No announcement yet.

Lenny scouts prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I definitely think the Broncos go QB in Rd. 1. Especially since Cousins has apparently narrowed it down to the Jets and Vikings.
    sigpic

Comment

Here are some early running backs thoughts. I don't have many hot takes, the tops guys for most are pretty much my top guys. I'll probably need another day of FILM before I finalize my rankings.

Saquon is the real deal obviously. There are times where it just looks like he's playing against kids. Love how much he moves around in Penn State's offense, it's clear their offense rode through him. None of this is news, but this was just the first time I sat down and watched a lot of Penn State.

Sony Michel is probably my number two back. I watched both him and Nick Chubb against Alabama. Impressive to see the success he had vs Chubb struggling against them. Dude's just electric.

Derrius Guice was another guy I liked a ton. Good quick and powerful runner. Seems like every play with him is a positive one.

Nyheim Hines was probably my favorite back outside of the big dogs. So fun to watch when he gets into the open field. ****ing lightning quick and I like his hands. Would be an amazing number two guy.

Royce Freeman was another later round guy I liked. Shame he's had so many touches already. Similar to Guice, he seems like a guy that produces a positive play every time he touches the ball. For a guy his size though he plays pretty weak.
      sigpic

Comment

What's your opinion of Kerryon?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
          What's your opinion of Kerryon?
          Still working on him. Only saw one game of him and apparently he was dealing with a hamstring injury. But the biggest thing that jumped out was how patient of a runner he was. Really good at finding gaps. I'll have to check around for games where he's healthy because I really didn't get a feel for his speed or power (probably because of the hamstring). I do see the hype on him.
          sigpic

Comment

Kerryon looks pretty good. I still like Penny.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny View Post

Still working on him. Only saw one game of him and apparently he was dealing with a hamstring injury. But the biggest thing that jumped out was how patient of a runner he was. Really good at finding gaps. I'll have to check around for games where he's healthy because I really didn't get a feel for his speed or power (probably because of the hamstring). I do see the hype on him.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
              Kerryon looks pretty good. I still like Penny.
              I had Kerryon as my No. 2 back before the combine. Now I'm wondering about Guice jumping him.

I loved Penny at the combine; thought he looked like a potential steal. Haven't seen any of his game tape though.

Comment

What in particular makes Kerryon your number two guy, Daniel? I've watched more of him and it was better tape. Has a good initial burst when he finds a crease. Other than that he just seemed well rounded. Kind of so-so speed but I can see him as the main guy. Wasn't the most exciting tape.

Sometimes it's tough to rank running backs because there are really explosive and exciting guys to watch but I know with their size they'll only be number two options vs guys like Kerryon who don't really excite me but kind of do everything well and I could see being the main guy in a 1-2 punch.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know what Jaylen Samuels is, but he's my favorite
                  CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Here are my running back rankings. This was tough. People weren't lying when they said this class was incredibly deep. I'm pretty much going to solely use cliches and the word explosive in my descriptions.

1. Saquon Barkley: I have nothing new to add. He's good.
                    2. Sony Michel: Probably my favorite guy to watch. Nice hands, elusive, surprisingly powerful. Very well rounded back and can be a number one guy.
                    3. Derrius Guice: Another well rounded back. Seems like every time he touches the ball it's a positive play.
                    4. John Kelly: Almost didn't watch him, but I'm glad he did. This guy is a workhorse and one of the tougher tackles I watched. Good hands, good cuts. Just a hell of a playmaker.
                    5. Kerryon Johnson: Like I said earlier, outside of his patience and initial burst nothing 'wowed' me. But that's not a bad thing. He does most things well. Meh on his speed though.
                    6. Nick Chubb: Watched him against Alabama and wasn't a fan. Other games opened my eyes though. Really nice outside runner and strong in the open field. Would be a great number two guy.
                    7. Ronald Jones: He's fast and smooth. Also, think he's overrated. I see some 1st round grades on him and I don't honestly see it.
                    8. Rashaad Penny: I was stunned when I found out he's 220. So damn fast and agile with fantastic power. As I'm writing this I could maybe see myself moving him up to 6.
                    9. Nyheim Hines: Undersized. But a perfect number two back. Good pass catcher and elusive in the open field.
                    10. Mark Walton: Just another damn good playmaker. Would be a perfect number two guy. Does dance around a tad much, but I don't blame it because it works a ton for him.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                      Here are my running back rankings. This was tough. People weren't lying when they said this class was incredibly deep. I'm pretty much going to solely use cliches and the word explosive in my descriptions.
                      Don't forget "quicker than fast". Or "brings his lunch pail to work".
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Don't forget "quicker than fast". Or "brings his lunch pail to work".
                        Gotta save some stuff for my middle linebacker and tight end rankings.
                        sigpic

Comment

I assume you were watching early games like Florida for you to have John Kelly ranked so high. He looked all-world at the start of the season, but looked like a UDFA in the later games. I'm not sure if he gave up, was dealing with injury, or just wasn't ever that good a player, but there was definitely inconsistent play.

Comment

That's actually the case lol. I'll have to check out his later games then.
                            sigpic

Comment

Calvin Ridley is the real deal. Nice cuts, moves with the QB, great positioning on routes. I guess if I'm nitpicking he's not the strongest WR in the draft and won't be breaking many tackles at the NFL level.
                              sigpic

Comment

First day of receiver scouting done.

Auden Tate: Gigantic. Athletic, loves jump balls. Pretty slow, almost never gets separation. He's pretty much going to have to rely on his size at the next level, box guys out etc. QB play kinda sucked. Route running was forgettable.

Christian Kirk: Damn good. Versatile. Quick on routes, good cuts. An ideal slot guy. Would love Denver to grab him.

Courtland Sutton: Another big guy. Route running was just okay to me. Physical, good use of his size. Makes nice adjustments. QB play again was kinda meh to me. Not blazing fast.

Deon Cain: I try to avoid looking at draft grades and consensus until after I scout guys. Was surprised to see him ranked as a top guy. Pretty forgettable. Was physical, made solid adjustments on passes. Solid route runner. For a guy who ran a 4.4 he played a lot slower than that.

James Washington: Really liked him. Reliable hands, good speed and separation. Really gets good positioning on deep throws.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X