As per Walts request:
Ok, here is the write-up (I am leaving the game stuff for your enjoyment):
As you know I attended the Jets game today:
· OK, it is official, Jets fans are the worst. Your team is up and you are booing…the cheerleaders? Seriously, and they were selected to the Pro-Bowl… Even Eagles fans would not sink that low.
· Nothing beats a game day experience than drunk fans and I had one next to me screaming obscenities about Favre and how he and his wife are white trash…good times.
· Two fights broke out, between fans, which is always nice.
· Also, in the 4th Quarter, the Meadowlands turned into Dolphin Stadium in two ways. One there were a ton of empty seats and Dolphins chants abounded.
· If I ever wanted amusement, I would watch Mangini on the sidelines, acting like Art Shell, barely moving and showing no emotion.
· I should also mention the celebrations at the Meadowlands:
o Jets First Down: Announcer goes “Jets”, people go “first down”, I go “groan”
o Jets field goal: 1 round of fireworks
o Jets touchdown: 3 rounds of fireworks
· On to the game itself: I was convinced that Chad thought at times he was still playing for the Jets and he had a near pick in which he threw the ball between the numbers to number 50 on the Jets.
· Still he put himself together, and improved as the game went on, throwing impressively.
· Favre, was his turnover prone self and decided to give the Fins 7 points, which was the margin of victory (I went to the bathroom right before that play…needless to say I was pissed that I missed it)
It was a mistake that we got Favre.
*points to your username*
Originally Posted by FavreMVP2008
I think Jets fans should be thrilled that they missed the doggone playoffs. Now the turnover prone, 500 years old, QB only cost them a third round pick. If they would have gotten to the playoff and been badly beaten (and with that I mean really bedly beaten) by the Ravens he would have cost them a second rounder.
Agree with leo.
Originally Posted by Leo Fender
After I saw the Ravens were up 24-7 on the Jags I was rooting for Miami.
If the Jets can't make it at least they can bring down the Patriots with them.
That being said I give loads of credit to Miami's coaching staff. they got max talent out of their players and should be very proud of a great turnaround in just 1 season.
That's interesting. Anymore to share? How much total did you spend for the pleasure of watching this game in the stadium?
wraith and why do you think I was applaed at the fans for boing penny last year.
I got the tickets as a birthday gift, so not much money.
Originally Posted by Phil Elliott
One more thing I should mention. With the score 21-17, I said that the game would not go into to overtime like last year's game (I saw the WAS-NYJ game last year), and someone remarked that they would not be surprised if an OT came as the Fins needed a FG and the Jets, a TD. After a Fins FG, I was told that I single-handedly jinxed OT for the game, and it did not help that the last play scared me to death that the Jets would actually get a TD.
I was also situated in an area that was predominantly Dolphins fans, though I should mention that in front of me a person wearing a Vick jersey and another wearing a Burress jersey were sitting like 6 seats apart.