2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 1h1 hour ago
    Less than 4 years later, 7 of the top 12 picks in the 2013 draft have been dumped by their drafting teams.
    -----
    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
      Seattle goes from Beast Mode to Feast Mode? Cool.
      Ha! He's a hungry player. He'll chew up yards.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
        Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 1h1 hour ago
        Less than 4 years later, 7 of the top 12 picks in the 2013 draft have been dumped by their drafting teams.
        -----
        ~
        That 2013 class was such a dumpster fire that Eric Fisher, a developmental tackle from the MAC, went 1st overall. No surprise. Incredibly, Dion Jordan is one of those 5 picks who haven't been released or traded.

Green Bay took Datone Jones, whom I was never more than lukewarm on in the draft process, directly ahead of Nuk Hopkins (whom I loved), 11 picks ahead of Gio Bernard (whom I liked a lot), and 18 picks ahead of Kawann Short (whom I had as a preseason top-5 pick).
        Originally posted by jepg
        I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
        Blue is right

Comment

• EJ Manuel and Geno Smith were the top two QBs selected that year IIRC.

Comment

• It still amazes me just how bad the 2013 draft class was. At least the Steelers got Bell out of the deal. And Vince Williams hasn't been a bad player for a 6th round pick.
            sigpic

Comment

• Dallas traded down from 18 to 31 that year and somehow came away with easily the best interior OL from a draft that featured 2 guards in the Top 10.

they also took Gavin Escobar ahead of Bell, Lacy, Travis Kelce, Jordan Reed, etc
              CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue View Post

That 2013 class was such a dumpster fire that Eric Fisher, a developmental tackle from the MAC, went 1st overall. No surprise. Incredibly, Dion Jordan is one of those 5 picks who haven't been released or traded.

Green Bay took Datone Jones, whom I was never more than lukewarm on in the draft process, directly ahead of Nuk Hopkins (whom I loved), 11 picks ahead of Gio Bernard (whom I liked a lot), and 18 picks ahead of Kawann Short (whom I had as a preseason top-5 pick).
                Can you imagine Short next to Daniels?

Also, I think I'd like if the Packers drafted Samaje Perine in the 3rd. He's grown on me a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

I think they mostly used Cravens at LB last year so I wouldn't think so. I have no idea who the Redskins even have at ILB apart from him
                  Now that I think about it, Swearinger would be fantastic in that ILB role. Kid hits like a Mack truck.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• The thing I remember most about the 2013 class is how dumb everyone thought it would be for the Titans to take Desmond Trufant over Chance ****ing Warmack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post

Can you imagine Short next to Daniels?

Also, I think I'd like if the Packers drafted Samaje Perine in the 3rd. He's grown on me a lot.
                      If Thompson's college scouting department had a clue, I wouldn't have to.

I like Perine too. Think he's getting lost in the shuffle.
                      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                      Blue is right

Comment

• Perine is a beast, at least.

Comment

• Everyone likes Samaje Perine.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Now that I think about it, Swearinger would be fantastic in that ILB role. Kid hits like a Mack truck.
                          He served as the free safety to Tony Jefferson in single high looks. Actually a free safety now that his hits aren't penalized like earlier in his career.

Comment

• Why are the Jets trying to overpay for Dont'a Hightower??

It doesn't even seem like a ploy to get New England to pay more either.

They won't commit to a rebuild. It's maddening!
                            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                              Why are the Jets trying to overpay for Dont'a Hightower??

Rapoport thinks he's making the call today and will probably stay with the Pats.
                              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                                Why are the Jets trying to overpay for Dont'a Hightower??

Because they're a bad organization?
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X