No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a good pickup for Michigan. Better than O'Korn anyways.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
      That's a good pickup for Michigan. Better than O'Korn anyways.
      Bigtime pickup. Was more than solid at Ole Miss, and now he gets a great coach to help improve that. And, as you said, certainly better than what was already was on the roster. Kid has a gun.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Question for Pittsburgh followers: Should I put Juju in almost all of my lineups?

Walter has him priced at just $3,850, which seems low given the likely shootout coming and also that Belichick will probably try to limit Brown by using a CB and a safety.
        ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
          Question for Pittsburgh followers: Should I put Juju in almost all of my lineups?

Walter has him priced at just $3,850, which seems low given the likely shootout coming and also that Belichick will probably try to limit Brown by using a CB and a safety.
          ~
          I don't follow the Steelers anymore or play FF ever, but I would start any Pitt player against NE.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I don't follow the Steelers anymore or play FF ever, but I would start any Pitt player against NE.
            I was following that idea, but now...damn.

JuJu Smith-Schuster (hamstring) was added to the injury report...
            ~

Comment

I was following that idea, but now...damn.

~
              I meant wouldn't. Would Not.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I meant wouldn't. Would Not.
                Got it. I do have a Roethlisberger stack as one of my five lineups. I know there is the history. But also there is the fact that the Patriots pass D is turrble. I have a Brady stack, too.

I wish one of you guys also did the WF fantasy football thing. It's pretty entertaining (especially when your real team is already daid. And it's free!

I got a $75 dollar prize for 2nd place last year, and $150 for a 1st this year (SO FAR....).
                ~

Comment

Got it. I do have a Roethlisberger stack as one of my five lineups. I know there is the history. But also there is the fact that the Patriots pass D is turrble. I have a Brady stack, too.

I wish one of you guys also did the WF fantasy football thing. It's pretty entertaining (especially when your real team is already daid. And it's free!

I got a $75 dollar prize for 2nd place last year, and $150 for a 1st this year (SO FAR....).
                  ~
                  If the site is still around, maybe I'll give it a try next year.

Man, looking at some current "big boards" these things are gonna change a lot between now and the draft. I'm constantly seeing guys like Donte Jackson and Anthony Averett in the 4th round range. Those are two of the best nickel cb prospects I've seen in a long time. Meanwhile, they'll still have that Fla wr with more arrests than Pacman Jones in the 2nd round.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Also, I don't get how people have Sam Hubbard in their top 20. He's ppretty clearly a day 2 guy to me.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Give it a month or so, when most teams are finished. I am eager for draft season. It could be an eventful off-season in Pittsburgh. Not in a good way though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Give it a month or so, when most teams are finished. I am eager for draft season. It could be an eventful off-season in Pittsburgh. Not in a good way though.
                        How so? I expect whining about money from AB, more retirement talk from Ben, and a franchise tag (or, worse, a monster contract) for Bell. Nothing major though.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• For the halibut, here's my current Steelers WFS lineup (aka "Lineup A"):

There are fewer Steelers in it now. I figured I'd rather have Julio Jones versus Tampa than Antonio Brown getting the Belichick treatment. And I wanted Juju in there, too...but the hamstring flaring up again worries me.

Weekly_Fantasy_Contest_-_2017-12-16_13.03.45.jpeg
                          ~

Comment

How so? I expect whining about money from AB, more retirement talk from Ben, and a franchise tag (or, worse, a monster contract) for Bell. Nothing major though.
                            There's a possibility of losing Ben, Bell, and Shazier in the same off-season. Ben may retire, Bell could get paid elsewhere, and Shazier has to walk before playing football is anywhere close to an option (he has started rehab, so good news). QB would be a nightmare to replace, as half of the league needs one. And if they think they can roll with Landry, they deserve the 6-10 that would result in. RBs come cheap but no one would equal Bell. Conner can't get on the field due to him lacking in the passing game, hopefully he steps it up. Shazier is an unknown. No, all 3 probably won't happen, but losing 3 players of that caliber would hurt.
                            Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 12-16-2017, 02:59 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

There's a possibility of losing Ben, Bell, and Shazier in the same off-season. Ben may retire, Bell could get paid elsewhere, and Shazier has to walk before playing football is anywhere close to an option (he has started rehab, so good news). QB would be a nightmare to replace, as half of the league needs one. And if they think they can roll with Landry, they deserve the 6-10 that would result in. RBs come cheap but no one would equal Bell. Conner can't get on the field due to him lacking in the passing game, hopefully he steps it up. Shazier is an unknown. No, all 3 probably won't happen, but losing 3 players of that caliber would hurt.
                              Two of those would make me very happy. Unfortunately, the only one I believe is Shazier having to retire.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• There's talk Luck may need surgery on his bicep tendon. Nice job, Irsay!
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X