2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

You can put the free agency rumors and stuff in here. I believe they can begin negotiations tomorrow.

The Buccaneers and defensive end William Gholston have agreed to terms on a new contract, a source tells Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (on Twitter).

It

Comment

I can't figure out copy/paste. 5 years, 37MM, 13.5 guaranteed

Comment

Doesn't look like Cleveland will resign Terrelle Pryor, despite the fact that Pryor by all accounts wants to stay.

Johnnyallstar, you still optimistic about this front office, which let multiple quality players leave in free agency last year, if they let Pryor walk with around $105 million in cap space?
        Originally posted by jepg
        I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
        Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
          I can't figure out copy/paste. 5 years, 37MM, 13.5 guaranteed.
          Copy/paste is busted because forum doesn't recognize quotemarks and other special characters often used by other sites. If you keep reposting and then editing by hand with the keyboard where your pasted text is cut off, you'll get it eventually.

But it is a huge pain.
          ~

Comment

Steelers are working on a long term deal with Bell. They are also interested in Terrell Pryor, and have inquired about Mike Glennon. I could actually see Pryor, as he'd be going to his hometown team, and no doubt Tomlin remembers that 80 yard embarrassment of a scramble when they played the Raiders. Glennon is a massive longshot, as that man is about to get paid. Good on him for channeling his inner Matt Flynn/Charlie Whitehurst.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
              Doesn't look like Cleveland will resign Terrelle Pryor, despite the fact that Pryor by all accounts wants to stay.

Johnnyallstar, you still optimistic about this front office, which let multiple quality players leave in free agency last year, if they let Pryor walk with around $105 million in cap space?
              It will definitely be a disappointment if they cannot come to agreement before the deadline hits. I'm not crapping on them yet for taking so long because his agents are the same agents as Antonio Brown's, and they had been focusing on getting the Brown contract down since it was such large money, and put Pryor on the back burner. Supposedly the agents are at the combine to work with the Browns FO now, but we'll see.

I know you just want to point at the Browns FO for being completely incompetent because the agents were working on other cases, but it's not solely the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

It will definitely be a disappointment if they cannot come to agreement before the deadline hits. I'm not crapping on them yet for taking so long because his agents are the same agents as Antonio Brown's, and they had been focusing on getting the Brown contract down since it was such large money, and put Pryor on the back burner. Supposedly the agents are at the combine to work with the Browns FO now, but we'll see.

I know you just want to point at the Browns FO for being completely incompetent because the agents were working on other cases, but it's not solely the case here.
                That's not an excuse because Cleveland could have simply tagged him while working out a deal and chose not to. Why would they wait on Pryor's agents?

Especially since Brown had another year left on his deal and therefore should have been less of a priority for the agents. Sounds to me that the agency knew they could get more money in FA than what Cleveland was offering.
                Last edited by Blue; 03-07-2017, 12:11 AM.

Blue is right

Comment

That's not an excuse because Cleveland could have simply tagged him while working out a deal and chose not to. Why would they wait on Pryor's agents?

Especially since Brown had another year left on his deal and therefore should have been less of a priority for the agents. Sounds to me that the agency knew they could get more money in FA than what Cleveland was offering.
                  Well, I don't know what you want from me then.

Comment

Well, I don't know what you want from me then.
                    I want you to stop hurting yourself, friend; "be at enmity with cozening hope: he is a flatterer, a parasite, a keeper back of death."

Blue is right

Comment

I want you to stop hurting yourself, friend.
                      So maybe root for a team that instead has kept one of the generation's best QBs from succeeding?

Comment

So maybe root for a team that instead has kept one of the generation's best QBs from succeeding?

Blue is right

Comment

Only one? Dilfer has that many rings.

Comment

Only one? Dilfer has that many rings.
                            Which is, incidentally, one more than Cleveland has won since my parents were born.

Blue is right

Comment

Which is, incidentally, one more than Cleveland has won since my parents were born.
                              Which has no bearing on the fact that Green Bay has been wasting a valuable career. Should have been easier, considering we didn't contest it from you guys, but apparently you guys can't manage to win a second despite having one of the best QBs in the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X