2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

My feelings about Kirk Cousins, times 10. (Although I also hate our front office for creating this problem, as if I could hate Team Danny even more.)
    ~
    I completely blame the front office for that massive screw up. I hope he goes to the Jags and makes them a perennial SB contender, and gets them a slew of Lombardis.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Eric Wood's career is over. Neck injury.
      sigpic

Comment

• Speaking of things likely over, Michigan State appears to be screwed. College athletics are sadly a very dirty thing. My guess is that they clean house entirely. The AD already quit. I'm curious to see how the NCAA responds. They are usually more or less toothless.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          Eric Wood's career is over. Neck injury.
          That sucks. Though it's kind of nice that when I Googled his name to see what happened that half of the stuff was about money he was raising for charity.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
          Speaking of things likely over, Michigan State appears to be screwed. College athletics are sadly a very dirty thing. My guess is that they clean house entirely. The AD already quit. I'm curious to see how the NCAA responds. They are usually more or less toothless.
          Yeah, this is exactly why I mentioned a while back that the news coming out may mean sanctions for MSU. School officials knowing about Nassar meant somebody would almost assuredly do a full scale investigation. We all know MSU football had some stuff go on last year and the investigation would start bringing up the dirt on those things. I didn't think basketball would be dragged in as much though.

Not sure what kind of hammer the NCAA is bringing with them. They probably want one of the blowup carnival ones because they admit they overdid it at PSU, but this stretches across multiple sports, players, coaches, etc. with over 150 victims from Nassar alone. Combine that with MSU's defense of everybody in charge and literally laughing at the possibility of the NCAA doing anything and I think they need to bring a sledge and demo the place. If you're curious about the laughing part, it was Joel Ferguson.

Not being biased as a Michigan fan either, BTW. I don't really consider MSU to be a rival. It's tOSU and only tOSU. The Game is easily the biggest sporting event of the year where I'm from and I don't think I even knew anybody that was an MSU fan before college.
          http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

That sucks. Though it's kind of nice that when I Googled his name to see what happened that half of the stuff was about money he was raising for charity.

Yeah, this is exactly why I mentioned a while back that the news coming out may mean sanctions for MSU. School officials knowing about Nassar meant somebody would almost assuredly do a full scale investigation. We all know MSU football had some stuff go on last year and the investigation would start bringing up the dirt on those things. I didn't think basketball would be dragged in as much though.

Not sure what kind of hammer the NCAA is bringing with them. They probably want one of the blowup carnival ones because they admit they overdid it at PSU, but this stretches across multiple sports, players, coaches, etc. with over 150 victims from Nassar alone. Combine that with MSU's defense of everybody in charge and literally laughing at the possibility of the NCAA doing anything and I think they need to bring a sledge and demo the place. If you're curious about the laughing part, it was Joel Ferguson.

Not being biased as a Michigan fan either, BTW. I don't really consider MSU to be a rival. It's tOSU and only tOSU. The Game is easily the biggest sporting event of the year where I'm from and I don't think I even knew anybody that was an MSU fan before college.
            Yeah, for some reason I didn't put it together that Nassar was at MSU in addition to his other stuff. Its awful stuff. We will see what's in store. Honestly, the NCAA will just make things murkier and not contribute much. Let the law handle it.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, for some reason I didn't put it together that Nassar was at MSU in addition to his other stuff. Its awful stuff. We will see what's in store. Honestly, the NCAA will just make things murkier and not contribute much. Let the law handle it.
              The Michigan Attorney General is on it so the law should be able to handle it. I actually think the football and basketball will come out of it OK from what we know so far. I think almost, if not all of the football players associated were booted from the program pretty quickly. Unless somebody knew was found that was covered up. I'd like the NCAA make them pay in some odd way. Possibly financially for a fund to help current and future victims along with funding the start of a nationwide program for the NCAA workers to attend about this stuff so in the future we can safely assume that EVERYBODY working on campus knows and can be quickly held responsible. Maybe requiring the any staff told of something to put in paperwork to the school, NCAA, and police department so there is a super easy paper trail. That and making MSU get rid of the idiots like Ferguson who make everybody look bad. I get where he was coming from, thinking MSU had bad stuff happen without covering things up, but he was oblivious to how much of a jackass he was sounding like.

Comment

• They should probably throw a bunch of money at charity on their own. Just to muster any sort of good will.
                sigpic

Comment

• In typical Titans fashion, they hire Dean Pees out of retirement as DC.

In completely atypical Titans fashion, they somehow get Matt LeFleur to make a lateral move as OC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                    In typical Titans fashion, they hire Dean Pees out of retirement as DC.

In completely atypical Titans fashion, they somehow get Matt LeFleur to make a lateral move as OC.
                    Pees isn't bad. Plus his name is Pees. Vrabel actually seems to be doing pretty well so far.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                    They should probably throw a bunch of money at charity on their own. Just to muster any sort of good will.
                    With how this is going it seems like that is the last thing on the minds of most of the high ups at MSU. They forget to even pretend that they care about the victims until the public is crying out for their resignations. About the only way they could have handled this worse is if they publicly made fun of the victims or something. I guess they could have gone the illegal silence agreement route that USA Gymnastics and the Olympic Committee went. Man these people are dumb.

Comment

• Dean Pees is kind of an awesome name.
                      ~

Comment

• Sounds like the Lions may have tried to get Pees earlier and that Vrabel got him through persistence. The Lions coordinators could have been Pees and Jim Bob Cooter. That'd be some strong name game power.

Comment

• Pees had a good career, I'm just concerned about anyone retiring then coming back. Vrabel being a (crappy) defense minded guy and then pulling a guy out of retirement makes me worry that Vrabel will really be coordinating the defense.

LaFleur I'm psyched about. Don't know how they convinced him to make a lateral move from the Rams. That seems like a much more stable situation.

Comment

• Alex Smith to Washington. I'll be eager to see what the Chiefs get in return. Smith is signing a $94 million dollar extension with Washington as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

Alex Smith to Washington. I'll be eager to see what the Chiefs get in return. Smith is signing a $94 million dollar extension with Washington as well.
                              So, the Chiefs get a third, Kendall Fuller, and $17 million to play around with, and the Skins get Alex Smith til he's 38.

I think the Chiefs won this one.

Comment

• Lets's see:

1. Chiefs push all their chips to the middle of the table with Mahomes. They better hope he doesn't bust, because this is the best run the Chiefs have had in a long time.

2. Guess Washington is letting Cousin's go. Drafting a QB as as well?

3. Titans go from hiring one afc north dc out of retirement to hiring another afc north dc out of retirement. Lol.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X