This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Advice Thread

Instead off posting new threads every time me or someone else seeks advice, why not compile it into one thread?

Famous last words.

Nah, why not. Maybe this one will catch on. Sticky it, to make sure.
    sigpic

Comment

Would sticky if I could. Alas!

Comment

Should Lamar Miller get the start over Eddie Lacy (who faces the Seahawks D at home) on the opening game of the year?

I'm leaning towards starting Lacy, because he's just so good, but I feel like Miller might be safer.

Comment

This has been attempted before. It never works because no one answers most of the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Q. View Post
            Should Lamar Miller get the start over Eddie Lacy (who faces the Seahawks D at home) on the opening game of the year?

I'm leaning towards starting Lacy, because he's just so good, but I feel like Miller might be safer.
            The only time Miller should get the start over Lacy would be if Lacy had 2 broken legs and a broken neck.

Comment

No. The Seahawks will obviously be tough, but their D-line isn't as good as their secondary, so Lacy should be able to run (especially with Rodgers at QB). Meanwhile, the Patriots defense should be significantly better this year. Plus you can't run on a Wilfork.

Comment

I'm kinda pissed at the miller situation. Walt plays him up all summer and then it's like boom I was wrong and now I'm on the Moreno train. Well now I've picked him in three leagues.
                2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

CMD VI Runner Up

Comment

With Bradford out, do I jettison Britt for Bowe? Meaning, do I trade Britt+something for Bowe, or just Role with Britt. He's starting for me over Nate Washington, Jacquizz Rodgers, Khiry Robinson, Marvin Jones, and Mychal Rivera.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown After Point View Post
                    With Bradford out, do I jettison Britt for Bowe? Meaning, do I trade Britt+something for Bowe, or just Role with Britt. He's starting for me over Nate Washington, Jacquizz Rodgers, Khiry Robinson, Marvin Jones, and Mychal Rivera.
                    Shaun Hill is a pretty good back up, and Bradford wasn't a great starter. If you were comfortable with Bradford and Britt, you should be okay with Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk3P0 View Post
                      I'm kinda pissed at the miller situation. Walt plays him up all summer and then it's like boom I was wrong and now I'm on the Moreno train. Well now I've picked him in three leagues.
                      Agreed. I just recently took Miller as well, with Moreno still on the board. Lucky for me, he is my 5th RB. Hopefully, I won't have to use him.

Comment

I wouldn't start Miller just yet. Moreno looked real good in that last preseason game, where as Miller...hasn't looked good yet.

~

So...

I have I have the 2nd pick in a 14 team PPR league coming up on Monday.

Early on I was leaning AP or Charles depending on who the first guy takes, but recently I have been thinking McCoy as a candidate as well.

Chiefs aren't going to be as good as last year, plus their schedule looks a little harder this time around. AP is still a solid possibility but...

Eagles play the Cowboys, Giants and Skins twice a year. That's fantasy gold for McCoy. Granted it's only 5 games since the Cowboys are week 17, but whatever.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Scar View Post
                          I wouldn't start Miller just yet. Moreno looked real good in that last preseason game, where as Miller...hasn't looked good yet.

~

So...

I have I have the 2nd pick in a 14 team PPR league coming up on Monday.

Early on I was leaning AP or Charles depending on who the first guy takes, but recently I have been thinking McCoy as a candidate as well.

Chiefs aren't going to be as good as last year, plus their schedule looks a little harder this time around. AP is still a solid possibility but...

Eagles play the Cowboys, Giants and Skins twice a year. That's fantasy gold for McCoy. Granted it's only 5 games since the Cowboys are week 17, but whatever.

Thoughts?
                          I'm more of a Charles fan outright, and I wouldn't really go off of SOS. McCoy may have the NFC East twice a year (with New York in week 17), but Charles has two Oaklands, Miami, St. Louis, and Buffalo, all games where the Chiefs will end up running out the clock. Also, Darren Sproles will be sure to eat up some of McCoy's opportunities.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown After Point View Post
                            I'm more of a Charles fan outright, and I wouldn't really go off of SOS. McCoy may have the NFC East twice a year (with New York in week 17), but Charles has two Oaklands, Miami, St. Louis, and Buffalo, all games where the Chiefs will end up running out the clock. Also, Darren Sproles will be sure to eat up some of McCoy's opportunities.
                            St. Louis and Buffalo have great defensive lines, so I'm not sure that helps your argument. Your point about Sproles is spot-on, but he also plays with a better quarterback and better weapons around him, so he should see less stacked boxes than Charles will.

For what it's worth, if I have the #1 pick in a non-PPR league, I'm taking Shady. I see no reason not to in PPR, unless it's because he was drafted first, in which I'd take Charles without thinking twice.

Comment

Yeah, AP has Norv Turner this year. It's going to be interesting to see where my feeling on draft night end up taking me!

Since I am in a deep league, I was wondering...who are your TD vultures this year? I will need some to fill out my squad. Tolbert, Hill, (Bryce) Brown, Dunbar, Reece? 14 team league, so I will be reaching in the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X