This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Survivor pool discussion thread

It's that time again, to pit your knowledge on winning and losing, one weekend at a time. Last year it came down to a point differential between 10 winners.

Starting week one, Pittsburgh (@ CLE) are the pick favorites, followed by Buffalo (vs NYJ), and then Atlanta (@ CHI). Personally, I'm going Atlanta vs one of the weaker defenses in the league, who didn't help themselves much in the offseason.

My dark horse for this week is the LA Rams home against a Tolzein lead Colts team. It might be one of the few times it's safe to pick them this year. Though it's doubtful that Aaron Donald plays this week.
    Last edited by Johnnyallstar; 09-04-2017, 03:55 PM.

Right now I have Pittsburgh. I'd like to have picked Buffalo or NY Jets, but they're playing each other. Let's see who wants it less!

The other big spread is KC at New England. My only fear here is K.C.'s pass rush might hurt Tom Tom Club.
    ~

Comment

is this where we give our pick for the survivor pool if it is i will take the carolina panthers

Comment

No you post in on the main site. There is a link to the Contest there.
        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Here is that link.

P.S. I'm rethinking the Steelers pick. Going through the survivor schedule, it seems much better to use them as a home team later in the season.
          ~

Comment

Hm, this might be the time to take Buffalo. It might be the ONLY time to take Buffalo.

Comment

I get why people are taking Buffalo, but they're starting a rookie QB. I think that's a bit too risky for me.

Comment

Also, it seems like Buffalo is looking to tank their season, too. So that's a no-go for me.
                ~

Comment

What happens if you take Tampa or Miami and they don't play? I mean, technically they didn't lose, but they didn't win or tie either.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

I think it'll work similar to a tie. You're out because you picked somebody who didn't win. Best guess, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                      Also, it seems like Buffalo is looking to tank their season, too. So that's a no-go for me.
                      OTOH, Vegas has the Bills-Jets spread all the way out to -9 1/2 at MGM and Westgate. That's the largest of the week. And it'd be huge to get away with not using Patriots, Falcons, or Steelers this week..
                      ~

Comment

I think taking the Bills this week is wise. This is the classic September home game they win to get their fanbase excited before finishing with 5 or 6 wins
                        CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

I'm going Bills

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                            I'm going Bills
                            I've gone all the way from "no-go for me" to I have the Bills. Hope I don't jinx us all!
                            ~

Comment

Bills

Comment

Working...
                              X