No announcement yet.

2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like the Cowboys keep T-Wil, so that's something.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue View Post
      Guards getting $9+ million per year is absolutely insane to me.
      So, Forrest Lamp top 25?
      ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
        Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
        The #Lions deal for former #Packers G TJ Lang: $9.5M average for 3 years with $19M fully guaranteed, source said.
        ======
        ~
        Detroit's line coming together pretty nicely right now.

Comment

• Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 17m17 minutes ago
          The Jets have been in touch with QB Jay Cutler, source said, & are keeping tabs on him. Expect a visit as they explore their options at QB
          ================

Great news for Siena!
          ~

Comment

So, Forrest Lamp top 25?
            ~
            I doubt it. Remember when Jairus Byrd got paid huge bucks by New Orleans a couple years ago, along with a few other safeties? I remember a lot of people arguing that meant HaHa Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor would be drafted super early because the NFL suddenly valued safeties more for some unexplained reason. Reality was that the NFL didn't like the safeties coming out and were willing to pay more for proven commodities instead. I think much the same will happen with the rookie guards.
            Originally posted by jepg
            I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
            Blue is right

Comment

I doubt it. Remember when Jairus Byrd got paid huge bucks by New Orleans a couple years ago, along with a few other safeties? I remember a lot of people arguing that meant HaHa Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor would be drafted super early because the NFL suddenly valued safeties more for some unexplained reason. Reality was that the NFL didn't like the safeties coming out and were willing to pay more for proven commodities instead. I think much the same will happen with the rookie guards.
              One guy at CBS have him going to the Dolphins at 22, two have him going to the Seahawks at 26, and two have him going to you guys.

And they are all EXPERTS. It says so right there on the page!
              ~

Comment

One guy at CBS have him going to the Dolphins at 22, two have him going to the Seahawks at 26, and two have him going to you guys.

And they are all EXPERTS. It says so right there on the page!
                ~
                Sending Green Bay an offensive lineman early is dumb as ****. They traded up to draft Jason Spriggs in the 2nd last year, and neither Linsley nor Taylor needs to be replaced. Besides which, Lang, Sitton, and Tretter were all selected outside the top-100 picks in their respective drafts. Why would Green Bay spend a higher pick to replace them?

Blue is right

Comment

Sending Green Bay an offensive lineman early is dumb as ****. They traded up to draft Jason Spriggs in the 2nd last year, and neither Linsley nor Taylor needs to be replaced. Besides which, Lang, Sitton, and Tretter were all selected outside the top-100 picks in their respective drafts. Why would Green Bay spend a higher pick to replace them?
                  Maybe they try drafting a higher pick replacement due to a lack of having an entrenched starter causing them to need a higher success rate from the player they pick? Then again, I don't know if the Packers had entrenched starters when Lang and Sitton were picked. I don't think the Packers will take a guard early unless they like him a lot. I do think the Lions would be willing to trade Laken Tomlinson though.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

Maybe they try drafting a higher pick replacement due to a lack of having an entrenched starter causing them to need a higher success rate from the player they pick? Then again, I don't know if the Packers had entrenched starters when Lang and Sitton were picked. I don't think the Packers will take a guard early unless they like him a lot. I do think the Lions would be willing to trade Laken Tomlinson though.
                    The only players Thompson has taken in the first round were left tackle prospects. They've drafted just three linemen in the top-100 in the past ten years. Since 2013, they have gotten 83 starts from undrafted free agents and 47 starts from top-100 selections (all but three from Bryan Bulaga) on the offensive line.

Prior to Lang and Sitton, they had Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz at guard. Real big-time players they had there.
                    Last edited by Blue; 03-13-2017, 12:49 PM.

Blue is right

Comment

• I don't see what you guys think a tweener guard/tackle that scouts seem to really love and blew away the combine going in the early 20s is so crazy. That seems like the right range.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                        I don't see what you guys think a tweener guard/tackle that scouts seem to really love and blew away the combine going in the early 20s is so crazy. That seems like the right range.
                        I don't think it's crazy. I think it's crazy to make the assumption that he's going in the 20s because teams are throwing $10m/year at guards in free agency.

Blue is right

Comment

• Well we missed out on Bennie Logan, Chiefs got him.
                          ~

Comment

I don't think it's crazy. I think it's crazy to make the assumption that he's going in the 20s because teams are throwing $10m/year at guards in free agency.
                            Gotcha.

I'd agree then. I don't think guards are getting more valuable; salaries go up every year and there's some really good guards on the market.

Comment

• Should I be happy about the Bennie signing? Don't like the one year deal, makes me think we are not very certain with a player that will be playing a key role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snake View Post
                                Should I be happy about the Bennie signing? Don't like the one year deal, makes me think we are not very certain with a player that will be playing a key role.
                                He's better than Poe.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X