• Leelee
    replied
    Don't go to failure

You're not bodybuilders

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
    But iono swag, from a lot of the things I've read, peeps say that you shouldn't go to failure that often
    If what you're reading is just on bodybuilding forums or something I promise a bit gets lost in the translation, try one of the journal databases your university has or google scholar. Essentially, it's about risk management whenever you're going to failure. As you go to failure, your form starts to deteriorate in an effort to get more, which leaves you susceptible to injury and hernias. This lack of form is what a lot studies contribute to the increased prevalence in injuries.

Also, if your failure is like twenty-to-thirty reps on "heavier" exercises you will burn out your joints and have long-term health issues, but if you stick with single-digits to moderate double-digits you will be fine. Overall, training to failure stimulates the most hyperplasia and sheath expansion, but it has more risks. Only exercises where you really shouldn't train to failure is those that emphasize areas that cannot realistically be developed more by doing so, like your medial deltoids / rotator cuffs as it just adds unnecessary wear.

There are other risks involved too if you're training to failure correctly, but I'm assuming you don't have any heart conditions or other serious health issues that impair your circulation.

Leave a comment:

• RoflDogs
    replied
    Its cuz she didn't see my face

But iono swag, from a lot of the things I've read, peeps say that you shouldn't go to failure that often

Edit: oh and pulled 295x3 today. 3 pl8 is within my grasp
    Last edited by RoflDogs; 05-02-2014, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    The big news is Leelee told Rofl he is totes ****able.

I go to failure all day eryday. Keeps you hungry for more

Leave a comment:

• RoflDogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    You seem to be in pretty damn good shape, Rofl.
    Thanks man. You keep up the good work too good sir

Leave a comment:

Working...
X