Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy baseball rankings

http://walterfootball.com/fantasybaseball.php

They are new to the site and can be found on the home page. All comments and questions regading fantasy baseball can be asked here and will be answered
    Last edited by bcb1213; 03-18-2014, 09:12 AM.
    A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Thoughts on Cano this year?

Comment

Originally posted by football2ky View Post
      Thoughts on Cano this year?
      In terms of fantasy, he should still be the number one second baseman. He's gonna get some more walks this year if you play in an on base percentage he will have less hone runs due to the park and less rbis due to the team

If you're talking about his contract, paying the best player at his position a lot doesn't bother me, though I worry about the length of the deal and how he will look towards the end of it
      A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Comment

Reading through the rest now.

It's pretty sad how bad of an organization the Mariners have become. They just wanna make a profit and continue to put **** on the field because they have a nice stadium and people go to the games.

We have so much potential too, Jack Z is just a terrible talent evaluator and continues to get highly rated prospects that blow.

Comment

No Kuma in the Pitcher ratings? Worried about his injuries?

Really good stuff bcb, this is very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by football2ky View Post
            No Kuma in the Pitcher ratings? Worried about his injuries?

Really good stuff bcb, this is very well done.
            Yeah I am. He's out most likely til may with issues with his middle right finger which is on his throwing hand. Those things tend to linger

Comment

You know Miguel Cabrera switched to 1B right?
              Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

Originally posted by PR View Post
                You know Miguel Cabrera switched to 1B right?
                I do. As of now he only qualifies at third base. Will not be able to add him too first base until he gains that eligibility

Comment

Another thing: Weeks wont be the starting 2B for Os. Hes been absolutely dreadful this season. Jonathan Schoop who has had a fantastic Spring will while Flaherty mans 3rd due to Manny being down due to injury. Weeks will more than likely be cut
                  Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

Great stuff, really enjoyed this. However I have a few gripes:

1. How is Joey Votto K+, he struck out 19% of the time last year
                    2. Rizzo hitting 260 with 26 homers would not be a bust
                    3. Think Carlos Santana does much better than your projection
                    4. Adam Lind can't hit lefties, like at all. He won't break out more than last year. Hell I think he regresses
                    5. Taking Garrett Jones in Miami's park over Justin Morneau in Coors Field is insane
                    6. Where did you get the Astros park as the most hitter friendly? It's at best above average http://www.fangraphs.com/guts.aspx?t...mid=0&sort=6,d
                    7. Think you're way too high on Altuve. He has a lot of bad habits.

I might update this later when I read through the rest. Good stuff though and nice to debate some baseball stuff

Comment

I willing touches on this a little late cj. Bust and sleeper base upon where they are being drafted. Rizzo can put up those numbers but is it worth where he's being taken. Could Lind put up similar numbers. Yes. Yet they are being taken rounds apart. Remember this is not a commentary of these players actual ability. Bust and sleeper is more geared toward is thin played being drafted to high or too low

Comment

Originally posted by bcb1213 View Post
                        I willing touches on this a little late cj. Bust and sleeper base upon where they are being drafted. Rizzo can put up those numbers but is it worth where he's being taken. Could Lind put up similar numbers. Yes. Yet they are being taken rounds apart. Remember this is not a commentary of these players actual ability. Bust and sleeper is more geared toward is thin played being drafted to high or too low
                        That's fair. I probably did take real life too much into consideration

Comment

sorry for the absolutely terrible English there CJ, was typing on my phone before work

Comment

Originally posted by bcb1213 View Post
                            sorry for the absolutely terrible English there CJ, was typing on my phone before work
                            Haha, it too me a while to decipher it, not to worry

You do need to check those park factors though pal

Comment

Cj, you are right to an extent. Anything hit between left center and right center is dead there. How ever the lines to the center areas are short. Most power comes from pull hits thus my statements. The deepness of center also leads to lots of triples. I view it as a hitters Park no matters what the numbers say
                              Last edited by bcb1213; 03-19-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X