2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah his son seems halfway intelligent. Probably explains the recent reversal of fortune.

In other news, The Steelers released James Harrison today with Gilbert returning from suspension. He wanted to play, but with the Pitt OLBs in coverage a lot and the pass rush not really suffering from it, he wasn't getting time. I'll be curious to see if he gets picked up and plays.
    Remember when the Cowboys draft board was on tv and everybody saw that DT from Florida was ranked in their top 10 but they passed on him with their pick? It was Will McClay that cleaned that stuff up.

Sad way for a career to come to an end for 92.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Remember when the Cowboys draft board was on tv and everybody saw that DT from Florida was ranked in their top 10 but they passed on him with their pick? It was Will McClay that cleaned that stuff up.

Sad way for a career to come to an end for 92.
      I remember when Jerruh said that he'd fire himself if he were a GM, but since he was owner, "you can't fire the owner". I wonder if that was about when he ceded some control.

I wonder if James will be signed elsewhere.
      sigpic

Comment

I remember when Jerruh said that he'd fire himself if he were a GM, but since he was owner, "you can't fire the owner". I wonder if that was about when he ceded some control.

I wonder if James will be signed elsewhere.
        Pats could sign him just to troll Pittsburgh, but that's all I can think of.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So I did a 5 round mock for the Raiders and ended up with Roquon Smith, Josh Jackson, Rashaad Penny and Duke Ejiofor. Not a bad hall imo. They would then have a stud at each level of their defense (Mack, Smith, and Jackson) as well as a tough, physical runner and at least a solid DE to play opposite Mack. Thoughts, or has nobody dug into draft stuff yet?
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I cannot believe how big of a failure Hue Jackson has been. We're actually going 0-16 because this clown will be outcoached despite the Steelers playing their third stringers.

Comment

• This is one of the very, very, very rare times I'll ever say this, but I want GB to beat the Lions next week. Better chance of coaching staff being fired and the Lions would leapfrog GB in the draft. Possibly a few others. That Bengals game was so freaking pathetic.

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
              I cannot believe how big of a failure Hue Jackson has been. We're actually going 0-16 because this clown will be outcoached despite the Steelers playing their third stringers.
              You should hope they play more of the 1st string, because those guys know they have jobs and will probably phone it on while the 3rd stringers will be competing for 2018. Though it's impressive that the Browns can do this considering that the players on the team are likely better than the 2008 Lions in every possible way. Better chance at the Browns not sucking as bad next year since the they only have 4 players, including on IR, that are over age 27 while the 2008 Lions had an average age of 27.5.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                This is one of the very, very, very rare times I'll ever say this, but I want GB to beat the Lions next week. Better chance of coaching staff being fired and the Lions would leapfrog GB in the draft. Possibly a few others. That Bengals game was so freaking pathetic.

You should hope they play more of the 1st string, because those guys know they have jobs and will probably phone it on while the 3rd stringers will be competing for 2018. Though it's impressive that the Browns can do this considering that the players on the team are likely better than the 2008 Lions in every possible way. Better chance at the Browns not sucking as bad next year since the they only have 4 players, including on IR, that are over age 27 while the 2008 Lions had an average age of 27.5.
                They may look better on paper, but they won't be just 0-16 if they lose next week, they will be 1-31 in two years! That has to be the worst run ever. Do the Steelers play at the same time as the Pats? If so, they will be playing in case the Pats inexplicably drop the game against the Jets.
                sigpic

Comment

• I've got mixed feelings on Redskins-Giants, too. On the one hand, it'd be nice to have a 3rd 'not-losing' season in a row.

On the other hand, I've been rooting for the Giants for a while (and for the first time ever) to win another game so they don't get a top 2 pick.

And also on that hand, we have a shot at Da'Ron Payne if we're 7-9. Shirley we don't if we're 8-8.

On the third hand, the team doesn't seem to value the NT position at all, so we might pass on him anyways. Then I just have to hope we make a decent mid-round pick.
                  ~

Comment

• Lots of teams are going away from the run plugging NT, in favor of having another pass rusher. Which is too bad, as having a guy who can cut the other team's running game in half on his own is still pretty valuable, I think.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                      I cannot believe how big of a failure Hue Jackson has been. We're actually going 0-16 because this clown will be outcoached despite the Steelers playing their third stringers.
                      It's kinda like watching the Steelers play the Pats for the past decade+ and insist on playing cover 2 time after time after time, only crammed all into one season.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Pats could sign him just to troll Pittsburgh, but that's all I can think of.
                        Called it.

And yes, I know that quoting myself to put myself over is a douche move
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Called it.

And yes, I know that quoting myself to put myself over is a douche move
                          It's alright, not like we have younger stars to bury.

I'm bummed, but the Steelers pass rush has been fine without him. Since they use their OLBs to cover more now, Harrison no longer fits with what they are doing. I would have rather seen him go anywhere else, but the Pats made the most sense, especially with the likelihood that the Pats will play teams with tall tackles in the playoffs (Eric Fisher, Big Al) whom Harrison has historically made miserable. I'd wish him the best, just not on that team.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's alright, not like we have younger stars to bury.

I'm bummed, but the Steelers pass rush has been fine without him. Since they use their OLBs to cover more now, Harrison no longer fits with what they are doing. I would have rather seen him go anywhere else, but the Pats made the most sense, especially with the likelihood that the Pats will play teams with tall tackles in the playoffs (Eric Fisher, Big Al) whom Harrison has historically made miserable. I'd wish him the best, just not on that team.
                            Gotta protect my spot, brother.

I just wish they would have found some other guy to cut and let 92 ride out this season. Then he can "retire" this offseason, because I don't expect him to get signed in that circumstance.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Gotta protect my spot, brother.

I just wish they would have found some other guy to cut and let 92 ride out this season. Then he can "retire" this offseason, because I don't expect him to get signed in that circumstance.
                              He wanted to play. They cut him to allow him to have a chance elsewhere. I think the team would have made another cut if that were not the case.
                              sigpic

Comment

He wanted to play. They cut him to allow him to have a chance elsewhere. I think the team would have made another cut if that were not the case.
                                You know what? I think I'm going to decide to believe that.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X