No announcement yet.

The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a week of running and lifting, my hammies started to whine yesterday. Only managed a 4 mile run before they tightend up to the point I couldn't really run on them. Rested them today, hope to get back on the run tomorrow, or monday at the latest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
      Pushed legs so hard today that I had to stop for 15 minutes near the end and just lie down because A) My muscles were destroyed B) I was in so much pain (not bad pain) from the lactic acid I couldn't walk and thought I was actually going to cry.
      Just saying that this may no longer be true.
      Owner of the cutest signature on WF

Comment

• Originally posted by Vbsiena View Post
        So I want to change my MWF routine to more of a bodybuilder routine for 8-12 weeks.

Swag what can i do Squat wise, Bench wise, and Dead lift wise that would be more bodybuilder than powerlifter? Like 10 x 3s? Then how much weight should I be using? 1/2 my 1 rep max? etc.
        Bodybuilding workouts are mostly of descending weight with ascending reps with little rest. Also, same weight and then just going to failure. It's an odd science, that isn't exact.

Which of those do you do? Like same day, or all separate days?

Originally posted by Link View Post
        Just saying that this may no longer be true.
        Yeah, I read a bit about that. What I read didn't give me a new name to describe the sensation though, so I just continue to call it that.
        Originally posted by Daniel
        Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
        lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
          Bodybuilding workouts are mostly of descending weight with ascending reps with little rest. Also, same weight and then just going to failure. It's an odd science, that isn't exact.

Which of those do you do? Like same day, or all separate days?
          M - Squat
          W - Bench
          F - Deadlift

And I base the rest of my routine around those basic movements. Like Monday is leg day, etc.
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Anyone else get depressed on their off days or even after they already worked out that day?

I feel like there is something else I could be doing to improve, rather than just watching football or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
              Anyone else get depressed on their off days or even after they already worked out that day?

I feel like there is something else I could be doing to improve, rather than just watching football or something.
              Rest is important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Link View Post
                Rest is important.
                Yeah I know, but I still want to do more.

I guess thats why people use steroids.

Comment

• Any good lower back workouts I can do from home? I have one of these, if it matters:

But I haven't found anything that feels good for the lower back on it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morgus View Post
                    Any good lower back workouts I can do from home?
                    Basically my best tip for workouts is muscle confusion. When I hit the rack I try to make as much noise as possible, knocking the weights together, kicking my water bottle, anything that will confuse my muscles. The next thing I do is grunt and scream as I'm lifting, this creates brain confusion and in turn creates muscle confusion.

Most lower back exercises that I know of involve significant body movement, so im not sure that machine will help. Swag is obviously the authority though and will let you know if I am wrong.

Maybe a variation of this using that hanging thing(I dont know if it has a name) instead of a barbell?

Comment

• That must be fun to watch, lol.

Comment

• Prodigy I assume that first paragraph is sarcastic. It made me laugh.

So today at my cross country meet I stepped on a root and hurt my ankle. I couldn't run on it and it was hard to put weight on. The trainer there who I talked to thought I sprained a ligament (I think the ATFL in the diagram below).

I've been icing it on and off since the meet and now I can walk with only a slight limp. Hopefully no big deal and I'll be back to running and lifting on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nasmatic View Post
                          Prodigy I assume that first paragraph is sarcastic. It made me laugh.
                          It is. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
                            Basically my best tip for workouts is muscle confusion. When I hit the rack I try to make as much noise as possible, knocking the weights together, kicking my water bottle, anything that will confuse my muscles. The next thing I do is grunt and scream as I'm lifting, this creates brain confusion and in turn creates muscle confusion.

Most lower back exercises that I know of involve significant body movement, so im not sure that machine will help. Swag is obviously the authority though and will let you know if I am wrong.

Maybe a variation of this using that hanging thing(I dont know if it has a name) instead of a barbell?
                            Hm. Seems legit. And yes, I've seen people who seem to practice this.

Comment

• And yeah, I got that machine for $50 as my neighbor didn't want to put it together. I didn't think I could use it for lower back stuff, but what the hell? Nothing like profiting off of other's laziness. The upper body stuff seems to work okay though.

Comment

• Just had my first week of working out and Jesus Christ almighty my arms feel like they've turned to stone.

Comment

Working...
                                X