X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
    SL is ok. More of a bodybuilding routine though if you're into that

Not optimal for strength
    Wut? How do you figure that it's a bodybuilding routine? They're all compound lifts. Squats and deadlifts aren't strength training anymore?

Comment

• Compound lifts don't automatically mean strength brah. They build a ton of muscle as well

The intensity, rep range, and volume determine whether if it build strength or leads to hypertrophy

5x5 usually leans to the latter. Not to say it doesn't build strength, but thats a **** ton of volume to do three times a week

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
        Compound lifts don't automatically mean strength brah. They build a ton of muscle as well

The intensity, rep range, and volume determine whether if it build strength or leads to hypertrophy

5x5 usually leans to the latter. Not to say it doesn't build strength, but thats a **** ton of volume to do three times a week
        I think that makes sense if you're already at a high point of lifting, but for a starting program, it's not really a bodybuilder workout. I haven't become much bigger than when I started, about a 5 lb weight gain, but I'm probably 150% stronger than when I started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastair View Post
          Eh, it's not gimmicky. There's obviously more things you can do in a workout, but it's a good routine that's simple and easy to follow. It starts off very light, but designed to give you continuous gains and master form before it gets hard. When you eventually plateau, it has other workouts to advance to if you want to continue getting further. As for the stretches, follow this link and tell me if it works. I'm not sure if it's something that can only be seen when logged in under my account. https://www.hep2go.com/print_card.php?userRef=68739 Those stretches should be enough to get you started.
          Link didn't work on my phone. I'll check on my computer in the morning.
          JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

• All about that 8?3 boi

Comment

I think that makes sense if you're already at a high point of lifting, but for a starting program, it's not really a bodybuilder workout. I haven't become much bigger than when I started, about a 5 lb weight gain, but I'm probably 150% stronger than when I started.
              Getting strong and big are not mutually exclusive but 5x5 usually tends to side toward bodybuilding more than strength building

Comment

Eh, it's not gimmicky. There's obviously more things you can do in a workout, but it's a good routine that's simple and easy to follow. It starts off very light, but designed to give you continuous gains and master form before it gets hard. When you eventually plateau, it has other workouts to advance to if you want to continue getting further. As for the stretches, follow this link and tell me if it works. I'm not sure if it's something that can only be seen when logged in under my account. https://www.hep2go.com/print_card.php?userRef=68739 Those stretches should be enough to get you started.
                Checked it again Al and it won't display any exercises. Eh, I'll go and do my basic stretch routine and lift and I'll talk to you about it later.

Comment

• Agile 8 homeboy

Comment

• First workout wasn't too tough, but I had a really hard time with form on barbell rows.

Comment

• Holy shiet I forgot about this thread

I'm getting shredded off OCB's workout, dunno how many of you autists browse 4chan /fit/ but his workout is ****ing killer for an intermediate/advanced bodybuilder.

Comment

• I post in /plg/ sometimes

But dont know OCB's workout

Did 5x5 squats at 80% and 8x3 DLs at 75% and that killed me. So much volume

Comment

• Volume sure is key for hypertrophy gains, I'm slowly realizing that. Did 5x5 for about a year, got mildly shredded. Started going around 80% 1RMs for 8+ reps while keeping constant time under tension, my quads exploded. I wish I would have known that squats and deadlifts are GOAT a couple years ago, I'd probably be competing in physique by now.

OCB workout - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...3&d=1436860005
                          Last edited by Cajunn; 10-06-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Nice bush. How's living in the 70's?

Comment

• Cajun looks pretty shredded brah

Lets see your pics Deaner, you sound a lil jelly

Comment

• I didn't say anything about his body, he looks good. I just think he should trim down that jungle.

Comment

Working...
                                X