• Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Go to hell, 2016.
    ~

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

I could see it, but I'd wager that Jax would target Foles because I'm sure they believe they're just a QB away from making a real run and would lean towards the guy who actually did it. Get Foles, maybe find another WR in FA or the draft, and shore up defense in this defensively stacked draft.

I have watched the AAF highlights, but haven't been able to sit and watch any of the games. Seems pretty good, though the word is they've already run out of money and needed that $250M deposit from Dundon to pay players, which really doesn't look good for them.
    AAF has been good imo. Can't see how they'd run out of money already with their tv contracts. But, everybody wants to be an insider I suppose.
    Last edited by Castiron; Today, 04:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I'd take a shot with him in Jax over Foles tbh.
    I could see it, but I'd wager that Jax would target Foles because I'm sure they believe they're just a QB away from making a real run and would lean towards the guy who actually did it. Get Foles, maybe find another WR in FA or the draft, and shore up defense in this defensively stacked draft.

I have watched the AAF highlights, but haven't been able to sit and watch any of the games. Seems pretty good, though the word is they've already run out of money and needed that $250M deposit from Dundon to pay players, which really doesn't look good for them.

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    As the Steelers Turn. lol

Leave a comment:

• Ragnarok
    replied
    Anybody watching the AAF?
    I've been pleasantly surprised. It's pretty enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Anybody watching the AAF?

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

If I were him, I'd want to stay in Nawlins and try to set myself up as the successor to Brees, but we all know he wants to play now. I think Miami might be a landing spot. Despite Tannehill setting up for his annual Breakout Season
    I'd take a shot with him in Jax over Foles tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    Where does Bridgewater end up?
    If I were him, I'd want to stay in Nawlins and try to set myself up as the successor to Brees, but we all know he wants to play now. I think Miami might be a landing spot. Despite Tannehill setting up for his annual Breakout Season

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyallstar
    replied
    Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Probably, but I do expect them to win the North at this point. That division will be hot molten garbage next year unless Lamar learns to throw, Ben shuts up, and the Bengals new coach doesn't suck. I expect none of that to happen.
    Absolutely. I don't particularly like the Zac Taylor hire because he has minimal experience. I still think Lamar could be a good QB, but he's way too much a runner, and we saw what can happen if people play disciplined run stop against them. And the Steelers are imploding because Tomlin can't contain the locker room issues. Going to be interesting if they don't match Bell and trade AB. Still a lot of talent on that roster.

Even though I think the Browns will stack up well vs almost anyone next year, the AFCN probably won't put up the strongest competition. Plus, instead of a top 3 SOS we'll have a 14-18th strength of schedule making a much easier path to the playoffs.

Things look bright for Brownieville as long as we don't find another way to piss it all away.

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Where does Bridgewater end up?

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

I think hes basically the definition of a stopgap but I dunno who would even want him (assuming JAX gets Foles and CIN keeps Dalton)
    I just dont think he's competent at all.

Leave a comment:

• whatdoyouwant711
    replied

I don't think Tannehill is even a stopgap, but what do I know?
    I think hes basically the definition of a stopgap but I dunno who would even want him (assuming JAX gets Foles and CIN keeps Dalton)

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    I understand reserved optimism for the Browns, but the north does seem up for grabs right now.

Mayfield was surprisingly good, and they look to be in great shape offensively with Kareem Hunt.
    The North is a mess right now.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    I understand reserved optimism for the Browns, but the north does seem up for grabs right now.

Mayfield was surprisingly good, and they look to be in great shape offensively with Kareem Hunt.

Leave a comment:

• Castiron
    replied
    Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Probably, but I do expect them to win the North at this point. That division will be hot molten garbage next year unless Lamar learns to throw, Ben shuts up, and the Bengals new coach doesn't suck. I expect none of that to happen.
    It's possible, but I always counsel cautious optimism especially with the Browns.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X