Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a thought: if Cleveland signs Cousins, drafts Barkley, and uses their remaining resources on defense and a WR along the way, they could actually be interesting. Provided they don't Browns this up. Which they probably will.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
      Here's a thought: if Cleveland signs Cousins, drafts Barkley, and uses their remaining resources on defense and a WR along the way, they could actually be interesting. Provided they don't Browns this up. Which they probably will.
      My understanding was Cousins wants to go to a contender. So, the opposite of Cleveland.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• fukkk
        ~

Comment

• lol Redskins and Chiefs. I didn't even think you could make a trade during the postseason, let alone a crazy one.

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
          Pees had a good career, I'm just concerned about anyone retiring then coming back. Vrabel being a (crappy) defense minded guy and then pulling a guy out of retirement makes me worry that Vrabel will really be coordinating the defense.

LaFleur I'm psyched about. Don't know how they convinced him to make a lateral move from the Rams. That seems like a much more stable situation.

I understand that perspective, but I also happen to be a Tigers fan from Ohio. The Tigers picked once picked up a manager who resigned from coaching 6 years earlier because he was burned out. Jim Leyland taking the Tigers from 12 straight losing seasons to the World Series was fantastic. Though in football there was a guy with a similar situation who now coached in Columbus.

I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that he retired since guys can get the itch and come back full bore. Though I will admit this situation is definitely different. The two I mentioned had more time off to get the itch back. Also, Urban and Jim were both younger (Lelyand was 63 when the Tigers signed him to manage, but looked like he was 80) and from the Toledo area while Pees is 68 and was born almost an hour's drive straight south. Though he did coach at Toledo at one point after going to BGSU, so Pees has that going for him.
          http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

My understanding was Cousins wants to go to a contender. So, the opposite of Cleveland.
            He was intrigued by it though. I mean, it's the ultimate challenge. So far I've heard Jets and Broncos as the most likely, though.
            sigpic

Comment

Here's a thought: if Cleveland signs Cousins, drafts Barkley, and uses their remaining resources on defense and a WR along the way, they could actually be interesting. Provided they don't Browns this up. Which they probably will.
              The Jaguars could be in play there if they had a good way to create the cap space. But then that means cutting some well paid players (they could probably swing it if they cut Bortles and one other player) and not getting to re-sign Posluszny, Allen Robinson, Marquise Lee, or Aaron Colvin. Which suddenly makes them way less of a contender.

Vikings seem like the obvious choice, since they have the cash. Bills seem to have more priority free agents to re-sign, so they'd be tough. Could the Broncos or Cardinals be pitched as a contender?

Comment

• God I love the Redskins

Cousins would be a good fit in MIN, but with Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, and Diggs due extensions, not sure they go there despite currently possessing the room for it.
                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• I gotta say, the Titans staff has me eating some crow. Excellent OC, good DC if he isn't coasting, proven DL and WR coaches, and retaining the Titans TE coach. They seem to really be putting an emphasis on former players. Not sure about these LB coaches.
                  If Vrabel keeps to his role as a pretty face that's just there to get the players hyped up, I'm coming around to this staff.

Comment

He was intrigued by it though. I mean, it's the ultimate challenge. So far I've heard Jets and Broncos as the most likely, though.
                    I want him in Jacksonville, dammit!
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
                      God I love the Redskins

Cousins would be a good fit in MIN, but with Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, and Diggs due extensions, not sure they go there despite currently possessing the room for it.
                      Mike Zimmer has great, embarrassing amounts of manlove (nttawwt) for Teddy freaking Bridgewater and they've got another guy who is going to be a FA that just got them to the conference championship. I can't imagine there's a snowball's chance they look outside of their own for a QB.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I want him in Jacksonville, dammit!
                        Rapport says that Jacksonville is committed to Bortles. So, pre-order those teal and black Cousins jerseys.
                        sigpic

Comment

Rapport says that Jacksonville is committed to Bortles. So, pre-order those teal and black Cousins jerseys.
                          I mean, they would say that even if they weren't in case they were stuck with him though, wouldn't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I mean, they would say that even if they weren't in case they were stuck with him though, wouldn't they?
                            Of course. Just like when an owner gives a head coach the "vote or confidence".
                            sigpic

Comment

Of course. Just like when an owner gives a head coach the "vote or confidence".
                              Ooof. The vote of confidence is bad.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So if I vote "zero confidence in the Redskins deal" will that make it good?
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X