Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Titans are screwed. Poor Lewan, Conklin, and Henry.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

    Lol

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Castiron View Post
      Titans are screwed. Poor Lewan, Conklin, and Henry.
      We'll have to see what OC gets brought in. I get hiring a defensive guy, as their D wasn't very good, which is a bad thing when you're trying to be a physical rushing team. I suppose we will wait and see.

      With the Steelers out, I'm gearing up for draft coverage. I'm already making a wishlist.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

        We'll have to see what OC gets brought in. I get hiring a defensive guy, as their D wasn't very good, which is a bad thing when you're trying to be a physical rushing team. I suppose we will wait and see.

        With the Steelers out, I'm gearing up for draft coverage. I'm already making a wishlist.
        I'm guessing Roquan Smith is at the top? Who else you got on there?
        Flinchy McTapQwik

        Lol

        Comment


        • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

          We'll have to see what OC gets brought in. I get hiring a defensive guy, as their D wasn't very good, which is a bad thing when you're trying to be a physical rushing team. I suppose we will wait and see.
          It's a godawful, inexcusably bad hire. Four total years of coaching, one year as DC, and unremarkable as DC despite inheriting a fantastic group of players.

          Who gives a **** about what he did as a player? Great players are generally **** coaches, and it speaks volumes about the quality of the hire that every analyst only talks about him winning SBs as a player when discussing the hire.

          If he brings a great support staff with him, then that's great,but I have my doubts.

          Walt is smoking crack if he thinks that warrants a B-.

          Comment


          • Oh Philadelphia. You and your weird, game winning riot fun.

            Originally posted by Daniel View Post
            **** **** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ******** **** ****!
            I assume this is payback for the Titans taking Whisenhunt from the Lions and leaving them with Caldwell, though that worked out decently for the Lions.

            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

            Comment


            • Waiting for Baker Mayfield's Senior Bowl weigh-in...
              ~

              Comment


              • A guy that has been around the the online Lions community has been writing a program related to draft prospects and data about them with another guy I don't know as well. They've had a database of information for a long time now on Relative Athletic Score (RAS), which compiles all the times for the combine and related events for a prospect and puts them through a formula to help determine how well the particular athlete performed compared to others at a certain position. Since that system is solidly in place now it seems like they've wanted to expand that data with other data they have and make it more useful to others. It is possible to contribute as well.

                It's not finished yet, but I thought I'd throw the information out here in case people were interested. Here is a link to Twitter conversation about it. If you're not interested in something that big, the RAS stuff is still probably worth a look. It's all free BTW, so no worries there.
                http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                  I'm guessing Roquan Smith is at the top? Who else you got on there?
                  Oh yeah. He may be my favorite player this year. Other than that, I want safeties. All of the safeties. I'll have to do some digging for specific safeties. I know that one safety from Bama is more of an SS, which I think is less of a need than FS. I hope that they look at RB and let Lev walk: he's productive but kind of a headache. I'm a big fan of Sony Michel. Maybe I'm a closet Georgia fan? I like Vita Vea as well, and love the traditional NT, but he won't be available and the Steelers don't believe in stopping the run anyways. Which, if I can steal your line for a sec: Thanks Tomlin! Since it's been reported that he has more control of the defense than before. After that I will have to look at OLBs. Because Steelers, and because Bud ain't so great.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

                    Oh yeah. He may be my favorite player this year. Other than that, I want safeties. All of the safeties. I'll have to do some digging for specific safeties. I know that one safety from Bama is more of an SS, which I think is less of a need than FS. I hope that they look at RB and let Lev walk: he's productive but kind of a headache. I'm a big fan of Sony Michel. Maybe I'm a closet Georgia fan? I like Vita Vea as well, and love the traditional NT, but he won't be available and the Steelers don't believe in stopping the run anyways. Which, if I can steal your line for a sec: Thanks Tomlin! Since it's been reported that he has more control of the defense than before. After that I will have to look at OLBs. Because Steelers, and because Bud ain't so great.
                    FS is pretty thin. Would be better served to take a big corner like Iman Marshal or MJ Stewart and convert them. After Minkah, there's the a&m kid and the one from Northwestern as far as I can tell. Derrius Guice is my fav back and the 2nd best in the class imo. Rush backer looks weak this year to me, but I thought TJ would suck so I may be wrong. Armstrong and Landry both regressed and Key is a headcase.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

                    Lol

                    Comment


                    • Getting a big CB wouldn't be a terrible idea, but I'd look for somebody who plays a style more suited to safety rather than simply getting a big CB. They need to be able to read the plays in front of them and be solid tacklers. Some of the big CB's aren't great at that if they played a lot of man coverage. The concept definitely works if you can give them time to adjust. I think Miles Killebrew was the only Lions safety that wasn't a CB in the draft. Including the guys who came in after injuries. I know Glover Quin, Tavon Wilson, Quandre Diggs, Don Carey, and Charles Washington were all considered CB's early.

                      Also, with the Cardinals getting Wilks and rumors of Caldwell being the possible OC, is there any chance that the Cardinals also pick up a minority DC? I don't think there has been an NFL team with all 3 of those as minorities. At least none that I can think of off the top of my head.
                      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Castiron View Post

                        FS is pretty thin. Would be better served to take a big corner like Iman Marshal or MJ Stewart and convert them. After Minkah, there's the a&m kid and the one from Northwestern as far as I can tell. Derrius Guice is my fav back and the 2nd best in the class imo. Rush backer looks weak this year to me, but I thought TJ would suck so I may be wrong. Armstrong and Landry both regressed and Key is a headcase.
                        Converting a big CB wouldn't be a terrible idea. They could look into FA for FS as well. They don't need a high pick at OLB, just like a solid mid-round guy. I know they liked their 7th round pick from last year, and Chick isn't horrible. But neither is going to push Bud. But yeah, outside pass rusher isn't super strong this year. Really, if they were smart, they could fix the holes on this defense. We'll see.

                        I've backed off of QB. Ben seems to want to play longer now that Haley is gone. Dramatic, but it allows the team to continue building on defense and wait on QB. Helps that he played much better in the second half of the year as well.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Poor Haley. Goes from OC of the Steelers to....Cleveland. Nobody deserves that.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

                          Lol

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                            Waiting for Baker Mayfield's Senior Bowl weigh-in...
                            lol
                            ~

                            Comment


                            • Apparently Patricia has been telling people on the Lions staff they'd be let go last week. Looks like mostly defensive guys. QB coach Brian Callahan also let go, but rumor is that it was a courtesy after blocking interview requests in the past rather than wanting to get rid of him. Good o'l Jim Bob Cooter could be sticking around. Thankfully the OL coach is already gone. Now if they can hire a QA guy who can also make sure 11 players are always on the field...

                              Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                              Poor Haley. Goes from OC of the Steelers to....Cleveland. Nobody deserves that.
                              There is a guy at the Senior Bowl, Will Hernandez who weighed in at 340 lbs, who's team won 0 games. I think the NFL should mandate that Cleveland can't select him. Making a guy go from a 0 win NCAA team to a 0 win NFL team would just be too mean.

                              Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

                              lol
                              ~
                              Ha!
                              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                                Ha!
                                5'11" confirmed.
                                ~

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X