No. 29 Pick in 2011 Reader Mock: Bears on the Clock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. 29 Pick in 2011 Reader Mock: Bears on the Clock

Voting for the No. 29 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Who will be the pick?

Results and some comments will be posted here.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011reader.php

1. Panthers - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    2. Broncos - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
    3. Bills - Cam Newton, QB, Bengals
    4. Bengals - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
    5. Cardinals - Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
    6. Browns - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    7. 49ers - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    8. Titans - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
    9. Cowboys - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
    10. Redskins - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    11. Texans - Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
    12. Vikings - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    13. Lions - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
    14. Rams - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
    15. Dolphins - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    16. Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
    17. Patriots - Cameron Jordan, DE/DT, California
    18. Chargers - J.J. Watt, DE/DT, Wisconsin
    19. Giants - Mike Pouncey, G, Florida
    20. Buccaneers - Justin Houston, DE, Georgia
    21. Chiefs - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
    22. Colts - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    23. Eagles - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
    24. Saints - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
    25. Seahawks - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
    26. Ravens - Cameron Heyward, DE/DT, Ohio State
    27. Falcons - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
    28. Patriots - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State

Marvin Austin
    Jonathan Baldwin
    Randall Cobb
    Ben Ijalana
    Torrey Smith
    Nate Solder
    Danny Watkins
    Muhammad Wilkerson
    Aaron Williams
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
    5.36%
    Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
    3.57%
    Randall Cobb, WR/KR, Kentucky
    3.57%
    Ben Ijalana, OT/G, Villanova
    3.57%
    Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
    5.36%
    Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    64.29%
    Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
    1.79%
    Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
    10.71%
    Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas
    0.00%
    Stefen Wisniewski, C/G, Penn State
    1.79%
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Solder. It has to be an OL, and Solder is now the best of what's left. The Bears have a terrible line. Yes, they got to the NFC championship and made it work, but it was still terrible. If they had a better one, Cutler wouldn't have been so abused this season. They need to fix at least two spots on that line and Solder has the potential to finally be the tackle they were looking for when they drafted Williams. At this spot, I really don't see any other option for the Bears.

Comment

A Soldier in Soldier field. Could be there be a more perfect fit? This just makes too many sense. The Bears so love football players who are soldiers then named their stadium after them, and now they can have a player named…wait, what? It’s “Solder”? Um…still, I think my point mostly stands.
      sigpic

Comment

Easy pick is easy.
        Colts CMD

QB-Peyton Manning
        RB-
        WR-Anquan Boldin
        WR-Doug Baldwin
        WR-Mohamed Sanu
        TE-Kyle Rudolph
        LT-Eugene Monroe
        LG-Matt Slauson
        C-Roberto Garza
        RG-Willie Colon
        RT-Joe Barksdale

DE-Michael Bennett
        DT-Terrance Knighton
        DT-Tony McDaniel
        DE-Robert Ayers
        OLB-Malcolm Smith
        MLB-Kiko Alonso
        OLB-
        CB-Alterraun Verner
        CB-
        FS-Michael Griffin
        SS-Marcus Gilchrist

Comment

I voted Solder. It's really a perfect match, IMO. Solder has all the upside in the world, but needs a lot of refinement and coaching. Mike Tice is one of, if not the best offensive line coach in football. The fact that Chicago needs an offensive tackle so absurdly bad only makes it easier.

I can't believe Muhammad Wilkerson is still available, though. That's some ridiculous value.
          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Solder is their guy. Watching Cutler get tossed like a rag doll all season will force JA's hand into taking Solder. The interior DL needs to be addressed as well for the Bears, but in my opinion, to a lesser extent that can still be addressed in later rounds with quality prospects. The OT class this year is pretty top heavy so grabbing the last of the top 5 OT makes the most sense.

Comment

I think it's a foregone conclusion that if any of the first round tackles are on the board (Smith, Castonzo, Carimi, Sherrod, Solder) that one of them goes here to Chicago. Even if all 5 are off the board, they could easily make a minor reach and take someone Ijalana. Solder is available here and they take him. He's raw, but Mike Tice will think he can coach him up and even though he's raw, he's going to be better week 1 than any other left tackle on their roster.
              http://www.footballfanspot.com/

Comment

The bears have pretty much made it known they are going to do what they can to get value with their pick. Move up to make sure they get one of the OL, or trade down if they are all gone. Williams, Wisniewski, or surprisingly Baldwin could be the pick if they get stuck. At least those are the names that the scouting department has mentioned. They are in an undesirable spot because there is a good chance that all of the worthy OL are gone, and the players left over either don't fit a need or would be a 15+ pick reach. But in this case, the BPA fits the greatest need and the Bears are in a scenario they hope to be in.
                “When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”
                ― Walter Payton

Greatest EVER

Comment

The Bears have a plethora of needs. No need is bigger or greater than finding their biggest investment, Jay Cutler some protection. Chicago badly needs a possession wide receiver but no one at this spot is worth the pick over the top lineman. Defensive Tackle is a need but he would be the wrong tackle for protecting Cutler. The prospect they draft has to be whoever gives Double Chin the best chance of standing upright. He spent a huge chunk of the season running for his life and making horrible throws because of it. I don't care if the pick is Ben Ijalana, Nate Solder, or Danny Watkins, whoever gives the line the best chance at looking competent is the pick they need to take. I'll say Nate Solder since he is the top lineman left.

Comment

Voted Nate Solder. BPA

Comment

I believe that Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith are hoping that the real draft will play down just as this reader's mock.
                      They need that one of the top 5 rated OTs lasts until the pick No 29 and here Nate Solder falls to them. This is a no brainer and if it really happens the Bears will run to the podium to give Goodell this name.
                      Play my AFC West quizzes on Sporcle:
                      Oakland Raiders All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)
                      Denver Broncos All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)
                      Kansas City Chiefs All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)
                      San Diego Chargers All Time Greats (HoFamers plus)

Comment

Nate Solder is the obvious choice. That probably means they'll go Marvin Austin.

Comment

First, let me state one thing before I talk about the Bears pick. JAY CUTLER HAS A VAGINA, ON HIS KNEE! With that in mind the bears must do something to protect their QB with such anatomy. Therefor they select the big tackle out of Colorado, Nate Solder. I find Solder extremely raw but has the potential to become a decent starter in the league with proper coaching. He also needs to manage his weight by making sure he can keep it on. Solder is defiantly not the for sure thing but the Bears have to get some protection for Cutler and his Vagina.

Comment

Working...
                          X