estimate: 2-3 weeks). In the meantime, that makes 2017 6th rounder Chase Roullier our only center.

Walter gave us a C+ for that pick, but allegedly he's doing well. We're gonna find out...
                        ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

But when is Taylor Decker expected back, and how has Glasgow looked?
                          Decker was out of a sling by late July, which I assume is good new for the chances of him getting to play sooner than later, but I have no idea what the normal timetable is for that. Glassgow and Dahl haven't been all that great so far from everything I've heard. I've been in the middle of a move so I've only gotten to do a quick run through on the preseason games. Tomlinson has been gimpy, so he keeps falling down the chart. Greg Robinson has looked "not bad" except for that people have been noticing he is still slow to start on the snap at times which has caused some issues.

Comment

• Albert Breer‏ @AlbertBreer 47m47 minutes ago

Jaguars announce Chad Henne will start at QB tomorrow night. Could be the end of the line for Blake Bortles in Jacksonville.
                            ------
                            ~

Comment

• ESPN did a "NFL Stars who Played HS Football in Texas" segment. 10 players shown including Adrian Peterson and Andy Dalton, but no Stafford. Which is odd. Doubly so when you consider Stafford is younger than both, had a winning record, and is likely to be the highest paid player in the NFL soon.

Also, the Yankees at Tigers game today may have been a better fight than McGregor vs Mayweather will be. Sheesh.

Comment

• Tight end Jordan Reed and outside linebacker Junior Galette are game-time decisions tomorrow afternoon. I say they both play.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X