The Cousins to 49ers scenario

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cousins to 49ers scenario

What does everyone think of Walt's post today? If Cousins gets franchised again, is he worth two first round picks to obtain, especially for a team devoid of talent like SF? I don't believe he's worth that much. He seems to be in that Andy Dalton tier of guys who can get the job done with support, but not carry a crap team. Which is what he would be asked to do in San Francisco.
    sigpic

I think Washington is going to make the tragic mistake of paying Cousins like a superstar and becoming hamstrung by his ridiculous contract for another 3 years.
    Originally posted by jepg
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    Blue is right

Comment

I saw this whole mess coming. Yay me!
      ~

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
        I think Washington is going to make the tragic mistake of paying Cousins like a superstar and becoming hamstrung by his ridiculous contract for another 3 years.
        Second.

Comment

Cousins costing 2 first round picks including 2nd overall and/or receiving more money than Andrew Luck is seriously lolworthy
          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

The only thing that would prevent me from making the trade is his age. He's 29, that's not great considering the cost. It's like Walt said, that's 5 to 8 years at best. I don't think that's worth 2 first round picks.

I think the best thing to do is let him hit free agency. If they lose him, big deal. There's always QBs in the draft

Comment

Originally posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
              I think the best thing to do is let him hit free agency. If they lose him, big deal. There's always QBs in the draft
              Tell it to the Texans (and plenty of other teams). If we have no QB, that sets back team big time. Sad fact is Cousins has all the leverage.

As for a trade, the price doesn't have to be two 1st round picks if the Redskins agree to take less. If they let him leave via free agency, they'll get nothing but a comp pick (assuming they don't spend a fortune on free agents of their own).
              ~

Comment

I guess it's not impossible, but it would be absolutely shocking to see San Francisco give up the 2nd overall pick, let alone another selection, for Kirk Cousins. So a more likely scenario would be a trade, probably SF's 2nd round pick this year and a 2018 1st in exchange for Cousins.

Still an incredible amount to give up for an average, maybe above-average, quarterback.
                I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                Blue is right

Comment

Percentages pulled from my posterior:

60%: Redskins sign Cousins to some obscene long-term deal
                  30%: Cousins plays 2017 under the tag (also obscene from my point of view: $24 million for another 1 year rental, then he's gone for free)
                  9%: Some kind of trade
                  1% Giant meteor hits the earth

~

Comment

Working...
                  X