No announcement yet.

The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I hurt my left shoulder somehow. I just could not do lateral raises because it hurt too much

Probably from flyes. I think I'm going to stop doing them

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Comment

• yo swag, I decided to start taking protein powder, is this any good?

Comment

• There is a list of things you want to look for whenever evaluating any supplement, but protein is the easiest. You typically don't want carbohydrates or fats in your protein shake, some brands love to do that and boast that it digests at different rates, but really it causes more fat storage than I think it is worth. That being said, having some fruit or something like that -- pineapple or lemon are the best -- with the fruit for the natural sugars and insulin spike is better than whatever processed blend that a supplement company will put in a product to cause that spike.

The other component to pay attention to is the metal content, some brands *cough* Muscle Milk *cough* load their shakes up with heavy metals (like 50% of your DRV, which is insanely bad for your organs) and the aforementioned fats and carbs.

Final -- Amount of protein per serving, most humans cannot effectively metabolize more than 30-35g of protein per sitting. To clarify, humans can metabolize it, but then it becomes a discussion of utility and cost because at that point the returns on it starts to diminish heavily.

TL;DR: Yes.
          Originally posted by Daniel
          Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
          lmao

Comment

• And I've counted grams of protein for the foods I ate during school and noticed that they hover around 130g even though i tried to get as much as I could.

Would it have been possible to get decent muscle growth with that kind of protein deficit (I weighed around 170ish during those times)

Comment

• I was getting 180+ every day on a vegetarian diet.

You had to have been eating more than that

Comment

• Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
                I was getting 180+ every day on a vegetarian diet.

You had to have been eating more than that
                I looked at our dining hall's nutrition facts online, and added all that stuff up, not sure how reliable that stuff is though

Comment

• Prodigy do you drink a soy milk?

Any recommendations.
                  Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                  lmao

Comment

• soy milk is nasty

Comment

• I don't intend to drink it on its own.

That's how you sound.
                      lmao

Comment

• SwAg, I read through the creo guide in the front, but I have a few questions about it. A bunch of the football players at my school take it and I wanted to know more.

- I read it adds water weight. Does that make the muscle it creates weaker in any way?

- I am doing baseball workouts (drills and such with some conditioning two times a week) and every other day doing a P90x core workout. I am not actively lifting. In a week my high school season starts, and I will stop doing the twice a week stuff and I will have practice every day and just do the core stuff when I get home. Should I wait until after the season to start using creo if I plan to start lifting hard this summer/fall? Or should I start it now? I heard it helps with pitching a little bit. Is it bad to use if not lifting?

-Also, not related to creo: what's your opinion on working out mid season while playing games and such? Some people say it helps, but others say they get sore and tired and it hurts their performance. Thoughts?

Comment

• Also, muscle milk had metal? Considering I drink one of these every day can you explain that too?

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                            Prodigy do you drink a soy milk?

Any recommendations.
                            Way late here

Im not a fan of soy milk, I stick to Almond milk only

Comment

• Chocolate Almond milk is teh tits.

teh ****ing tits, I tells ya.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                              I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Curious about any of your thoughts regarding sets per muscle and total sets per workout, also whether you should make sure it burns or youre exhausted before you stop working a certain muscle
                                Owner of the cutest signature on WF

Comment

Working...
                                X