Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied
    Honestly neither Flacco nor Tannehill are anything more than stopgaps. Denver will probably need a rookie and some more protection.

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    I kind of thought Tannehill would be the first QB domino. Are the Broncos in a position to compete with Flacco though?
    Isn't Tannehill pretty bad, though? Were do you think he lands?

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
    So...Flacco is a Bronco.
    ~
    I honestly thought he'd be a Jag.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    I kind of thought Tannehill would be the first QB domino. Are the Broncos in a position to compete with Flacco though?

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
    So...Flacco is a Bronco.
    ~
    Crazy, right? Likely a stopgap.

Leave a comment:

• ifthethunderdontgetya
    replied
    So...Flacco is a Bronco.
    ~

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Castiron View Post

That's about how I see it, and have for a while. The locker room is a mess. Too much drama, too many me first guys, not enough team. The problem starts with Tomlin and goes down to Ben, Bell, and Brown.
    Yeah. It's weird comparing the Tomlin of 2007/08 to today. He ran some of the toughest camps, to the point the veterans had to tell him to ease off. He policed stuff a lot more. Now though, it's a country club. He simply let players get away with far too much. It's like he got so comfortable with a room full of vets that when it came to shepherding young players, he forgot how. Or maybe just didn't know. His actual coaching got worse too. He used to be more sensible with aggressive playcalling but now seems to do it at random. Time management wasn't a huge issue with him, and now it's one of his greatest weaknesses. He used to have extremely good coordinators, but now it's his old boys club. I guess overall, he just got too comfortable.

The roster doesn't really have enough vocal leaders, either. No one took the reigns after guys like Farrior and Kiesel left, so that leaves Ben and his "leadership". Cam tries and seems like a genuinely good guy, but is a generic statement machine. Sadly the OL doesn't speak out and control things more, probably don't want to step on toes. Which is too bad because DeCastro and big Al could absolutely do it. Someone has to tell Ben to shut up and play.

Want some laughs? Look up "Days of our Steelers" on YouTube. Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
    When the Browns sign Kareem Hunt

tenor.gif?itemid=4540931.gif
    What's up JAS?

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    AB officially requests trade. I'm ready to move on from the "killer Bs" era. So much talent, so little success, so much locker room drama. This season will be telling to see how much Tomlin has lost the locker room. They have already kept the same terrible assistants. Just waiting for the rebuild at this point. Gotta wait for Ben to finish Favre-ing it up first.
    That's about how I see it, and have for a while. The locker room is a mess. Too much drama, too many me first guys, not enough team. The problem starts with Tomlin and goes down to Ben, Bell, and Brown.

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied
    AB officially requests trade. I'm ready to move on from the "killer Bs" era. So much talent, so little success, so much locker room drama. This season will be telling to see how much Tomlin has lost the locker room. They have already kept the same terrible assistants. Just waiting for the rebuild at this point. Gotta wait for Ben to finish Favre-ing it up first.

Leave a comment:

• steelers_pens_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

Good to hear from ya! Your team is actually trending upward.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• whatdoyouwant711
    replied
    Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I thoiught Chido was pretty solid this year. No?
    I mean, if you go off metrics, no, he was bad. Teams picked on him downfield and had success. He probably gave up one of the highest passer ratings in football.

By the eye test, though, he was in good position on all of those plays, and only got beat on some *ridiculous* throws and catches. He has all the makings of a very good CB (size, ball skills, swagger, gives a **** about tackling)

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

You guys can probably get out of that Butler contract next year though, right? I bet thats already the plan. I mean I only watched a couple Titans games but he was absolutely atrocious in the ones I did.

Whereas, no team is gonna draft replacements for second rounders that quickly when you absolutely need those cheap starting years, unless they just cant play at an NFL level, embarrassing themselves in practice and whatnot. C-Will and Chido arent great or anything yet but they can both play.
    I thoiught Chido was pretty solid this year. No?

Leave a comment:

• whatdoyouwant711
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Meanwhile the Titans give up on A+ $12 million a year free agent cornerback Malcolm Butler to practically not address the biggest defensive needs, which coincidentally are also the strongest position groups in the draft.
    You guys can probably get out of that Butler contract next year though, right? I bet thats already the plan. I mean I only watched a couple Titans games but he was absolutely atrocious in the ones I did.

Whereas, no team is gonna draft replacements for second rounders that quickly when you absolutely need those cheap starting years, unless they just cant play at an NFL level, embarrassing themselves in practice and whatnot. C-Will and Chido arent great or anything yet but they can both play.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X