Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NFL Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Redskins news:

    Released Ricky Jean Francois.

    Resigned Ziggy Hood to a 2 year deal.
    ~

    Comment


    • Titans restructure/extend Wesley Woodyard. Two year deal, base salary of 2.2 million this year.

      Also, Jourdan Lewis was arrested for domestic assault. Bummer.

      Comment


      • Vikings sign Latavious Murray. I'd have liked to listen in on the discussion that led to that decision.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

        Lol

        Comment


        • ,
          Originally posted by Daniel View Post
          Titans restructure/extend Wesley Woodyard. Two year deal, base salary of 2.2 million this year.

          Also, Jourdan Lewis was arrested for domestic assault. Bummer.
          No, he was charged, but not arrested. She had no apparent injuries and he wasn't there when police arrived.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
            ,

            No, he was charged, but not arrested. She had no apparent injuries and he wasn't there when police arrived.
            Yeah, Lewis seems like the least likely Michigan guy to be guilty of domestic violence. At this point we may not know anything more until after the draft though.
            http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

            Comment


            • I want to hear details, but the timing of it suggests there was an argument about money and things got heated. Whether he hit her or not, who knows.
              Originally posted by jepg
              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

              I should be put on an island and nuked.
              Originally posted by jepg
              Blue is right

              Comment


              • According to Albert Breer, the McCloughan-Allen beef centered around Cousins. (And a couple other players, to a lesser extent.)
                ~

                Comment


                • Falcons sign Dontari Poe. 1 year, $8 million.

                  Comment


                  • Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago

                    Falcons gave former Chiefs' DT Dontari Poe a one-year, $8 million deal that could increase to $10M with incentives, per source.
                    ======
                    ~
                    Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 03-16-2017, 01:04 PM. Reason: Ninjaed by Daniel. Damn you, walter forum formatting!

                    Comment


                    • So it seems both Poe and Bennie Logan are hoping the NT market will be better next year.

                      Your move, Johnathan Hankins.
                      ~

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                        According to Albert Breer, the McCloughan-Allen beef centered around Cousins. (And a couple other players, to a lesser extent.)
                        ~
                        Bashaud Breeland denied that there was any friction between himself and McCloughan. Basically called Breer a liar. Judge for yourself.
                        Originally posted by jepg
                        I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                        I should be put on an island and nuked.
                        Originally posted by jepg
                        Blue is right

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Blue View Post

                          Bashaud Breeland denied that there was any friction between himself and McCloughan. Basically called Breer a liar. Judge for yourself.
                          Friction between Breeland and McCloughan wasn't alleged. It was Allen objecting to McCloughan taking it upon himself to talk to Breeland (as opposed to leaving it up to the coaches).
                          ~

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

                            Friction between Breeland and McCloughan wasn't alleged.
                            ~
                            It unequivocally was.

                            But after practice, in the locker room, McCloughan saw Breeland coming out of the shower and bluntly told the third-year corner to come to his office after he was dressed. Word of the confrontation got around, and it led to another squabble in the front office over boundaries.

                            As was the case with Cravens, some players believed Breeland needed to be shaken and didn't mind McCloughan doing it.
                            Originally posted by jepg
                            I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                            I should be put on an island and nuked.
                            Originally posted by jepg
                            Blue is right

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blue View Post

                              It unequivocally was.
                              If that's friction, then there's FRICTION between Bill Belichick and every player who's played for the Patriots while he's been there. I've seen the incident mentioned in the press, but no one ever suggested it was any lasting thing. It was with Allen, though, apparently.
                              ~

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

                                If that's friction, then there's FRICTION between Bill Belichick and every player who's played for the Patriots while he's been there. I've seen the incident mentioned in the press, but no one ever suggested it was any lasting thing. It was with Allen, though, apparently.
                                ~
                                I really don't see how you can read "confrontation" and "needed to be shaken" and don't see that as an allegation that there was friction between the two of them, even if was just for that one occurrence.

                                Allen, by contrast, is not mentioned at all in that portion of the article. Breer just vaguely claims, without any actual evidence, that other people in the organization might have taken an issue with it. That could range from anyone from other players to the Washington PR staff, and for all we know, nobody cared. Breer seems to think it's "clearly" an issue but never actually states why it ought to be "clear." It's the same deal with the Cravens portion, where Breer states that some of the players were fine with it but couches the "on the other hand" portion in terms that show he has no actual proof there was even any dissent in the org.

                                Which I guess means my biggest issue with the piece is that Breer is dressing up pure speculation as "reporting." This probably wouldn't garner a passing grade in an upper-level journalism class.
                                Last edited by Blue; 03-16-2017, 01:54 PM.
                                Originally posted by jepg
                                I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                                I should be put on an island and nuked.
                                Originally posted by jepg
                                Blue is right

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X