Reggie Bush between the tackles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Bush between the tackles

People don't think of Reggie Bush as being an in-between-the-tackles runner, but Reggie's numbers between the tackles are pretty good.

In 2008, Reg took 60 carries between the tackles and got 260 yards, a not-bad 4.63 yards per carry.

He tried the outside 43 times, and got 133 yards for 3.09 ypc.

Interesting...
    This is my signature.

it's not that he can't run between the tackles, it's that he can't run in there all the time or his body won't hold up.

Comment

Where did you get these stats from?
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Reggie Bush is a pussy and a bust in my book. He might as well just switch to WR full time because he's pretty much useless as a runner. Pierre Thomas is soo much better, I knew whoever got him was going to get a steal. He would have been a Day 1 draft pick if he didn't get hurt all the time for Illinois.

Btw, i'm going out on a limb and picking the Lions to get their first win agains the Aint's this week.

Comment

I don't think Reggie is a bust. He hasn't lived up to expectations but I still think he can be a playmaker if used correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by phenomenal_waffles View Post
            I don't think Reggie is a bust. He hasn't lived up to expectations but I still think he can be a playmaker if used correctly.
            A No. 2 runningback is supposed to be in the mold of an Adrian Peterson because of the lack of positional demand in the NFL.

The less demand a position has, the more talent the player must command to have adequate value to be taken as an elite pick (such as a guard or 5 technique in the top 10).

But the more demand a position the players value automatically goes up most of the time (Alex Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Joe Thomas over A.D., etc.)

Reggie Bush isn't a featured back. Everyone even I thougth he was the next Gael Sayers. He will never live up to the expectations of a #1 back...therefore he is somewhat of a bust.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              A No. 2 runningback is supposed to be in the mold of an Adrian Peterson because of the lack of positional demand in the NFL.

The less demand a position has, the more talent the player must command to have adequate value to be taken as an elite pick (such as a guard or 5 technique in the top 10).

But the more demand a position the players value automatically goes up most of the time (Alex Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Joe Thomas over A.D., etc.)

Reggie Bush isn't a featured back. Everyone even I thougth he was the next Gael Sayers. He will never live up to the expectations of a #1 back...therefore he is somewhat of a bust.
              x2

Seriously, Pierre Thomas is a more complete back for fvkcs sake.

Comment

Working...
              X