+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has looked Good/Bad in preseason games?

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008

Who has looked Good/Bad in preseason games?

Good- Mark sanchez, Dustin Keller, Vernon davis, Jonathon Vilma, bengals defence, Eagles receivers

Bad- Kyle Orton (3 interceptions Ouch! I doubt he ends the season as the Broncos QB)

The Rams o-line (they looked terrible in pass protection, Bulger is going to have a tough year)

Redskins offence (Zero points)

Colts o-line

Ugly- Jason David (He was probably no worse than normal though)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Everyone is so ready to condemn Kyle Orton. He looked pretty bad, yeah, I saw the interceptions. But it was a preseason game, and it's not like he hasn't started in the NFL before. He'll bounce back from that, and while he may never be a pro-bowler, it's premature to say he'll be benched by the end of the season just because he had one bad preseason game.

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

4. Steelers:

Good:

Dennis Dixon (QB), Isaac Redman (RB), Mike Wallace and Shaun McDonald (WR), Piotr Czech (K), Joe Burnett (CB), Bruce Davis (LB), Frank Summers (ST), Daniel Sepulveda (P)

Bad:

Keiwan Ratliff (CB), William Gay(CB), Carey Davis (RB), Tyrone Carter (S), Limas Sweed (WR, showed some good moments but many drops)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008

I don't think he'll be benched due to viewing one bad preseason game, I'm also taking his previous seasons into account

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Dowboy View Post
    I don't think he'll be benched due to viewing one bad preseason game, I'm also taking his previous seasons into account
    Yeah, I hear you, and it's not like you're alone in your opinion. I just think people are going to make way too big a deal out of what Simms did (and he looked good sure, in the preseason against a bunch of scrubs). Orton had an awful outing, but he's still a guy with a good bit of starting experience in the NFL, and he won't curl up and die after that. I don't think Simms has ever shown that he's a great option as a starting QB in the NFL, and Orton has at least performed at an above average level before. He's still learning a new system and he played without his best receiver last night. I'm just not ready to give up on anyone after one preseason game, though I understand you're not just basing it on that.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008

It's good to see that we agree Walter

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008

Broncos:

Bad:
    Orton
    Brandstater's Haircut (rookie hazing)

Good:
    Moreno
    Hillis
    Smith on kick returns
    The Broncos recievers
    Chris Baker (got a sack)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007

all of the colts except joseph addai.

seriously visanthe ****ancoe wipes their defense all over the field? seriously.

rosenfels did look sharp in his high school offense, though. we'll see how he does against starters. (most of the colts' secondary was injured or just held out)

+ Reply to Thread