No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately, I don't follow the ins and outs of college football that closely, mostly because I don't know how. But it appears Scott Frost, 2nd year HC at UCF, is in high demand. Word is he is a frontrunner for the soon-to-be-open Nebraska job and is high on the list for the newly available Florida job. Tennessee is on the outside looking in.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Connor Williams expected to return to the field for Texas in the next couple of weeks.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Here's a weird stat: Lions starting RB Ameer Abdullah has 0 rushes on 3rd down. 3 other running backs have at least 3 attempts and Stafford has 6.
        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
          Here's a weird stat: Lions starting RB Ameer Abdullah has 0 rushes on 3rd down. 3 other running backs have at least 3 attempts and Stafford has 6.
          Huh. He seems like the prototypical 3rd and long hand it off on a draw guy.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Annnnnnnnnnnd Luck to IR.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
              Annnnnnnnnnnd Luck to IR.
              Maybe DeShaun Watson too. Looks like he had a non-contact injury in practice. That should make for a thrilling Colts at Texans on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Maybe DeShaun Watson too. Looks like he had a non-contact injury in practice. That should make for a thrilling Colts at Texans on Sunday.
                Yep, out for the season with a torn ACL.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Yep, out for the season with a torn ACL.
                  Welp, good bye Houston. The Jags could take that division. The Jags. Tom Coughlin makes a difference, right Giants? Also, the Colts should be forced to release Luck based on principle. How could they screw this up this badly?

Meanwhile, the NFL really needs to look at these non contact injuries (among like a zillion other things). This is absurd. Fun fact about the inner workings of the Shield: there are apparently owners that are beginning to grow weary of Goodell, with the meddlesome but influential Jerruh leading that charge. We'll see.

More fun news: There is talk that Darnold may stay another year to avoid certain teams picking at the top of the draft. I can only imagine who that team could be. All jokes aside: it's for the best, as he's kinda stunk this year.
                  Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 11-02-2017, 05:43 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• That sucks for the Texans

Comment

• Wow. Just realized the top 3 QBs in my fantasy league are Carson Wentz, Alex Smith, and Deshaun Watson. Don't think I would have correctly guessed a single one of them being anywhere near that high.

Comment

• Watching a game from '78. I think I just saw earl Campbell cave in the chest of a Miami Dolphin. ****ing ouch.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Btw, allllll the way back in '78 they were talking about the "modern" TE who could attack a defense deep.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Btw, allllll the way back in '78 they were talking about the "modern" TE who could attack a defense deep.
                            A year before Kellen Winslow, too.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

A year before Kellen Winslow, too.
                              Yep. What's old is new again.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Basketball question: is Eric Bledsoe any good? I'm confused as to how he helps the Bucks. I know they need more talent, but with Middleton and especially Brogdon at guard, I'm not seeing his fit unless it's as a combo guard off the bench.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X