Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Thread of Steam and Snark (All Spoilers Permitted)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owner of the cutest signature on WF

Comment

GRRM's biggest mistake was giving us such limited time with Oberyn Martell.

Easily one of the coolest characters
      Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
      The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
      THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
      THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
        GRRM's biggest mistake was giving us such limited time with Oberyn Martell.
        This so much. Especially when Tywin considered marrying Cersei to the guy, that would've been hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
          This so much. Especially when Tywin considered marrying Cersei to the guy, that would've been hilarious.
          I can't wait to see who they cast as his daughters (not Obara or whatever tho)
          The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat

Comment

Jon is going to be resurrected as Azor Ahai. When Melisandre searches for a vision of him in ADWD expecting to see Stannis she sees Jon instead. There's a lot of random hints at something like this, and things thrown in at his death that could lead to it being part of the prophecy about Azor Ahai.

It makes a lot of sense, since in theory Jon is the one best positioned to rise up and defeat the Others, like Azor Ahai did in the past.

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

Of course Melisandre already interpreted this prophecy as meaning the red comet and gave Stannis a flaming sword to try and fulfill the prophecy herself, but that's not usually how prophecy works.

And I'm a huge nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by oPlaiD View Post
              Jon is going to be resurrected as Azor Ahai. When Melisandre searches for a vision of him in ADWD expecting to see Stannis she sees Jon instead. There's a lot of random hints at something like this, and things thrown in at his death that could lead to it being part of the prophecy about Azor Ahai.

It makes a lot of sense, since in theory Jon is the one best positioned to rise up and defeat the Others, like Azor Ahai did in the past.

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

Of course Melisandre already interpreted this prophecy as meaning the red comet and gave Stannis a flaming sword to try and fulfill the prophecy herself, but that's not usually how prophecy works.

And I'm a huge nerd.
              I don't think it indicated very definitively that Jon was dead either. So it's not that he'll be resurrected I just don't think he's dead.
              http://bloochat.com/walterfootball <------------- WF.CHAT HERE

Comment

Originally posted by oPlaiD View Post
                Yeah it's by far the most obvious solution. I mean what more fitting way for "Azor Ahai Reborn" to be literally "reborn" in the form of resurrection by a red priestess?

Comment

Originally posted by Red-headed step-child View Post
                  I don't think it indicated very definitively that Jon was dead either. So it's not that he'll be resurrected I just don't think he's dead.
                  He's going to hulk out and destroy everybody in the vicinity.

Comment

I'm really interested to see how they cast the Dornishmen

I picture them as being more Mediterranean in appearance (obviously) but someone threw out James Purefoy as Oberyn Martell which would be pretty perfect personality wise. Freida Pinto as one of the Sand Snakes or Arianne ggkthx

When are Ian McShane and Brad Dourif gonna get up in this bitch?

Comment

I'm really interested to see how they cast the Dornishmen

I picture them as being more Mediterranean in appearance (obviously) but someone threw out James Purefoy as Oberyn Martell which would be pretty perfect personality wise. Freida Pinto as one of the Sand Snakes or Arianne ggkthx

When are Ian McShane and Brad Dourif gonna get up in this bitch?
                      Purefoy isn't exactly mediterranean looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-headed step-child View Post
                        Purefoy isn't exactly mediterranean looking.
                        Hence the "but" and "perfect personality wise"

Your obsession with trying to find fault with my posts is admirable, though.

Comment

Hence the "but" and "perfect personality wise"

Your obsession with trying to find fault with my posts is admirable, though.
                          I'd like to see Purefoy as Martell, too, because he was excellent in Rome but I doubt it's gonna happen.

Comment

I really hope the show incorporates Bronn more than GRRM does in the latter books

Comment

I really hope the show incorporates Bronn more than GRRM does in the latter books
                              Granted it's been a few years since I read the books but wasn't someone else appointed to be the Captain of the Gold Cloaks other than Bronn in books when Slynt was sent to the Wall. I figured they used Bronn as an obvious shortcut to save from introducing yet another character. That tells me he will be getting at least a few more scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by SirA View Post
                                Granted it's been a few years since I read the books but wasn't someone else appointed to be the Captain of the Gold Cloaks other than Bronn in books when Slynt was sent to the Wall. I figured they used Bronn as an obvious shortcut to save from introducing yet another character. That tells me he will be getting at least a few more scenes.
                                Yeah, Jacelyn Bywater or some name with Water in it. Reread Clash of Kings on a couple plane rides the other day. But Bronn does have some official leadership role in the City Watch so it's not really messing with anything

I forgot how many of the great lines in the show are taken verbatim from the books. Bronn's line of ~"I'd ask how much" and that riddle of Varys' "A rich man, a king, a priest..." are what made me think of it.

I was always confused watching those trailers when they'd show The Hound when Varys said the sellsword because I thought they were using it as a plot summary for Season 2 and it didn't make any sense

Comment

Working...
                                X