No announcement yet.

2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reports show the Jets don't want to pay Glennon $14M/year. Good. To the Bears you go.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
      Reports show the Jets don't want to pay Glennon $14M/year. Good. To the Bears you go.
      I still find it hard to believe that any team will pay him that much. The Bears will have their pick among this year's QBs if San Fran lands Cousins. Paying Glennon over drafting your choice of Trubisky, Kizer, or Watson just seems moronic. Or even the second of those three. And probably the third too.

Comment

Come on now, $14 million a year is a bargain!

~

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

Which has no bearing on the fact that Green Bay has been wasting a valuable career. Should have been easier, considering we didn't contest it from you guys, but apparently you guys can't manage to win a second despite having one of the best QBs in the game.
          Which has no bearing on the fact that you, as a Cleveland fan, have no business trying to talk **** to anyone. Let alone a fan of a franchise that has won two Super Bowls within your lifetime. Lol.

The fans of 31 other teams do appreciate your suffering though, since it makes the rest of us appreciate what we have even more.
          Originally posted by jepg
          I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
          Blue is right

Comment

DJ Fluker released, what? I didn't think he was THAT bad, was he?

Blue is right

Comment

I guess I'll be rooting for Okung and Marshall for the Giants

Comment

T-minus *****es.

Wonder if Vegas has odds on who's the first announced signing.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post

Which has no bearing on the fact that you, as a Cleveland fan, have no business trying to talk **** to anyone. Let alone a fan of a franchise that has won two Super Bowls within your lifetime. Lol.

The fans of 31 other teams do appreciate your suffering though, since it makes the rest of us appreciate what we have even more.
                  So why, at 1 in the morning did you just call me out about a player that if we did resign you no doubt would have crapped all over because "overpaying?" Did you really feel the need for some schadenfreude so badly, that you wanted me to be angry and upset about something that as of yet I had no reason to be?

If you want crying and moaning try to find Gong, he's always good for it. Otherwise, just keep watching Green Bay fall short of any and all hopes of actually taking home another Lombardi while Mike McCarthy continues to prove that he caught lightning in a bottle once, but has no clue how to do it again.

Comment

Prices, via Joel Corry.
                    ~

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I still find it hard to believe that any team will pay him that much. The Bears will have their pick among this year's QBs if San Fran lands Cousins. Paying Glennon over drafting your choice of Trubisky, Kizer, or Watson just seems moronic. Or even the second of those three. And probably the third too.
                      From what I read earlier, even at $14 million a year, he'll be something like the 28th highest paid QB in the league. QB is one of those "premium positions" you need to over pay on....

And I don't consider drafting Trubisky as over drafting by much. Post-Combine, I see him as the 7th or 8th best player in the draft at this point. In terms of team needs for the Bears, he's probably #2 after Garrett.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post

So why, at 1 in the morning did you just call me out about a player that if we did resign you no doubt would have crapped all over because "overpaying?" Did you really feel the need for some schadenfreude so badly, that you wanted me to be angry and upset about something that as of yet I had no reason to be?

If you want crying and moaning try to find Gong, he's always good for it. Otherwise, just keep watching Green Bay fall short of any and all hopes of actually taking home another Lombardi while Mike McCarthy continues to prove that he caught lightning in a bottle once, but has no clue how to do it again.
                        Because I was awake and you get really mad when I point out Cleveland is institutionally incapable of making smart decisions maybe?

I will happily continue watching Green Bay win the division every year over watching Cleveland flail to 2-14. At least I haven't been Stockholm Syndrome'd into believing GB's front office has any idea what the hell they're doing.

Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by KTB View Post

From what I read earlier, even at $14 million a year, he'll be something like the 28th highest paid QB in the league. QB is one of those "premium positions" you need to over pay on....
                          No, you don't. Paying that much to a backup caliber quarterback just hurts a team's financial flexibility while not significantly improving the roster in any way.

Blue is right

Comment

Originally posted by KTB View Post

And I don't consider drafting Trubisky as over drafting by much. Post-Combine, I see him as the 7th or 8th best player in the draft at this point. In terms of team needs for the Bears, he's probably #2 after Garrett.
                            Oh yeah. If you think a QB is going to be your franchise guy, I don't care if he's the 20th best player, take him first overall. You have a QB or you have nothing.

The thing with Glennon is I don't think he's going to do a damn thing for your team. He sucks. And $14 million a year could get you any other free agent stud player, so why not save the money and take a risk on a drafted QB? At least there's a chance they won't be terrible.
                            And even with Garrett, there's risk. He's a stud, but so was Clowney, and he's taken forever to deliver. If I was the Bears, I'd be dreading the chances of signing Glennon.

Who would yall draft anyway? Garrett will be gone, so you can take waterweight Fournette third overall in a stud RB class, or Jonathan Arthritis if he's even still there. After they both had problems, I see a significant dropoff from the best player to the second best player in this class.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post

Because I was awake and you get really mad when I point out Cleveland is institutionally incapable of making smart decisions maybe?
                              Neutral third party. You definitely were the instigator there.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Neutral third party. You definitely were the instigator there.
                                I'm not denying that.

I don't know why Johnny keeps defending the dumb things this team does, though.

Blue is right

Comment

Working...
                                X