Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit: The Dolphins are jerks. Taking the awesome Kris Kocurek. I thought he'd be kept in Detroit even with the coaching change.

Edit2: Damnit! That's what I get for not keeping up yesterday. Kris was hired by the Dolphins. Lame.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    BB would have the team at least formidable without Brady: he'd have the last couple of years of Bledsoe. But they wouldn't be as crazy dominant as they have been.
    Yeah, Brady is very good, but I think BB is an even bigger influence on team. There were very few years where I thought Brady was actually the best QB in the NFL. Like top 3 or 4 rather than always #1. I base that on the fact that no matter how good you are at QB, you and your team have to game plan and adjust that plan. I feel like BB is why NE is so good at that on both sides of the ball. Then there were guys like Peyton who did it on a single side as a player on the field. Which is why I would LOVE to see Peyton as an OC or HC. On the other side there are guys like Rodgers with what I think is superior arm and leg talent that lets them make the extra throws that Brady gets due to adjustments.

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
    I don't mind Walt's draft for us today (13. Vita Vea, 44. Equanimeous St. Brown), but does anyone else think 56. Will Hernandez, G, UTEP is too low?
    ~
    I haven't gotten to really watch him, but from everything I've read so far Vita Vea is the guy I want to fall to the Lions. With Patricia likely the guy and more 3-4 likely the Lions really need to get a NT type and a 3-4 rush LB type. Though even if they don't go 3-4 they still need a DT that can be a solid run stuffer and another pass rusher. A'Shawn was the closest thing to a NT the Lions had once Ngata went down and most of the Lions DE's can't be allowed to drop back into coverage as often as the typical 3-4 rush LB.

The Lions really could have benefited from having another guy who can get a bit of pass rush without being forced out of the gap. The DT's other than A'Shawn could penetrate, but they would get moved laterally too much when doing so. Then the RB has a hole or the QB can escape pressure. I'm not all gung ho on the Lions grabbing MoHurst for that reason. I think he'll be good, but I don't think he'll be able to hold the point of attack like the Lions need right now. I'll be more open to it if the Lions get one of the run stuffing DT's in free agency.
    Last edited by kirmie; 01-18-2018, 10:28 AM.
    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah, Randy Fitchner will likely be promoted. Though there's an outside chance of Kirby Smart or even Munch, who turned down the Cardinals.
      Charlie's Shrine Game reports are getting me psyched for the Senior Bowl.
      ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Looks like they caved to Ben and promoted Randy. Lol.

I would have promoted Munch if he were interested.
        I'm not sure what kind of X's and Os guy Munch is, though. I know he's awesome at what he does. I'm fine with Fitchner: if you can't get this offense going, you're braindead.

I would have liked to see them switch up their defensive staff as well, but it looks like that's not happening. I'd shorten Tomlin's leash too: his clock management and situational calls were Andy Reid levels of bad this year.
        sigpic

Comment

• I've now determined who I want to win the NFC championship thanks to this tweet. Go Eagles! Also, Walt apparently should stay inside if they win.

Also, apparently Detroit -vs- Everybody can now be bought for every team.

Comment

• Brady circlejerk reaching obscene levels right now. Might be the luckiest guy in sport history, and yet he's praised like a god.

Comment

• I don't know if this will end up having an effect on football at all, but the Larry Nassar case looks like it is dragging MSU through the mud. We might be looking at sanctions on the school. In case some of you don't know, Larry Nassar was the doctor for women's gymnastics through MSU that dealt with all sorts, including Olympians. Basically he was Jerry Sandusky, but for girls gymnastics instead of boys football. Reports are coming out of multiple women reporting this to MSU and some of the reports reaching as far as the president with no action coming of this. People at the school are still refusing to talk about it with pretty much anybody. It could possibly end up affecting all sports at this rate.

Edit: MSU being Michigan State University BTW. Forgot that the acronym could be mixed up with other schools.
              Last edited by kirmie; 01-18-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Possible stock-down for Robby Anderson.
                ~

Comment

• So what's everyone's favorite potential SB matchup? I'm hoping Vikes-Jags to get a nasty defensive fistfight of a game that casual fans and Goodell will hate alike. Also, to have the press do something other than fellate Tom Brady for two weeks.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                    So what's everyone's favorite potential SB matchup? I'm hoping Vikes-Jags to get a nasty defensive fistfight of a game that casual fans and Goodell will hate alike. Also, to have the press do something other than fellate Tom Brady for two weeks.
                    I could get behind that.
                    Personally, I hope to see Brady beaten up by the Jaguars front seven only to be beaten even worse by the Vikings front seven two weeks after and then just retiring. If for no other reason than to settle the Brady/Belichick debate sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                      Wow. Yeah, I'm guessing jail time for him. At least I would hope he gets some for that. Sheesh.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                      So what's everyone's favorite potential SB matchup? I'm hoping Vikes-Jags to get a nasty defensive fistfight of a game that casual fans and Goodell will hate alike. Also, to have the press do something other than fellate Tom Brady for two weeks.
                      That would be my favorite match up. Other than the fact that it would guarantee that one more team would have been to, since Jags haven't been, or won, since neither has won, the Super Bowl while the Lions haven't even won their 2nd playoff game. That or the Eagles for the riots. I have zero interest in the Pats going. Been there, seen that. Plus it would mean waiting even longer to hire Patricia. So bonus suck points if they go.

Though we could be in for the most hilarious championship weekend ever thanks to Brady hurting his hand, even though I'm like 99.9% sure Brady plays. The possibility of Hoyer vs Bortles and Keenum vs Foles? I mean how the hell is this even close to happening? Hoyer winning could be the biggest stain on Brady's career ever though, so that could be a bonus.

Edit: Would anybody even be able to argue Brady over Belichick when the argument against that is that Belichick won with freaking Hoyer? Also, a Browns QB castoff winning the Super Bowl. Poor Browns fans.
                      Last edited by kirmie; 01-19-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• I have to root for Minny to win. It would be better if they beat the Brady-riots, but also it would be worse if they lost to them.
                        ~

Comment

• Jags all the way, baybay.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I could get behind that.
                            Personally, I hope to see Brady beaten up by the Jaguars front seven only to be beaten even worse by the Vikings front seven two weeks after and then just retiring. If for no other reason than to settle the Brady/Belichick debate sooner.
                            Belichick could just nope his way into retirement/another team once Brady goes, though. The Garoppolo trade would seem to indicate that that's in play, regardless of what led to it.
                            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• **** **** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                                **** **** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ****!
                                Not a fan of Vrabel? I expect at least one LB to catch a TD pass.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X