The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
    I vote you all get fat and happy. Girls luv the buddah belly. It makes them wet.

Look at Elli. He has a hot girl, cuz he is happy.

Ripped abs are for gaywads....lolololololololololololololol

I need to get back on my workout. Squats n deadlifts.........all else is other

Pretty soon, I will be Beth Moe, and no one will recognize me
    Owner of the cutest signature on WF

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
      I used to do that as well. Pull-ups for the basement.

I even took it a step further and whenever I would die in a video game that was 15 push-ups at the end.
      It started as chin ups, because my little brother had a chin up bar, but he took it with him back to college, so now I'm doing pushups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango View Post
        I highly disagree with the Take No Days Off Method though. Or at least with a fulltime office job you can't do it.
        AFAIK, the original speech isn't directed specifically at working out. It's directed at students.

I go by "Did I work out yesterday?"

If not, definitely work out.

If yes, see if I feel like I can work out again. If so, do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcade View Post
          AFAIK, the original speech isn't directed specifically at working out. It's directed at students.

I go by "Did I work out yesterday?"

If not, definitely work out.

If yes, see if I feel like I can work out again. If so, do it.
          He is advertising the Take No Days Off Method though. Look at his clothes etc.

Comment

• Oh and I highly disagree with his comments on sleep. A healthy amount of sleep is needed.

Comment

Oh and I highly disagree with his comments on sleep. A healthy amount of sleep is needed.
              Again, the speech isn't really directed at you

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcade View Post
                Again, the speech isn't really directed at you
                Doesn't matter who it is directed at, if it's wrong.

Comment

Doesn't matter who it is directed at, if it's wrong.
                  It's directed at those who sleep an unhealthy amount. Nobody is going to take the speech at face value, and just not sleep. But if you're on one extreme, being told to go to the other extreme will result in you ending up at a healthy middle.

Comment

They both would work. As for which I would go with, I have an affinity for MP just because I know they put out good products.

As for why Combat is cheaper, I would go with:

It has less servings, their servings are bigger, but the container has less than a month supply (27).

This is a product for people trying to put on mass. I would use only in the Fall, Winter, Spring time because they increase the utilization of what you put into your body by making sure it's as broken down as possible. Since they ensure protein gets to your muscles for several hours after taking it chemically, that combination also slows the digestion process -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing for guys trying to put on mass -- but what it's going to do is everything you eat after that shake is going to be broken down and what is needed to run bodily functions will be taken, but you'll be getting much more of it directly to your muscles because of MP changing the absorption / digestion rate chemically as opposed to just using different types of protein.

MusclePharm always has lower prices. Assault, Hybrid, etc. are all lower than similar products -- it's one of the MusclePharm advertising keys, they'll often put their label next to the label of the AppNut, GNC, AEN, etc. labels and go "Hmmm. Our product actually has more in it, but somehow they're charging you 15$ more"
                    Awesome. Combat it is then.

Mass is what I want. I have always been a bit of a hard gainer so it shouldnt be too hard to get rid of whatever unwanted bulk it adds when I cut for summer.

I read in the OP that you really liked assault. Is there that much of a difference between a workout where you use it and one you dont? It almost seems like one of those things that they tell you you need, but really dont. However, if you have experienced a boost from it, it might be worth it. Also, if I were to use a half serving(so I dont have to keep buying it as much) would it still work, or would it just be better to take a full serving?

EDIT: Just read some of the reviews on BB.com and it seems like its kind of hit or miss in regard to feeling sick after taking it. I think I might pass. I dont drink any sort of energy drinks so im nervous a pre workout supp. might not sit well with me.
                    Last edited by Prodigy; 09-29-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• That "guru" in the success videos?

It's Swag.

Comment

• My stomach is battle hardened lol

I could feel when Assault kicked in, it was a noticeable feel. I just always took a half serving...but I also combined with Beta Cret and Con Cret lol
                        Originally posted by Daniel
                        Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                        lmao

Comment

• Added more to my workouts and cut some stuff out I don't like. More hardening exercises.
                          Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                          lmao

Comment

Added more to my workouts and cut some stuff out I don't like. More hardening exercises.
                            Nobody cares, swag.

Comment

• I do.

That's how you sound.
                              lmao

Comment

• Hey guise, there's a month left before track starts (yay....), and I was wondering if doing insanity will get me in shape for it, as I currently don't have a place to run at the moment (since high school is in now session, and I don't feel like driving to parks and stuff during weekdays)

Will that do me good?

I started with the basic testing thing today, and my heart feels puffy (my cardio has deteriorated into crap, I get winded walking to class nowadays >.>), and I take that as a good sign of starting to get into shape

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Working...
                                X