The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
    For the first time ever, I'm actually having a hard time with a body part not working correctly

My left shoulder has always been kinda funky, but now since I'm trying to really come back to working out, it's really giving me problems. When I do bench I end up chicken winging on that side real bad, and in general I can tell how much weaker it is.

Don't tell me to change jacking off sides, because I've always used my left.

A friend of mine who's really into personal training and fitness science told me to do certain workouts with it to stretch it out, and when I did so I could definitely tell it was much less mobile than my right side.

I guess I should just go ahead and plow ahead with that and lay off of delt development until its healthier?
    Chill off the bench for a lil bit. Do rotator cuffs and work your delts

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• i eat dinner at 6 lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
        Chill off the bench for a lil bit. Do rotator cuffs and work your delts
        That's what I was figuring. I've got a weight training class this term (need the PE credits) and I think I'll talk to my instructor in there about what to do. But til then I'll do delts and stuff, and really focus on stretching the muscles on that side to improve RoM before and after workouts.
        JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

i eat dinner at 6 lol
          ...me too...

Comment

i eat dinner at 6 lol
            ****ing why?

Comment

• Originally posted by AliceAttack View Post
              ****ing why?
              Depends on the day. When i eat breakfast at 8, i eat dinner at 6. If i eat breakfast at 10, i eat dinner at 10.

Dont judge me arcade

Comment

• How much protein do you guys look to take in prior to a workout (about an hour or so before)? I always go with about 25-30 grams or so of whey protein after a workout, but wasn't sure what people targeted prior.

Comment

****ing why?
                  Because it's usually my only meal of the day and I don't want to wait any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                    How much protein do you guys look to take in prior to a workout (about an hour or so before)? I always go with about 25-30 grams or so of whey protein after a workout, but wasn't sure what people targeted prior.
                    If I workout in the afternoon, usually a protein bar (20g) with breakfast is enough for me. Protein shake (25g-30g) afterwords.

Comment

• Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                      How much protein do you guys look to take in prior to a workout (about an hour or so before)? I always go with about 25-30 grams or so of whey protein after a workout, but wasn't sure what people targeted prior.
                      I take mine after. About 48gs.

I think its fine as long as you get a good amount and are eating close to a g of protein/LB of bodyweight a day

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
                        Because it's usually my only meal of the day and I don't want to wait any more.
                        oh

that's dumb

Comment

oh

that's dumb
                          Agreed. I'm not exactly well off in a lot of ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by football2ky View Post
                            If I workout in the afternoon, usually a protein bar (20g) with breakfast is enough for me. Protein shake (25g-30g) afterwords.
                            Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                            I take mine after. About 48gs.

I think its fine as long as you get a good amount and are eating close to a g of protein/LB of bodyweight a day
                            Thanks. Yea. I try to eat a high protein breakfast and get a decent amount of protein at lunch. I am never too concerned about the amount of protein prior to a workout, but was curious if people had any regimen they stuck with a trusted.

Comment

• If I don't follow the regimen the result would not be achieved, I always have protein prior to a workout, otherwise I will be too hungry and this can be the end of the diet!
                              By the way, guys wanted to ask if any of you here uses heart rate monitors during the workouts? I've found one- Beets BLU on the internet, they say it helps to control the intensity of the workouts so as not to not to overload the heart muscle

Comment

• I did lunges for the first time in 3 weeks on Saturday and my glutes are on fire today!

Comment

Working...
                                X