2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
    Former Brown Phil Taylor missed the last two seasons with consecutive knee injuries, but he'd won our starting NT job this preseason.

Sad for him. Redskins lose nose tackle Phil Taylor for season due to a quadriceps tear
    ~
    No idea why y'all didn't offer a 3rd for Ragland. It's not like you don't need the help, and a hammer at ILB would make a difference against Dallas for the next decade.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• After seven seasons, the Cleveland Browns have released Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden.
      ~

Comment

• Was a good dude. Sucked since injuries. Plus salary. Classic overpaid below average player getting cut
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
        I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

No idea why y'all didn't offer a 3rd for Ragland. It's not like you don't need the help, and a hammer at ILB would make a difference against Dallas for the next decade.
          I would have been surprised if they had. It's apparent from drafting that the org. doesn't value ILB highly.

We finally have someone who can cover for the first time in years in Zach Brown. Mason Foster will start as the run-stuffer guy.
          ~

Comment

• Cutting Joe Haden hurts emotionally. He finally got his groin surgically repaired, but was struggling to stay ahead of Jamar Taylor and BBC. Plus, his $14M pricetag was way overpaying. Logically, it makes sense, though I'm not happy about it.

Sushi getting a 5th for Cam Erving though? Steal of the century, GM of the year level voodoo black magic. I have no clue how he managed that.

Comment

• Haden sucks now. How they managed to get anything for Erving is beyond me.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I still remember the 2010 draft when there were many pundits who thought Kyle Wilson was a steal and would be better than Joe Haden. Sigh. Haden will always be a bat-man to me.
                WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Pittsburgh must think it's 2014, giving Joe 3 years for 27 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                    Pittsburgh must think it's 2014, giving Joe 3 years for 27 million.
                    I guess they might as well go all in while Roethlisberger is still QBing.
                    ~

Comment

• If he can play like pre-injury Haden, great. The Steelers are usually stingy with guaranteed money, so I'm not too worried there. They needed something though. Cockrell has a bad case of the yips for some reason, and the rookies aren't ready to go yet. Willie Gay is likely done, and Sensabaugh is just a guy.

Also, Bell now apparently wants $17 million per year. See ya later. Waaaaaay too much for an RB.
                      Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 08-30-2017, 07:02 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I was hoping he could be 80% of pre-injury Haden, but his coverage was downright awful this preseason. He was struggling to keep up with WRs. I didn't want to say anything about it because he's one of my favorite players, but the truth is he was still struggling hard.

Comment

I was hoping he could be 80% of pre-injury Haden, but his coverage was downright awful this preseason. He was struggling to keep up with WRs. I didn't want to say anything about it because he's one of my favorite players, but the truth is he was still struggling hard.
                          Sounds like our vets. My expectations are low, but I'm hoping he's at least an upgrade. At least until Cam Sutton gets his reps in. His injury making him miss training camp hurt, as Cockrell, Gay, and Sensabaugh all sucked. At least Artie looks good. He's been successfully shadowing AB all training camp.
                          sigpic

Comment

Pittsburgh must think it's 2014, giving Joe 3 years for 27 million.
                            I can't laugh enough. Was actually saying earlier today that Haden is so bad now he could be a Steelers corner, and if the past few years have taught us anything it's that the Steelers pro scouting department sucks.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I liked him too. But he sucks now. Steelers will cut him most likely when he gets torched every play in practice and games. Injuries took their toll on him. Not a big enough hitter/tackler to convert to safety either. Maybe he can aging vet coach up the young guys now. who knows? I don't expect him to be on a roster come actual game time, but we will see. Guessing that is a one year limited guaranteed money. says 3, for fun and agent talking points only. and if cut before the season or week 3, then voided all guarantees. something like that would be my guess
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                              I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Finally got to watch the Lions last preseason game last night. Holy crap NE made the defense look terrible.

The Lions look like they've traded Laken Tomlinson for a 2019 5th. Which is as many years away as when Laken was drafted.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Seems like we know why now. Damn.
                                Yes sir, that's a boatload of money. Though it's funny that I've seen some places call it a bad decision, others the obvious decision while still being an overpay, and a few national pundits that said it was a hometown discount. People are all over the board on this thing.
                                http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Working...
                                X