The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guru_92 View Post
    Try to work out 4 times a week. But it's hard sometimes as I'm often too damn tired after work since I have a very physically demanding job. But I know some about training (not s much as swag though), so I might be able to help too if you have any questions.
    Nice, there are tons of differing opinions on working out and for the most part none are wrong. I just made the thread because no one else did / was going to, and people got irritated that I would always derail the off-topic threads.
    Originally posted by Daniel
    Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
    lmao

Comment

Originally posted by guru_92 View Post
      Try to work out 4 times a week. But it's hard sometimes as I'm often too damn tired after work since I have a very physically demanding job. But I know some about training (not s much as swag though), so I might be able to help too if you have any questions.
      This is why I work out in the morning. I just wake up early on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and also work out on Saturdays. My job is the opposite of physically demanding though.

Comment

Originally posted by yashi View Post
        This is why I work out in the morning. I just wake up early on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and also work out on Saturdays. My job is the opposite of physically demanding though.
        Do you really wanna work out before your 8 hour shift when you know that you're gonna carry and throw a few tons of baggage combined? Don't think so.

Vampbro for eternity

Comment

Just how effective is stationary biking?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
            Just how effective is stationary biking?
            It's pretty effective. Not as good as real biking, but you'll get a good cardio workout and you'll get strong legs from it.

Vampbro for eternity

Comment

Hey Swag, know any speed workouts? I wanna get fast

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                Hey Swag, know any speed workouts? I wanna get fast
                I'll answer both of your questions (fat burner and this).

Fat burners often contain stimulants that temporarily increase the rate at which fat is burned (usually for 6-8 hours), most of them also have enzymes in them that stop muscle degeneration during the time of increased metabolism... It is an interesting process, but basically it'll accelerate your heart rate slightly (most keep the number low, like 10-15) so that you burn more calories at rest and are more prone to sweating...

Couple this with an interval workout on an elliptical (like 5 minutes of intense interval going from running to a light walk, alternating every 30 seconds) will shred fat really fast... If you're not tired after that - if you can walk on an incline (like 10-15% incline) the interval training will confuse the body and burn more fat while depleting all the glycogen stores, so the next calories you burn will be mostly fat - if you don't want to lose muscle, drink something like gatorade or protein during or immediately after.

Speed training, I'll edit this post in a second. I'm going to go grab my workout journal and look back to my last speed training session from the summer.
                Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                lmao

Comment

Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                  I'll answer both of your questions (fat burner and this).

Fat burners often contain stimulants that temporarily increase the rate at which fat is burned (usually for 6-8 hours), most of them also have enzymes in them that stop muscle degeneration during the time of increased metabolism... It is an interesting process, but basically it'll accelerate your heart rate slightly (most keep the number low, like 10-15) so that you burn more calories at rest and are more prone to sweating...

Couple this with an interval workout on an elliptical (like 5 minutes of intense interval going from running to a light walk, alternating every 30 seconds) will shred fat really fast... If you're not tired after that - if you can walk on an incline (like 10-15% incline) the interval training will confuse the body and burn more fat while depleting all the glycogen stores, so the next calories you burn will be mostly fat - if you don't want to lose muscle, drink something like gatorade or protein during or immediately after.

Speed training, I'll edit this post in a second. I'm going to go grab my workout journal and look back to my last speed training session from the summer.
                  So...if i drink this before track practice, I'm likely to be tired as **** by the end of it (which I already am to an extent)?

Comment

So...if i drink this before track practice, I'm likely to be tired as **** by the end of it (which I already am to an extent)?
                    No, you take it in the morning before you eat and then it burns for 8 hours - you can extend it by a couple hours if you eat about a half hour after you take it too.

It's usually not something you drink, it's usually capsules or pills. Black Cats is the one I am going to try next from Applied Nutriceuticals - it's about $20 for a month and a half - 2 month supply, which is pretty good considering the ingredient list it has.

Edit - It will probably make you less tired TBH; it will give you energy, you will just be sweating more.

That's how you sound.
                    lmao

Comment

Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                      No, you take it in the morning before you eat and then it burns for 8 hours - you can extend it by a couple hours if you eat about a half hour after you take it too.

It's usually not something you drink, it's usually capsules or pills. Black Cats is the one I am going to try next from Applied Nutriceuticals - it's about $20 for a month and a half - 2 month supply, which is pretty good considering the ingredient list it has.

Edit - It will probably make you less tired TBH; it will give you energy, you will just be sweating more.

No more sweat will be necessary, I already sweat like a mother****er (Stupid genetics. I hate it.)

So it's basically pop one in every morning?

Comment

No more sweat will be necessary, I already sweat like a mother****er (Stupid genetics. I hate it.)

So it's basically pop one in every morning?
                        Yeah, that's the case for most. If you have a specific one in mind you can ask about it and I'll look up the ingredients and tell you if it will work.

Usually 1-2 pills first thing in the morning with a glass of water.

That's how you sound.
                        lmao

Comment

Swag, im going to start p90x when this semester ends, and was wondering if you could recommend some sort of supplement I should use. The only ones I have used are the inexspensive ones you can get at normal stores. I would prefer something that isnt too expensive, and something that is pretty easy on your body as well.

Comment

I bought one of these ab wheel things since it was only $8:

It's way tougher workout than it looks, but it's really cheap, convenient and fast. Can anyone vouch for how well this workout works long term?

Comment

Originally posted by Ckane138 View Post
                              I bought one of these ab wheel things since it was only $8:

It's way tougher workout than it looks, but it's really cheap, convenient and fast. Can anyone vouch for how well this workout works long term?
                              It's good for definition and middle-to-lower abs. I really like it, it's one of my favorite parts of my ab workout. When you do it though, you should try to keep your head looking forward instead of down at the ground.

That's how you sound.
                              lmao

Comment

Originally posted by The Prodigy View Post
                                Swag, im going to start p90x when this semester ends, and was wondering if you could recommend some sort of supplement I should use. The only ones I have used are the inexspensive ones you can get at normal stores. I would prefer something that isnt too expensive, and something that is pretty easy on your body as well.
                                I'll look, I really like some of the GNC stuff - I'll look at the ingredients on a few I've used and heard good things about and let you know if they'd be worth it while doing P90X.

I've done P90X, but apart from pre-workout energy boosters and creatine/post-workout stuff, there isn't a whole lot because the workout is so fast paced.

That's how you sound.
                                lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X