Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, saying he is "their guy" doesn't mean squat. The Clippers basically said they were going to retire Blake Griffins number last summer to get him to re-sign. Teams can change their opinions on a dime. Well, except for the Ford led Lions where a vote of confidence gave you job security out the wazoo. Martha has been a breath of fresh fire.

Edit: Off topic, but the next time Dean Pees retires he needs to get hired by ESPN. They absolutely need a segment called "Dean Pees on <subject>".

Edit 2:

Word on the street is that former Lions OL coach Ron Prince wasn't very good at his job. Apparently a lot of people are saying not so nice things about him this week. Which could help explain why an OL with Decker, Wagner, and Lang couldn't at least be mediocre.
    Last edited by kirmie; 02-01-2018, 01:57 PM.
    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Eh. I feel like if you don't let your line run block some of the time, you're kinda behind the 8 ball. If he sucked, that'll just make it worse.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
        Eh. I feel like if you don't let your line run block some of the time, you're kinda behind the 8 ball. If he sucked, that'll just make it worse.
        Yeah the Lions couldn't run at all.

Positive Shazier news! He's entered outpatient therapy.
        On Thursday, UPMC provided an official update on the rehab of injured Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier and it's fortunately a positive one. http
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah the Lions couldn't run at all.

Positive Shazier news! He's entered outpatient therapy.
          Good for Shazier. That was a terrible injury.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Here is live video with play-by-play of the Redskins front office solving the QB situation.
            ~

Comment

• Great new on Shazier!

Here some really odd news. Calvin hasn't been back to visit the Lions or anything since he left, though he has other teams. Word is that he is still miffed at the Lions for taking his signing bonus money when retired (allowed, but a dick move). That was 2 years ago. His wife was still employed by the Lions until yesterday when she left. That's just weird.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post
              Eh. I feel like if you don't let your line run block some of the time, you're kinda behind the 8 ball. If he sucked, that'll just make it worse.
              The Lions put some effort into running more this year and still failed horribly. Geoff Schwartz mentioned that he thought it had to do with the scheme needing a bigger, downhill type back (could have picked Kareem Hunt like I wanted all along you jerks) combined with injuries and inconsistencies up front. Specifically stating that what the OL was doing was similar to the Colts running game with Edgerrin James. So bad luck and not matching up the scheme and players well enough.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Ozzie Newsome to step down after the 2018 season. Wow.
                sigpic

Comment

Ozzie Newsome to step down after the 2018 season. Wow.
                  Was not expecting that. Guess it's finally time for DeCosta.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Kinda figured Ozzie had the job until he decided it was over. Guess maybe he's feeling that it's time. Baltimore isn't as bulletproof at drafting as they used to be but they are still solid. The Flacco contract murdered their depth though. Which is bad for a team that always seems to have half of their roster on IR by the end of the year.
                    sigpic

Comment

Kinda figured Ozzie had the job until he decided it was over. Guess maybe he's feeling that it's time. Baltimore isn't as bulletproof at drafting as they used to be but they are still solid. The Flacco contract murdered their depth though. Which is bad for a team that always seems to have half of their roster on IR by the end of the year.
                      They grab an OL, TE, WR and bring in, say, Landry in fa and they'll be right back in it though. Only problem with that is Ozzie blows at drafting WRs.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• It's Super Sunday!

Anyone else not give a damn?
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

It's Super Sunday!

Anyone else not give a damn?
                          Wait. Not it isn't. That's tomorrow.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Wait. Not it isn't. That's tomorrow.
                            The last SB that I didn't bother with was Pats-Eagles. Even though I don't really hate the Eagles much these days, I may not tune into this one either. I am so done with New England. Not just because I'm salty (though there is some of that) but because as a fan, I'm tired of seeing the same bunch there every other year. I saw a stat that Brady has made the SB 50% of the time that he's been the starting QB. That's absurd and impressive, but also very, very boring at this point. Apparently Belechick is being weirdly friendly this week and people are wondering if it's his last game, but I doubt it. I won't believe this team is dead until that last shovelful of dirt is on the grave.
                            sigpic

Comment

The last SB that I didn't bother with was Pats-Eagles. Even though I don't really hate the Eagles much these days, I may not tune into this one either. I am so done with New England. Not just because I'm salty (though there is some of that) but because as a fan, I'm tired of seeing the same bunch there every other year. I saw a stat that Brady has made the SB 50% of the time that he's been the starting QB. That's absurd and impressive, but also very, very boring at this point. Apparently Belechick is being weirdly friendly this week and people are wondering if it's his last game, but I doubt it. I won't believe this team is dead until that last shovelful of dirt is on the grave.
                              I might click over once in a while, but that's it.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I have to root against the Eagles on principle. I don't necessarily mind rooting for NE at this point- I mean what they've accomplished this millennium is nothing short of incredible. The rest of the league is practically running lemonade stands compared to them.

What I absolutely can't stand are the Brady homers who laugh, jeer, and mock anyone who entertains the notion that he might not be the GOAT- and this is not exclusive to the New England fanbase. I know Dallas fans/beat writers/Twitter users that maliciously get off on telling people who don't like Brady that they're wrong and stupid and should feel bad about themselves for their stupidity.

I mean, yeah, Brady is the GOAT quarterback and modern football athlete. I think that's beyond discussion at this point, and you know what? That's boring as ****. I think Peyton, Rodgers, and a handful of others I may or may not have seen live probably had higher peaks, but most people don't wanna hear that because RINNNGGGGGZZZZZZ. People love winners, and that's great. But I love interesting topics, and Tom Brady is not that. I find it really hard to discuss him, his performance, and legacy on anything but a superficial level.

Belichick, though, that dude is a god damn mastermind. Respect.
                                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Working...
                                X