No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like next year's draft class will be pretty strong.
    sigpic

Comment

• David Gettleman is the new NYG GM.
      ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
        David Gettleman is the new NYG GM.
        ~
        It's now official. A good move.
        sigpic

Comment

David Gettleman is the new NYG GM.
          ~
          Great news for the Giants, and about damn time.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I'll be interested to see what they do with Eli. Gettleman doesn't care about feelings towards veterans. I think this is what rubbed people the wrong way in Carolina.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
              I'll be interested to see what they do with Eli. Gettleman doesn't care about feelings towards veterans. I think this is what rubbed people the wrong way in Carolina.
              Maybe it's just me being hopeful , but I think Getts would be more likely to ship off OBJ and try making one last run with Eli (especially considering the contract demands) than going with a rookie from a group of QBs I'm not especially impressed with.

In other news, Matt Canada and his commie offense is out at LSU. Odd timing considering our Oline coach just left to take over the OC job at BYU.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Pitt to reportedly sit Ben and Bell against Cleve this Sunday.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Weird timing for LSU. With or without Canada though, they still have the same problem: QB.

Yeah Marcus Gilbert let it leak that the starters would be sitting. They did this last year and Landry almost lost it. I'd rather not be the only victory on an otherwise winless team, so I'd like to see at least a half of good football to put the game away early. Then Landry can go in and suck.
                  ​​​​​
                  sigpic

Comment

Weird timing for LSU. With or without Canada though, they still have the same problem: QB.

Yeah Marcus Gilbert let it leak that the starters would be sitting. They did this last year and Landry almost lost it. I'd rather not be the only victory on an otherwise winless team, so I'd like to see at least a half of good football to put the game away early. Then Landry can go in and suck.
                    ​​​​​
                    Seems Coach O and Canada had serious heat, but def bad timing.

That's my take as well. Playoff positioning be damned, I wouldn't want to be the ones to give an 0-15 their sole win. Especially a division opponent. I suppose I'd feel differently if I thought the Steelers were SB favorites or something.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Todd Bowles with the 2 year extension. Poor Sienna.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Dallas Cowboys mini-mock:

DT Taven Bryan Fla

DE Sam Hubbard Ohio St

TE Mike Gesicki PSU

LB Skai Moore tUSC (their Trojans can't hold our '****s)

C/G Scott Quessenberry UCLA (think he should go at least a round higher, but this is the highest I've seen him so whatevs)

Thoughts or questions anybody? I know there are only like four and a half of us still here, but part of the reason we still post/read is because we like to talk football, right? I'm not as garrulous or condescending as some posters of days past, but I do have some hopes, ideas, and insights as do y'all. kirmie can tell me all the reasons Mo Hurst is the best 3 tech in the draft, spf can site chapter and verse on Gesicki (sp?), and our two NFC East members can fling poo over it being a Cowboys mini-mock.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I'm too busy getting ready for another off-season of Kirk's Kontract news. I'm pretty sure he's leaving, I hope it's just over with ASAP.

P.S. I don't see that much college football during the regular season, so I don't know much about anything until mock draft season gets into full swing.
                          ~

Comment

• Gesicki and Witten would be a good combo unless Witten retires. Which I'm convinced will never happen. That guy has been playing for like 30 years now. In all seriousness though, having that kind of veteran presence will help out Gesiki's technique when it comes to receiving and blocking. He also has no off the field issues that anyone knows about. So he breaks the Dallas mold there. I think he'll be good in this scenario. Better than Jesse James at any rate.
                            sigpic

Comment

Gesicki and Witten would be a good combo unless Witten retires. Which I'm convinced will never happen. That guy has been playing for like 30 years now. In all seriousness though, having that kind of veteran presence will help out Gesiki's technique when it comes to receiving and blocking. He also has no off the field issues that anyone knows about. So he breaks the Dallas mold there. I think he'll be good in this scenario. Better than Jesse James at any rate.
                              My thought with Gesicki to the Boys is that:

1) They have one or two really good blocking TEs even without Witten

2) Dak (who I like) clearly prefers guys that come open quickly as opposed to guys that look covered, thus his lack of "chemistry" with Dez

3) Dallas has to replace Witten this year,even if it is with somebody that isn't nearly as important to their offense
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I'm too busy getting ready for another off-season of Kirk's Kontract news. I'm pretty sure he's leaving, I hope it's just over with ASAP.

P.S. I don't see that much college football during the regular season, so I don't know much about anything until mock draft season gets into full swing.
                                ~
                                At this point, isn't it fait accompli that he's gone? Or is it just a massive screw up that will cost them about $5 mil a year? Does he even want to sign with them? If it were me, I'd want to move on to a team that wants me and not one that I'd feel just wants to drive my price down. Cousins is a good QB that I feel you can win a SB with, though not because of, and if I were him I'd give Washington the double deuce and sign with somebody else.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X