2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We did it!

We traded Derek Carrier (a not-terrible backup T.E.) for a ***drum roll please*** 2018 7th round pick.
    ~

Comment

• I feel so bad for Josh Allen. His WRs are garbo and keep dropping passes.

He looks legit though.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• I like the Ben Roethlisberger comparisons.
        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
          I feel so bad for Josh Allen. His WRs are garbo and keep dropping passes.

He looks legit though.
          I've got Maryland - Texas. GO TERPS!

P.S. Big bomb for MD!
          ~

Comment

• Just noticed the Lions cut 2016 5th round LB Antwione Williams. Thought he was a lock. He'll, I thought he was going to be the 3rd LB over Worrilow with Davis at MLB.
            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
              LOLOLOLOL The Browns traded Pittsburgh back their own 6th round pick (Gilbert trade) for Sammie Coates and a 7th round pick. Sheeeeeeeit. I liked Coates before his hands turned to buttery stone, but maybe Pep and Hue can get something out of him. I'm just surprised.
              Sammie was one of the few receivers that the Steelers couldn't coach up. A bummer. He's got size and speed, but had catching issues even before his fingers were mangled. He's still a raw route runner, too. They also traded Cockrell to the Giants for a conditional pick. Guy had a dreadful camp and preseason.

Only really noteworthy cut was Senquez Golson, who never played a down due to injuries. Not even in preseason. I had high hopes, but his career never materialized.
              sigpic

Comment

• Browns look like they're going to straight up take Austin Carr off the waiver, which is nice. He looked alright for the Patriots, so hopefully we can keep some of that magic.

Also, Brock Osweiler is going back to the Broncos for veteran minimum lololoololololololol I mean, we're paying his salary, so I figured he'd get vet minimum somewhere, but back to Denver? LOL

Comment

• So, Liberty beat Baylor. Rough times in Waco. Then Maryland beats Texas.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

You and me both, pal. Mostly because his job is going to Kellen "Frequently mistaken for a ballboy/intern" Moore
                    Scrub update: I can't complain. At all. We kept 9 of our 10 draft picks, including 7th rounders Josh Harvey-Clemons (230th overall) and Josh Holsey (235th overall).

The only one who didn't make it was 6th round WR Robert Davis. He actually showed some promise in camp and they'll probably try to put him on the practice squad.
                    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Scrub update: I can't complain. At all. We kept 9 of our 10 draft picks, including 7th rounders Josh Harvey-Clemons (230th overall) and Josh Holsey (235th overall).

The only one who didn't make it was 6th round WR Robert Davis. He actually showed some promise in camp and they'll probably try to put him on the practice squad.
                      ~
                      We cut the immortal Kellen, but beat writers are saying it's a procedural move to get TE/PF Rico Gathers to IR, then bring Moore back. Can only IR-return someone if he made the initial 53 man roster.

We cut three of our draft picks, but our 7th round DTs (Jordan Carrell and Joey Ivie) are pretty meh at best, I imagine one of them will get to the PS and if not there's surely comparable players out there. Both were outplayed in the preseason by UDFA Lewis Neal, who I definitely hope can get to the PS.

Only guy I'm concerned about losing is 6th round CB Marquez White. But at least we have Bene "Julio Jones Jr." Benwikere now. The Giants' WRs are surely chilled to the bones with terror.
                      CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• In other news...

The Redskins will be without safety Su'a Cravens for at least four weeks.

The team has put their second-year safety, who recently contemplated retirement, on the non-football exempt list. That list requires a player to miss at least four games before he can be reinstated.
                        ~

Comment

• Steelers traded for JJ Wilcox. I can't remember the Steelers being this active before.
                          sigpic

Comment

• FSU QB out for the season with a patellar something or other.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

"Sneak" lol. I'll fall off my dinosaur if another teams signs him.
                              Ouch! I'm going to have to get a shorter dinosaur.

Sudfeld is now on the Eagles practice squad. I bet they're more interested in his playbook info than his QB potential.
                              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                                Just noticed the Lions cut 2016 5th round LB Antwione Williams. Thought he was a lock. Hell, I thought he was going to be the 3rd LB over Worrilow with Davis at MLB.
                                In crazier news, Thurston Armbrister made the PS over Williams. He was easily ahead of Armbrister last year. I'm confused unless a story comes out about him doing something stupid.
                                http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

Working...
                                X