The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaddyPatriot View Post
    That was what I was thinking about, I hate the look of them but i guess i shouldn't care
    Yeah, I wish they weren't so fugly, but they are very good performance wise

Oh, did the chest workout today. I can barely do 105 incline bench

Sooooo weak

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
      Yeah, I wish they weren't so fugly, but they are very good performance wise

Oh, did the chest workout today. I can barely do 105 incline bench

Sooooo weak
      It's all good bro. Time will make you stronger if you stick with it. I still haven't hit my weight benching, but I'm getting close.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• I know Swag's got a lot of questions to answer, but when you get to it -

I want to fix my breathing during heavy lifts without getting lightheaded. Is there something that you do or recommend I do, so it makes the heavy lifts a little easier? Thanks broseph.

Comment

• Alright, I'm going to answer all these questions...but not in a multi-quote because at least this way I get to raise my post count.

Which is the purpose of this post.

+1
          Originally posted by Daniel
          Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
          lmao

Comment

• Let me help you bump your post count. If I do all them workouts diligently for the next 4-5 months will I be set for summer?

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoxOnlyFan View Post
              Hey SwAg, since you've tried Assault and Drive, two of the three pre-workout supplements I've used more than once, I was wondering if you (or anyone really) have had any experience with the third: Omega Sports' Ultima. I gather that it's not for everybody, but when I'm looking for something when I'm taking a break from stims I like the clean energy and focus it provides (for me at least). I've never used it for more than a few weeks at a time but it seems to make those breaks more bearable for me. Kinda spendy though. Also haven't tried the new supposedly better tasting formula (although I just finished my tub so I will likely order one and try it in the future) but the older formula I had isn't the best as far as taste goes. Got used to it after a couple days and that was that.
              I have never taken that product specifically, I have used others that are from that brand and my criticism and praise is pretty much the same as you... One of my lacrosse friends swears by Omega Sports over everything else, I just texted him and he'll probably respond tonight - if not, I have class with him at 8am tomorrow and I'll hit him up for an answer then. I'll edit it into this post.

Also, as for the products in-general, I like them. They are more pricey than others, but when I take them I can definitively feel the effects and feel like I am getting my money's worth - the only thing that keeps me from using them more is that I have other products I like that I feel like I would pay more for the product if I had to. Also, given the price of their products if you get a bad one (not saying they have a bad one, I haven't encountered it if there is, but it's possible) then it's kind of a waste because you just paid a good bit and now you're stuck with either an ineffective product or a disgusting one.
              Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
              lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                Swag... Supplements for the ladies? Obivously my girlfriend doesn't want to up her testosterone (and I'm not big on that idea either), but are there any supplements you would recommend for a girl who wants to shed fat and build lean muscle. Pre-workout, protein shake, etc. Recommendations?
                I won't go as far as Leelee said and say women shouldn't take supplements, but there are considerably less that are good for women than there are for men, which leads me to the next line...

I can't really give too many specific supplement recommendations for women because I have never taken any of their products myself. There are a couple of "toning" products I could recommend:

Flax Seed Oil Capsules
                Fish Oil Capsules

Those are two supplements I have taken and have had successful results with that are not gender specific. Other than that, I would say a vitamin or vitapak that has a good amount of Vitamin B, C, and D specifically - others are also a positive, but as far as fat-loss goes I would say those are the essential ones.

^ Check the DRV percentages on the label if you go the vitamin route - I'm pretty sure if a woman took my vitamins for hardcore athletes for a few months they would have organ damage.

Other than those, I would say a protein shake post-workout would be good too - like 15-20g would be plenty for a women's protein shake, but make sure it doesn't have creatine in it... Creatine isn't the greatest for women and can actually cause a few problems - that is why a pre-workout for women is hard because most have creatine in them, so the only pre-workout thing I could think of would be like a vitamin drink that has a high concentration of Vitamin B - like the 5 hour power shots, but without the dangerously high level of caffeine.

That's how you sound.
                lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
                  Swaaaaaaaaaag ? Recommend me my stuff ! I need to order.
                  I have the website open now. I will edit this post or send you a PM.

That's how you sound.
                  lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                    I know Swag's got a lot of questions to answer, but when you get to it -

I want to fix my breathing during heavy lifts without getting lightheaded. Is there something that you do or recommend I do, so it makes the heavy lifts a little easier? Thanks broseph.
                    How is your breathing messed up during the heavy lifts? Strained, limited, heavy?

That's how you sound.
                    lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                      How is your breathing messed up during the heavy lifts? Strained, limited, heavy?
                      I've always found that the best way to fix my breathing is to do lead up exercises at a low weight and focus solely on breathing.

ie; When going to max on my bench I'll do a warm up at 135 and let the bar rest on my chest, deep breath in, push, and deep breath out. I increase the weight while decreasing the amount of time I let it rest on my chest. Don't know if that helps at all, but it's a suggestion.
                      JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS CMD V

Comment

I dunno I would say limited. I'm not taking deep breaths because they make me a little light headed on Squats. I like NYJets suggestion to practice on lighter weights. But should I be breathing heavier? When to inhale and exhale?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
                          I dunno I would say limited. I'm not taking deep breaths because they make me a little light headed on Squats. I like NYJets suggestion to practice on lighter weights. But should I be breathing heavier? When to inhale and exhale?
                          You inhale on the portion of the exercise that you aren't exerting force. During the portion of the exercise where you are doing work you exhale - it actually makes a huge difference.

I always breath slightly heavy when doing sets - I inhale through my nose and exhale through my mouth with pursed lips - if you tighten your lips it contracts your throat muscles, which allows for more oxygen to get in.

That's how you sound.
                          lmao

Comment

I have never taken that product specifically, I have used others that are from that brand and my criticism and praise is pretty much the same as you... One of my lacrosse friends swears by Omega Sports over everything else, I just texted him and he'll probably respond tonight - if not, I have class with him at 8am tomorrow and I'll hit him up for an answer then. I'll edit it into this post.

Also, as for the products in-general, I like them. They are more pricey than others, but when I take them I can definitively feel the effects and feel like I am getting my money's worth - the only thing that keeps me from using them more is that I have other products I like that I feel like I would pay more for the product if I had to. Also, given the price of their products if you get a bad one (not saying they have a bad one, I haven't encountered it if there is, but it's possible) then it's kind of a waste because you just paid a good bit and now you're stuck with either an ineffective product or a disgusting one.

Thanks. I haven't tried any of their products besides the Ultima, but yeah I'm not sure I can justify paying for another tub. I don't mind paying for something that works, but if there are cheaper alternatives that are as good or better, there's no reason not to go with them. The problem is it's hard to break out of a comfort zone to try new things that could potentially be a waste, even if a cheaper waste. Have anything in mind that has a similiar ingredient profile to Ultima? Or more importantly the same effect (increased energy and focus without stims).

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                              Let me help you bump your post count. If I do all them workouts diligently for the next 4-5 months will I be set for summer?
                              You're also running in track?

As long as your diet isn't complete trash, yeah you should definitely be in pretty good shape.

That's how you sound.
                              lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by RoxOnlyFan View Post
                                Thanks. I haven't tried any of their products besides the Ultima, but yeah I'm not sure I can justify paying for another tub. I don't mind paying for something that works, but if there are cheaper alternatives that are as good or better, there's no reason not to go with them. The problem is it's hard to break out of a comfort zone to try new things that could potentially be a waste, even if a cheaper waste. Have anything in mind that has a similiar ingredient profile to Ultima? Or more importantly the same effect (increased energy and focus without stims).
                                My friend said it's his favorite. But as I already said, he swears by the stuff, so I didn't really expect a different answer.

As for similar ingredients or similar effect, minus the stimulants, I will look at the label of it and get back to you... If you check back in today, it will probably be up in the evening or tomorrow morning because I promised Tango I would find him something (like 3 days ago, lol) so he gets first dibs.

That's how you sound.
                                lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X