No announcement yet.

The Workout Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly getting my squat up again. 235 for 5 on a straight bar. I'm happy. Flexibility is still an issue but I'm stretching plenty and besides some arm numbness at the end, I've been fine.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Clovdyx View Post
      What are the possible side effects of every supplement out there?
      Of every individual supplement? Uhhh... I would be here a long time.

I could do major side effects of a lot of the components, and minor side-effects for all supplements are generally the same.
      Originally posted by Daniel
      Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
      lmao

Comment

• Told myself I would lift after practice.

Nope.

Anyways, Swag, would you recommend anything particular to improve my flexibility? I'm stiff as a board and can't either touch my toes or do a 90 degree split

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Yeah, it's extremely unlikely I'll reach 95kg but 90kg is the goal. About 8kg lean mass and 5-10kg of fat mass is the dream.

Comment

• Never thought I'd see the day that a supplement is cheaper on Amazon by 40$ than anywhere else on the internet.
            Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
            lmao

Comment

• What do you think of swimming as a workout?
              sigpic

Comment

• Just as a workout, it's great.

Good cardio, just if you try to do it competitively, it goes against all of my goals since swimmers don't want to have big muscles.

That's how you sound.
                lmao

Comment

• Sick and weak so skipping the gym today
                  WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                  Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                    Just as a workout, it's great.

Good cardio, just if you try to do it competitively, it goes against all of my goals since swimmers don't want to have big muscles.
                    Any sort of distance you could recommend i do per session
                    sigpic

Comment

• Doing it as cardio, with the goal of...just increasing cardiovascular endurance, or lose weight? For endurance, I'll generally do time-based going at the same pace. For weight-loss, I'll do interval for a set distance.

I treat it like every other cardio activity. 20-30 minutes of a constant pace, or so many laps alternating strokes between strenuous and resting styles.

That's how you sound.
                      lmao

Comment

• I think it's about time I join a gym and get some real workouts in. I'm down 30 lbs since the beginning of September with running, eating less garbage and some standard lifting but now I want to start actually doing some strength training and I just don't have the things I need at home.

Comment

• Our numbers increase once more!

That's how you sound.
                          lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                            Our numbers increase once more!
                            I'll be on here all the time asking dumb questions at that point.

Comment

• So to keep everyone posted.

I started a power lift program
                              Squat
                              Bench
                              barbell row
                              Dips
                              Reverse crunches

then day off
                              Squat
                              Overhead press
                              Deadlift
                              Chipups/pullups
                              Prone Bridges.

I started low weight (bar on most of them) and add 5 pounds per workout

After my workout I do bike for 20-30 mins and run a mile around the track (I can't run cuz I get winded right now, but a mile is my max right now and will be increases as my pussy ass can handle it)

I started eating healthier about a year ago.

I am having a hard time on Deadlifts and Squats with proper form. A lot is due to lack of flexibility. I have been trying to do cardio and stretching on my off day to help with that. Are there things I can do to stretch my hips and heels, especially?
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                              I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                                I am having a hard time on Deadlifts and Squats with proper form. A lot is due to lack of flexibility. I have been trying to do cardio and stretching on my off day to help with that. Are there things I can do to stretch my hips and heels, especially?
                                Where do you feel your flexibility is lacking in a more specific manner? With squats, you want to make sure you keep a neutral spine and push your butt out. Ideally, your knees should not pass in front of the imaginary plane going straight up from your toes. If you find that your heels are coming off the ground when you squat, you may have some tightness in your Achilles or calves. To stretch those keep a foot planted on the ground and step forward with the other foot without your back heel leaving the ground. Make sure to keep the back leg locked straight. You can bend the front knee and move forward until you feel a stretch in your calf. Hold it for about a minute and do that a few times a day. The stretch should look like this:

When you've held that for a minute, allow your back knee to flex, but continue to keep that foot on the ground. You should feel the stretch move lower, into your Achilles tendon. By flexing the knee, you're moving the stretch from the gastrocnemius (the larger calf muscle that spans both the heel and the knee) and are now stretching the Soleus, which is the other major muscle underneath the gastroc. Let me know if that info helps for the heel. I'm not sure what part of your hip is feeling tight, so some specifics should help me give you a stretch for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X