Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to have a non-snake draft in ESPN?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to have a non-snake draft in ESPN?

I'm trying to set my league's draft up for this year, and I don't see any way of having a non-snake draft. My league is trying out the keeper thing with four keepers. As everyone gets to keep players if they'd like, I thought it would add a ton of parity of having the draft work more like the regular NFL. I won last year and I can tell ESPN to have me last in the draft order, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set it like that for every round and it wants me to draft first in the 2nd round.

The only other options given is Auction, auto-pick for everyone, or offline. It's basically impossible to get all my friends in the same place for one night, so offline doesn't seem like it would work. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
    I'm trying to set my league's draft up for this year, and I don't see any way of having a non-snake draft. My league is trying out the keeper thing with four keepers. As everyone gets to keep players if they'd like, I thought it would add a ton of parity of having the draft work more like the regular NFL. I won last year and I can tell ESPN to have me last in the draft order, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set it like that for every round and it wants me to draft first in the 2nd round.

The only other options given is Auction, auto-pick for everyone, or offline. It's basically impossible to get all my friends in the same place for one night, so offline doesn't seem like it would work. Any ideas?
    How would that add parity to the league? I think that you will regret this, as it will probably put you at a disadvantage. Also, ESPN sucks.

BUT... I was in an NHL draft on ESPN once that was set up wrong, and the first x number of rounds weren't snake, because that was when we were supposed to enter our keepers. After round x, it was set to revert to snake, we cancelled the draft and started over at a later date.

SO... I think maybe if you set the number of keepers to be 17, or whatever the entire roster size is, when the draft is taking place it will go 1-12 every round. Maybe.
    CO-OWNER OF THE CMD III CHAMPION CINCINNATI BENGALS

Time to Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernCharge View Post
      How would that add parity to the league? I think that you will regret this, as it will probably put you at a disadvantage. Also, ESPN sucks.

BUT... I was in an NHL draft on ESPN once that was set up wrong, and the first x number of rounds weren't snake, because that was when we were supposed to enter our keepers. After round x, it was set to revert to snake, we cancelled the draft and started over at a later date.

SO... I think maybe if you set the number of keepers to be 17, or whatever the entire roster size is, when the draft is taking place it will go 1-12 every round. Maybe.
      I like the idea of having keepers, so it doesn't feel like you're starting over each year and you can have "your team". That being said, I want the not-as-good players in the league to feel like they have a good chance of doing well so they keep coming back each year. I thought having a non-snake draft would make it very difficult to repeat, but you'd still have your star players from the prior year. If I defaulted to a regular snake, my team is going to remain a ton more loaded than some of the lesser teams. I know this will make it really tough for me, but that's what makes it fun. I think your idea will have to work and if I just tell everyone that they aren't allowed more than four keepers.

Comment

I think most fantasy leagues don't even have forum member Snake participating in them. So to answer your title's question, yes.
        Owner of the cutest signature on WF

Comment

I thought it would add a ton of parity of having the draft work more like the regular NFL. I won last year and I can tell ESPN to have me last in the draft order, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set it like that for every round and it wants me to draft first in the 2nd round????

Ali

Comment

Working...
          X